Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

My point is' date=' you dont need a great back up left back. A good one would suffice, no point wasting that much money on him, when ashley cole is going to be your first choice and play most games. Coentrao is looking like he might be a starter for Real.[/quote']

That's why Chelsea apparently are going to sign VDW for 32M€ when have Ivanovic and Bosingwa(that was their best player Saturday).

Right.. Coentrao will be starter in 1/3 of Real games.. that's why Barça spent that amount of money on Fabregas.. and why? If Xavi/Iniesta/Messi will start over him....? They could have bought a good one that would suffice..

@Bradford: He never played for Porto in the right side. He played always at Left Back.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

That's why Chelsea apparently are going to sign VDW for 32M€ when have Ivanovic and Bosingwa(that was their best player Saturday).

Right.. Coentrao will be starter in 1/3 of Real games.. that's why Barça spent that amount of money on Fabregas.. and why? If Xavi/Iniesta/Messi will start over him....? They could have bought a good one that would suffice..

32 million euros!!! Not a chance! His value was £12 million a few months back. I'd like him at the Bridge' date=' but not for more than £16 million.[/color']

@Bradford: He never played for Porto in the right side. He played always at Left Back.

Ahh okay :(, he's flexible though, so he can cover lots of positions. Not sure where he'll play though... maybe he'll get trialled in lots of different positions. Wouldn't be surprised if he became our LW. He plays there for Uruguay, right?

Ahh okay :(' date=' he's flexible though, so he can cover lots of positions. Not sure where he'll play though... maybe he'll get trialled in lots of different positions. Wouldn't be surprised if he became our LW. He plays there for Uruguay, right?[/quote']

He played for Uruguay in Copa America as LM in the 4-4-2 and as LWB in the 3-5-2. I think he, like Coentrão, are better coming from behind than when are in advanced roles. Against a team with a very attacking RB, Barcelona for example, would be very usefull to Cole have anyone in front of him that could defend too and is good going forward. Porto tried do it with C. Rodriguez, but as he wasn't fully fit, Alves and Pedro were most of the times alone against Fucile..

I was just thinking... I know this is ages away from happening (most likely) but who will be captain once our legendary leader JT retires?! Considering Cole' date=' Lampard etc would be gone too, and Cech wouldn't have long left either... he could have been replaced by one of our young prospects by then.

Let's just say the squad barely changes between now and when JT retires for arguments sake.. who do you guys think?! We're talking in 4 or 5 years time I reckon? :o[/quote']

Torres, then McEachran

True fan :rolleyes:

shush you. i havn't been that active.

Stoke are trying to sign Lukaku on loan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14716748.stm

Not sure how I feel on this' date=' you got his personal opinion and than the fact he's playing third fiddle to Torres and Drogba

Wait, so you claim you're a Chelsea fan and get all your Chelsea news off the forum? Does this make me a Chelsea fan too? :confused:

Sometimes Goal.com and sometimes their official website. Although the laptop i'm using now doesn't have the chelsea toolbar.

Deadline day today then lads! I'm hoping that this thread is gunna be buzzing with activity :D

I'm excited for this as I think we'll make 2 signings today. Not 100% sure who, but we're definitely not done in the market just yet. Harry Redknapp said this morning that Modric will NOT be moving in this transfer window, which is a shame :( So maybe a last minute bid for someone else.

Any thoughts? :)

EDIT: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7139756,00.html

Apparently, we are in talks for Alvaro Pereira to sign him today... at £26million though. That's a lot of money for a player who won't be starting. :confused:

Deadline day today then lads! I'm hoping that this thread is gunna be buzzing with activity :D

I'm excited for this as I think we'll make 2 signings today. Not 100% sure who' date=' but we're definitely not done in the market just yet. Harry Redknapp said this morning that Modric will NOT be moving in this transfer window, which is a shame :( So maybe a last minute bid for someone else.

Any thoughts? :)[/quote']

It is all going according to plan. Wouldn't be surprised if we got Modric at the end. Heard we made a bid for Ribery. Exciting times just hope we can get someone good.:)

It is all going according to plan. Wouldn't be surprised if we got Modric at the end. Heard we made a bid for Ribery. Exciting times just hope we can get someone good.:)

Yeah that was in The Sun newspaper this morning that we've forgotten Modric and have turned our attentions to Ribery now. Another winger... hmm. Not needed.

Keisuke Honda is apparently in London having a medical with Arsenal, shame that.. I really like him, always wanted Chelsea to sign him :o

The Rumour Room on SSN is popping up with some right ole corkers.

According to one guy we are in advanced talks with Santos again today to complete the double swoop of both Neymar and Ganso. He reckons the fee could be £60million plus Ramires and Malouda. Extremely far-fetched IMO. :o:rolleyes:

Just read through the rumour room though, there are some very interesting ones on there from people claiming they've seen certain players at hotels etc.

According to one guy we are in advanced talks with Santos again today to complete the double swoop of both Neymar and Ganso. He reckons the fee could be £60million plus Ramires and Malouda. Extremely far-fetched IMO. :o:rolleyes:

Just read through the rumour room though' date=' there are some very interesting ones on there from people claiming they've seen certain players at hotels etc.[/quote']

Thats bull, I heard that the guy has only 3 on tweeter lol.;)

Just read through the rumour room though' date=' there are some very interesting ones on there from people claiming they've seen certain players at hotels etc.[/quote']

We wouldn't offer Ramires surely. We just signed him and he's looking good. I reckon maybe Neymar but wouldn't take the risk with both Neymar and Ganso. Follow my thread everyone it has constant updates with news and speculation.

Yeah that was in The Sun newspaper this morning that we've forgotten Modric and have turned our attentions to Ribery now. Another winger... hmm. Not needed.

Keisuke Honda is apparently in London having a medical with Arsenal' date=' shame that.. I really like him, always wanted Chelsea to sign him :o[/quote']

Other rumors are saying we bidded £40m for Modric. I think we can play mata in the middle and Ribery on the right, could work.

Would have loved for Honda to come hear though:)

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

where did you see guys that Keisuke Honda is joining arsenal? Source? As for ribery i don't think you will buy him. Bayern woudn't sell right now i think, but you never know!

where did you see guys that Keisuke Honda is joining arsenal? Source? As for ribery i don't think you will buy him. Bayern woudn't sell right now i think' date=' but you never know![/quote']

Sky Sports. http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html

Scroll down to near the bottom.