Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Agreed lol. 0% chance of him starting ahead of Lampard' date=' and then Ramires is playing well atm so can't see him being ahead of him either then you have Mikel there at DM where Meireles doesn't play. I think AVB will keep the 4-3-3 so can't see Meireles in the side, but AVB obviously likes him, so you never know.[/quote']

Just my observations, but I believe Lampard has been Chelsea's weak link, and his best is far past him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Meireles get decent time for you lot, or AVB could ease him slowly into the first team (slowly phasing Lampard out).

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Meireles is a good player, will do well for you and help out Torres. However I have heard that when he used to play in Portugal he was seen as a more defensive, ball winning midfielder (don't know whether its true Gizb may be able to help). If AVB plays him in that role now it will be a very bad mistake. He played 44 games for Liverpool last season and made less than 44 tackles all season.

The BBC said "The Portuguese is a combative player and is seen as a natural replacement for Javier Mascherano, who is poised to complete a move to Barcelona." when he signed for Liverpool

Meireles is a good player' date=' will do well for you and help out Torres. However I have heard that when he used to play in Portugal he was seen as a more defensive, ball winning midfielder (don't know whether its true Gizb may be able to help). If AVB plays him in that role now it will be a very bad mistake. He played 44 games for Liverpool last season and made less than 44 tackles all season.

The BBC said "The Portuguese is a combative player and is seen as a natural replacement for Javier Mascherano, who is poised to complete a move to Barcelona." when he signed for Liverpool[/quote']

I think I remember his favoured pos being AM, I heard while he was playing rm/lm alot.

I am not sure about this really. Heard It's something to do with UEFA and only allowing 17 non home grown players to play in the group stage.B)

As long as Lukaku is included in the 'B' squad or whatever it's called, he can still play. I remember Bebe wasn't included in Man Utd's CL squad, but he was included in the 'B' squad or whatever it's called and he played. But then again, UEFA might have changed the rules.

Champions League - Lukaku omitted from Chelsea squad

Chelsea's new £20 million signing Romelu Lukaku has been omitted from their Champions League squad, because they do not have enough homegrown players to meet UEFA quotas.

With only 17 non-homegrown players allowed by UEFA regulations, the 18-year-old striker, who joined from Anderlecht this summer, will not be able to feature in the group stages.

Given only four of the eight homegrown players can be "association trained", England U21 international left-back Ryan Bertrand is another not included.

However, promising young midfielder Josh McEachran will be available as the 18-year-old is set to be part of Chelsea's 'B' list.

Chelsea's other summer signings Oriol Romeu, Juan Mata and Raul Meireles are all in the 22-man group, reduced from the maximum size of 25 due to the lack of eligible club-trained players: only captain John Terry fits that brief, with four needed overall.

Regulations for the domestic Premier League are different, and would see Lukaku counted as one of Chelsea's under-21 players, so not part of the 25-man quota

Yeah' date=' really dirty of them to completely spring this on you! Oh no, wait :o Chelsea knew the rule was going to come in yet bought too many players anyway! :rolleyes: Sucks to not have an academy I guess...[/quote']

I was wondering why didn't we put Lukaku in instead of Kalou?

Josh Mceachran has come out of our academy, what about City eh?

I was wondering why didn't we put Lukaku in instead of Kalou?

Josh Mceachran has come out of our academy' date=' what about City eh?[/quote']

Micah Richards, Nedum Onuoha, Vladimir Weiss, Dedryck Boyata? Oh, and Sturridge of course but you guys are welcome to the money-grabbing tit :)

Plus, the point I was making was you knew the rules and signed too many players, which is stupid. City have not.

Micah Richards' date=' Nedum Onuoha, Vladimir Weiss, Dedryck Boyata? Oh, and Sturridge of course [b']but you guys are welcome to the money-grabbing tit[/b] :)

Plus, the point I was making was you knew the rules and signed too many players, which is stupid. City have not.

LMAO coming from a chity follower.

Micah Richards' date=' Nedum Onuoha, Vladimir Weiss, Dedryck Boyata? Oh, and Sturridge of course but you guys are welcome to the money-grabbing tit :)

Plus, the point I was making was you knew the rules and signed too many players, which is stupid. City have not.[/quote']

I was talking about english homegrown.

Lol, look at City's squad, that team is stocked more than us tbh. I can see your team having to drop big players aswell. So you can't put "we have signed too many players" on us.:)

I was talking about english homegrown.

Lol' date=' look at City's squad, that team is stocked more than us tbh. I can see your team having to drop big players aswell. So you can't put "we have signed too many players" on us.:)[/quote']

Why English? Home-grown is home-grown is it not?

You evidently have signed too many players though as you are having to drop Lukaku :) Only major guy missing for us is Hargreaves; who I think is probably injured.