Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Maybe the ref felt that if he didn't give a 2nd penalty to Utd because the ball was out of play then why should he give a red card to Cole. Don't forget we had 2 offside goals against us and also other decisions in the match that didn't go our way.

Fair enough you can't award a penalty if the ball is out of play. But Coles tackle was terrible' date=' very late, high and dangerous, it was worthy of a red card and should have been a red card, it doesn't matter if the ball was in or out of play, as Tom said on our thread:

If the ball goes out for a corner and then one player punches another player in the box, he gets sent off but it is still a corner.

The ball went out and then Cole hit the tackle.. Penalty? No, Red Card? Yes.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Fair enough you can't award a penalty if the ball is out of play. But Coles tackle was terrible' date=' very late, high and dangerous, it was worthy of a red card and should have been a red card, it doesn't matter if the ball was in or out of play, as Tom said on our thread:

The ball went out and then Cole hit the tackle.. Penalty? No, Red Card? Yes.[/quote']

I see your point, but in the situation the red card may well have been awarded due to a goalscoring opportunity. This means that the ball being in play had an affect on the card given, as it had an affect on the incident being a clear goalscoring opportunity or not.

He may well have been sent off for the foul alone, but my personal judgement would only have given him a red card for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Guys what happend to Cech will he start again tomorrow and vs Swansea ? TBH he was really bad last match against United ' date=' what do you think he will be changed till he become fully fit ?[/quote']

He barely had anything to do what so ever. Nani's shot was unstoppable, couldn't do anything with Smallings or Rooneys. He didn't do anything wrong. Not too sure if I actually watched the same game as some people on here. :rolleyes::confused:

Guys what happend to Cech will he start again tomorrow and vs Swansea ? TBH he was really bad last match against United ' date=' what do you think he will be changed till he become fully fit ?[/quote']

Very confusing?!? I don't see how he could possibly have stopped the first 2 goals and the 3rd was very unlucky (and certainly not his fault).

As far as I'm concerned he's been in the form of his life from the end of last season through pre season and into this one.

It's water under the bridge now, I think we should move on and focus on the League Cup tie with Fulham.

Bit worried tbh, if we put in our youngsters and Fulham put out a strong side, we could get knocked out. We really need a good run in this competition, it'll give the youngsters a chance to show what they can do.

Chelsea will line-up in the following 4-3-3 formation:

1 Petr Cech

19 Paulo Ferreira

33 Alex

4 David Luiz

34 Ryan Bertrand

20 Josh McEachran

6 Oriol Romeu

15 Florent Malouda

23 Daniel Sturridge

18 Romelu Lukaku

21 Salomon Kalou

Subs: 22 Ross Turnbull,17 Jose Bosingwa, 26 John Terry, 12 John Mikel Obi, 8 Frank Lampard, 10 Juan Mata, 11 Didier Drogba.

Pleased with the line up :). Surprised at seeing Studge in there again though. Very strong bench, if we run into any problems the big guns can come on for us. Looking forward to the game :).

In what way are you impressed by Josh and Oriel? Are we creating chances? How is Lukaku doing?

Well they bossed the mid, Josh looks the real deal, I won't be surprised if he gets ahead of Lampard in the starting order. Lukaku is looking good, just wish he can get more goal oppurtunities.