• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Moutinho and Essien are completely different types of players.

Also he hasn't had any tests yet so it might not be that serious.

They are different types of players but Chelsea have lots of central midfielders who can play varying roles, so if Moutinho did sign it would add options rather than be a direct replacement. Mikel doesn't seem the most convincing of players (not bad, but not great IMO) so Moutinho, Lampard and Ramires could get the start ahead of him potentially.

They are different types of players but Chelsea have lots of central midfielders who can play varying roles' date=' so if Moutinho did sign it would add options rather than be a direct replacement. Mikel doesn't seem the most convincing of players (not bad, but not great IMO) so Moutinho, Lampard and Ramires could get the start ahead of him potentially.[/quote']

If Moutinho were to sign it would be because Chelsea need a playmaker. We need a playmaker and have been after Modric. We've been after Modric for ages, obviously long before Essien picked up an injury.

Chelsea fans around the world, I think we all need to pray for Essien and hope that he isn't badly injured and it's only something minor, because when he is playing at his top level and at what he's capable of we have one hell of a player in the midfield.

Levy has threatened Luka apparantly, here's a quote:

"He threatened me - he said if I didn't accept the club's stance, they would make me sit on the bench or in the stands."

He also goes on to reaffirm his desire to leave, good news for us. I think this will be resolved soon, we'll come forward with a great deal for Spurs and i recken Luka will be with us before we start our tour.

We're also apparantly interested in Rolando with Alex to leave for Bayern Munich. I havn't really seen much of Rolando, how good is he? Is he consistant week in - week out?

Levy has threatened Luka apparantly' date=' here's a quote:

He also goes on to reaffirm his desire to leave, good news for us. I think this will be resolved soon, we'll come forward with a great deal for Spurs and i recken Luka will be with us before we start our tour.[/b']

We're also apparantly interested in Rolando with Alex to leave for Bayern Munich. I havn't really seen much of Rolando, how good is he? Is he consistant week in - week out?

In quotes attributed to the newspaper Sportske Novosti in Croatia...

I don't mean to sound negative but I will believe it when I see it;)

Thats the problem with media nowadays' date=' sometimes they make things up or the sources are untrue. And the next day the player will come out dening he said that.

Hope I am wrong though:)[/quote']

Yeah it's quite hard to know what's true when it comes to more local papers. It's always the papers from the players homeland that print out these interviews. Like last year a Spanish paper posted some kind of interview with Fabregas saying he wanted to leave.

It's quite hard to tell if it's true or not, i guess time will tell. I'm pretty sure he does want to leave though, as he said in an interview with the telegraph he wanted to join a big club like Chelsea.

I imagine it is true and I can also imagine that is something that Levy would say. If a player wants out then they should sell and take the money, otherwise he'll create a bad atmosphere in the dressing room as players will know he doesn't want to be at Spurs etc, then if you decide not to play him then that's a massive waste of money (in wages) and talent. :rolleyes:

I imagine it is true and I can also imagine that is something that Levy would say. If a player wants out then they should sell and take the money' date=' otherwise he'll create a bad atmosphere in the dressing room as players will know he doesn't want to be at Spurs etc, then if you decide not to play him then that's a massive waste of money (in wages) and talent. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Yeah, i've heard the whole threatening not to play them thing before, it won't happen here. Chelsea will move in with a lucrative offer and Spurs will sell. I expect if we went in at £28 million we could negotiate to a price of around £30 million. Unless something changes drastically, i expect Chelsea will confirm the signing just before we leave on our pre season tour.

Alex looks to be on his way out in an £11 million deal to Bayern Munich. Looks like this is why AVB is after a CB. Of the options talked about my prefeence would be Rolando. I'd much rather him than Cahill or even more so Dann. However i'd rather keep Alex, i don't understand why they're so keen to offload him.

ESSIEN UPDATE

Posted on: Mon 11 Jul 2011

Following injury to his right knee in training last week Michael Essien had surgery today to repair a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus.

The surgery was successful and Michael's full recovery could take up to six months.

Andre Villas-Boas said: 'Everyone at Chelsea wishes Michael well for his recovery. His team-mates and all the staff and I look forward to helping him return to playing as soon as possible.'

Very sad to hear how serious the injury was, at least the surgery was succesful so hopefully he'll be fine when he comes back. A massive loss for us. Hopefully he'll be back around January, however I think it's important not to rush him back, if he doesn't play till March, that would be fine as long as he is in the best possible shape when he returns.

What now? Can we trust Mikel that much, or will we move for someone on top of Modric? We've been linked with Moutinho, but he's a completely different player to Michael. Maybe a deal for Pepe could come to fruition. I wouldn't mind Fernando either, though both would be very costly.

Essien is injured for 6 months' date='terrible news for you guys. :D[/quote']

Why the face at the end? It's terrible that a player is injured. Also what's Essien ever done? He's set up his own foundation to help people in Africa and he also seems a really nice guy. Of all the Chelsea players, i'd have thought he'd be the one people would support through injury.

It's not right to gloat when a player, who has always been a great professional on and off the field, is injured.

Why the face at the end? It's terrible that a player is injured. Also what's Essien ever done? He's set up his own foundation to help people in Africa and he also seems a really nice guy. Of all the Chelsea players' date=' i'd have thought he'd be the one people would support through injury.

It's not right to gloat when a player, who has always been a great professional on and off the field, is injured.[/quote']

To be honest,I am using smiley in almost every post :D.

Essien is one of my favourite players in Chelsea,with Cech and Terry. :)

(But Terry because of some other reasons :D ).

To be honest' date='I am using smiley in almost every post :D.

Essien is one of my favourite players in Chelsea,with Cech and Terry. :)

(But Terry because of some other reasons :D ).[/quote']

Sorry :o, i'm just really sad about the extent of Essien's injury :(, i really like him and he doesn't deserve this bad luck. Add to that i've had a really bad day. So sorry :)

We're also close to wrapping up deals for Courtois and De Bruyn (both from Genk). De Rossi could be a great option. I rate him highly and he's much more dynamic than Mikel. He'd be my preferred option.

Sorry :o' date=' i'm just really sad about the extent of Essien's injury :(, i really like him and he doesn't deserve this bad luck. Add to that i've had a really bad day. So sorry :)

We're also close to wrapping up deals for Courtois and De Bruyn (both from Genk). De Rossi could be a great option. I rate him highly and he's much more dynamic than Mikel. He'd be my preferred option.[/quote']

Yup,class player,still remeber his goal versus Barca. :D

With Essien injured for half the season now. Signing Modric or Sneijder is a must now. If were playing a 4-3-3 we can drop Ramires back to holding with Lampard and another signing.

Ramires holding? What a waste of his talents. Some of you Chelsea fans have troubling coming to terms with the fact that Mikel is by far and away the best holding midfielder you've got. Just because he's not flashy doesn't make him unimportant.