Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Official Chelsea FC Thread

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Why English? Home-grown is home-grown is it not?

You evidently have signed too many players though as you are having to drop Lukaku :) Only major guy missing for us is Hargreaves; who I think is probably injured.

No I think our team is perfect the way it is I just don't agree that Kalou should be in it instead of Lukaku. Disappointing.

Lukaku would actually be considered homgrown if he spent 36months with us.

Meireles is a good player' date=' will do well for you and help out Torres. However I have heard that when he used to play in Portugal he was seen as a more defensive, ball winning midfielder (don't know whether its true Gizb may be able to help). If AVB plays him in that role now it will be a very bad mistake. He played 44 games for Liverpool last season and made less than 44 tackles all season.

The BBC said "The Portuguese is a combative player and is seen as a natural replacement for Javier Mascherano, who is poised to complete a move to Barcelona." when he signed for Liverpool[/quote']

He for Porto played like a player number 8.. but for Portugal he plays as DM..

People say you dont become a bad player overnight - well Torres has been becoming a bad player for the best part of 2 seasons now. He really doesn't have any ground to stand on in criticising others - especially those who have been defending him ( in public at least ).

he's not a bad player but he doesn't fit in, droggy can get past players and score because of his stength so he doesn't need as much service, think about the start to last season where you just flew up the pitch on counter attacks and scored either by droggy moving it up the pitch and scored or just passing it to malouda or anelka and them finishing.

torres however needs a xavi alonso or a xavi behind him to give him that cruicial pass to get him through on goal, because he is a cracking finisher, but you don't have someone good enough to play him in, cos lampards setting his ways, ramires and merieles arn't good enough and mata is the only one who can make things happen for you.

and chelsea are slow, they haven't got premier league pace. :(

We're not actually that slow, look at players like Anelka, Drogba, Cole etc. The criticism of Chelsea is often taken way out of proportion considering that in the last 3 years we've only played badly for about 3 or 4 months.

What in creating chances? Yes we were slow but we the players we have brought in, you can see how many chances we are creating and the improvement we have made just look at our last game. Torres didn't play the last game but I am sure if we had put him in we the chances we were making he would have got at least a goal.

Fernando Torres quizzed over 'slow' Chelsea comments

I think he needs to look at his own recent performances and how awful he has been recently playing' date=' a waste of a player on the pitch who does nothing to contribute to the team, before he criticises his team mates and team, idiot.[/quote']

Yeah i hate Torres obviously because of how he left Liverpool but ever more so because after he scored his first ever Chelsea goal against west ham when the whole Chelsea team were trying to tee him up to a point where it was imbarrasing. After about 15 games. And this is how he celebrates.

Chelseas-Fernando-Torres--005.jpg

No show of relief or pure joy he had finaly scored. No. He does a cocky knee slide as if he is a goal machine. Pathetic.

EDIT: What a rant :D

A pretty solid performance from Chelsea, you never really looked in trouble apart from Ballack's chance. Torres' general performance was pretty poor but his two assists were very good, I wish he took the goal in the last minute himself though. I think you should start David Luiz up front against Man U and see how that goes :D He's technically brilliant, however, I get very worried when he goes charging up the field lol. Sturridge impressed again, he's playing like he really wants his first team spot. Out of the Leverkusen players Schurrle stood out. Good movement and looked to be the only person that something would come from. Only 20 years old too, one to watch out for in the future. Now for Man U at the weekend, I can see Sturridge, Drogba and Mata getting the start up top.

A pretty solid performance from Chelsea' date=' you never really looked in trouble apart from Ballack's chance. [b']Torres' general performance was pretty poor but his two assists were very good[/b], I wish he took the goal in the last minute himself though. I think you should start David Luiz up front against Man U and see how that goes :D He's technically brilliant, however, I get very worried when he goes charging up the field lol. Sturridge impressed again, he's playing like he really wants his first team spot. Out of the Leverkusen players Schurrle stood out. Good movement and looked to be the only person that something would come from. Only 20 years old too, one to watch out for in the future. Now for Man U at the weekend, I can see Sturridge, Drogba and Mata getting the start up top.

Agree with everything except the bold bit.

Torres is apparently off to Spain in January on loan to try and improve his form. Ath.Madrid and Malaga are interested. Personally, I think this is a good move for him, as we did this for Sturridge and it worked.