Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Liverpool played for the draw. They had parked the bus from kick off and never really looked liked they wanted to win. Torres and Gerrard did nothing but neither did Lampard. Either way, great game, great win. Its on to Villa Park for another 3 points.

Liverpool played for the draw. They had parked the bus from kick off and never really looked liked they wanted to win. Torres and Gerrard did nothing but neither did Lampard. Either way' date=' great game, great win. Its on to Villa Park for another 3 points.[/quote']

lol :D

Yeah Johnson and Insua our full backs really seemed to be defending :P

Funny how everyone (and not LFC fans) was saying how well we pinned you back in the first half even Mascherno was up there! you guys had all 4 of your CM's back defending not us, then one of your own fans in this thread said we was pepping your goal at 1-0 looking for the equaliser.

Even your goal came from Mascherano going forward, got caught and you hit us on the break, surely if we "parked the bus" the break wouldnt even have been on as everyone would have been back?

lol :D

Yeah Johnson and Insua our full backs really seemed to be defending :P

Funny how everyone (and not LFC fans) was saying how well we pinned you back in the first half even Mascherno was up there! you guys had all 4 of your CM's back defending not us' date=' then one of your own fans in this thread said we was pepping your goal at 1-0 looking for the equaliser.

Even your goal came from Mascherano going forward, got caught and you hit us on the break, surely if we "parked the bus" the break wouldnt even have been on as everyone would have been back?[/quote']

well yeah Johnson and insua seem to spend more time in the opposition half in most games. Both of them were shockingly lazy as well in the Fiorentina game.

well yeah Johnson and insua seem to spend more time in the opposition half in most games. Both of them were shockingly lazy as well in the Fiorentina game.

Which surely proves (and with the goals we concede now) we dont "park the bus", when teams park the bus full backs dont cross the half way line

I never said you parked the bus well. You didn't play ten back but I just didn't see the attacking intent. There were periods of time in the first half when you did pressure the Chelsea defense but even then the attack seemed lazy and half hearted up until Benayun came on and Chelsea sat back. Watching the game I just don't see how anyone can say that Liverpool played to win that game, the crosses were lazy and even your clear cut chances were sloppy minus Gerrard's shot at the end. Liverpool didnt show up.

I never said you parked the bus well. You didn't play ten back but I just didn't see the attacking intent. There were periods of time in the first half when you did pressure the Chelsea defense but even then the attack seemed lazy and half hearted up until Benayun came on and Chelsea sat back. Watching the game I just don't see how anyone can say that Liverpool played to win that game' date=' the crosses were lazy and even your clear cut chances were sloppy minus Gerrard's shot at the end. Liverpool didnt show up.[/quote']

You did say we parked the bus and played for the draw which was totaly untrue as we attacked more than you guys did overall, before and after we went behind.

The above you mention is just poor play, missing chances is not playing for a draw as they never missed them on purpose, Torres just had a poor game and our crossing was also poor, but considering it was Johnson our full back doing most the crossing that again throws the whole playing for a draw thing out the window.

why does Drogba still find the need to spend half the game rolloing on the floor also?

He is a bloody beast with more strength and power than any of our players and shows this in most his play by knocking our defenders all over, yet he still for whatever reason thinks he needs to dive on the floor and fake injuries.

Watching Torres moan at the refs and whinge all the time gets on my nerves and irritates me a lot but watching Drogba do that on a weekly basis would annoy me even more, Heskey used to do it for us all the time and I hated him for it.

I will agree with you on the Drogba thing. The man is built like a brick outhouse but he drops like a little girl the second someone touches him. If he would stay up and push through the defenders then we would have a lot more opportunities every game. Its hard to complain when he scores as much as he does but the diving does get old.

I will agree with you on the Drogba thing. The man is built like a brick ****house but he drops like a little girl the second someone touches him. If he would stay up and push through the defenders then we would have a lot more opportunities every game. Its hard to complain when he scores as much as he does but the diving does get old.

At his best when hes one of them moods the man is unstoppable and can knock anybody off the ball thats why I don't get the diving thing either.

I would rather be known as a hard ....... and with his power just barge everyone about.

I agree with the Drogba thing, but for me I think he does a lot of the falling over because he feels his shirt being pulled for example and think he won't get the free-kick etc, so feels he has to go down to try win the foul, just my opinion.

But its not just Drogba who rolls around on the floor and fakes injuries anyway :rolleyes: Just because hes big doesn't mean its worse when he falls over, its just as bad when a cry baby like Ronaldo does it, and I don't hate Drogba for it, after all he plays for the team I love. :D

I agree with the Drogba thing' date=' but for me I think he does a lot of the falling over because he feels his shirt being pulled for example and think he won't get the free-kick etc, so feels he has to go down to try win the foul, just my opinion.

But its not just Drogba who rolls around on the floor and fakes injuries anyway :rolleyes: Just because hes big doesn't mean its worse when he falls over, its just as bad when a cry baby like Ronaldo does it, and I don't hate Drogba for it, after all he plays for the team I love. :D[/quote']

Do you hate Ronaldo for it?

I agree with the Drogba thing' date=' but for me I think he does a lot of the falling over because he feels his shirt being pulled for example and think he won't get the free-kick etc, so feels he has to go down to try win the foul, just my opinion.

But its not just Drogba who rolls around on the floor and fakes injuries anyway :rolleyes: Just because hes big doesn't mean its worse when he falls over, its just as bad when a cry baby like Ronaldo does it, and I don't hate Drogba for it, after all he plays for the team I love. :D[/quote']

Around 5 times vs Liverpool he went down, foul given and he carried on rolling around on the floor, so that kinda takes away that reason :P

I can't stand it, wether its an LFC player or a Chelsea one, it needs taking out of the game (and im not really talking about silly dives) I just mean rolling around rpetending your injured then all of a sudden when he see's nobody is interested, jumps to his feet and runs just fine its pathetic

Around 5 times vs Liverpool he went down' date=' foul given and he carried on rolling around on the floor, so that kinda takes away that reason :P

I can't stand it, wether its an LFC player or a Chelsea one, it needs taking out of the game (and im not really talking about silly dives) I just mean rolling around rpetending your injured then all of a sudden when he see's nobody is interested, jumps to his feet and runs just fine its pathetic[/quote']

I'm the same. Hate it. Hated Ginola and Robert for being little fairies all the time. Drogba doesn't need to do it. He is a monster athlete that could stand up against anything I think. He just makes himself look stupid all the time and try and get a fellow professional booked/sent off by making little niggling challenges look like they hurt him.. Its wrong!

Drogba's pure theatre, all the histrionics come as part of the package unfortunately. I'd take him in a heartbeat no matter who I supported though, complete with fannying around or not. He seems to be laying on more this season than he has in the past as well. An absolute monster when he's on form.

Alot of People Are Saying Chelsea Will Drop PoINTS When the African Cup of Nations is here but In my opinion i Still Think Chelsea Will have a decent squad not to drop points i mean , Anelka and Sturridge Upfront would actually still be great even tho people dont think Sturridge isnt that great , i actually like Sturridge if He gets a start he actually plays really well and puts in alot of effort., but im not sure who chelsea would play instead of Essien .