• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Its Benayoun' date=' not Lionel Messi, calm down.[/quote']

It doesn't matter who it is. Why are we helping Arsenal? Why are we loaning a 31 year old, if we want him to go, why not sell? He was also never given a fair chance.

Come on Meireles, your our only hope of the elusive playmaker we need.

Just you wait till Messi gets loaned out. ;):P

Looooool' date=' as long as we do better than Madrid, idc.

It doesn't matter who it is. Why are we helping Arsenal? Why are we loaning a 31 year old, if we want him to go, why not sell? He was also never given a fair chance.

Come on Meireles, your our only hope of the elusive playmaker we need.

Because there was no time to sell him probably...

Not like he's going to single handedly win the title for them or anything

(Now I said that, watch him become top scorer and have the most assists....)

Sky sports don't find out straight away just like that.. it could be annoyed hours after the deadline.. always hope mate :)

I reckon we'll get him!

I hope so :). I don't think even the Chelsea board are stupid enough to sell a playmaker and then bring no one else in.

If we get Meireles, it'll be a good window. If we don't, it's still be an okay one... although we'd of not bought the thing we needed the most.

I hope so :). I don't think even the Chelsea board are stupid enough to sell a playmaker and then bring no one else in.

If we get Meireles' date=' it'll be a good window. If we don't, it's still be an okay one... although we'd of not bought the thing we needed the most.[/quote']

We got him :)

RAUL MEIRELES JOINS CHELSEA

Posted on: Wed 31 Aug 2011

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Raul Meireles from Liverpool on a four-year contract.

The midfielder, 28, arrives after just over a season at Anfield in which he made 44 appearances for the Reds.

Born in Aves, Portugal, the highly-rated international began his career with his hometown club before a move to top-flight Boavista, where he spent one season before moving to Porto in 2004.

It was at the Stadio do Dragao that he flourished and helped Porto to a domestic treble in 2005/06. He scored against Chelsea in the Champions League knockout rounds a year later.

Two more league titles followed in 2008 and 2009 and Meireles established himself in the national side, playing under Luiz Felipe Scolari in the lead-up to Euro 2008, where he scored his first international goal.

He played every game in qualifying for the 2010 World Cup, and then scored in South Africa during the 7-0 beating of North Korea to catch Liverpool's eye.

After a low-key start in English football, Meireles came to life in January 2011, scoring five times in six games.

The 5ft 10in midfielder appeared twice from the bench for Kenny Dalglish's side this season before completing his move to Stamford Bridge on transfer deadline day.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D haha :P

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

And the whole Porto thing.

i said "helped". i mean meireles wasn't in the first XI in liverpool even the fact he was very good for them last season so he was unhappy. Liverpool spent much money too and they might wanted to sell someone and have some money back. For me for all these factors Meireles went to Chelsea. It must be others too that i ignore at the moment!