• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

It was. Swansea only had 7 shots and 1 was on target. Cech had hardly anything to do.

I'm not talking about stats, I'm talking about opportunities. Chelsea only looked like scoring when they did, we had numerous opportunities to find the net but we were just unable to. Williams should have scored 3 times, Dyer hit the bar and Routledge had a great chance.

But 37,000 Chelsea fans on the winning team should not have been totally out sung by 3,000 on the losing team. Awful support - almost as bad as Arsenal's.

I'm not talking about stats' date=' I'm talking about opportunities. Chelsea only looked like scoring when they did, we had numerous opportunities to find the net but we were just unable to. Williams should have scored 3 times, Dyer hit the bar and Routledge had a great chance.[/quote']

Aiden, you're a confused young man. Oppotunities and stats for the attempts on goal are the same thing.

But 37' date='000 Chelsea fans on the winning team should not have been totally out sung by 3,000 on the losing team. Awful support - almost as bad as Arsenal's.[/quote']

Tbf, the London teams fans prefer to be less vocal.

Edit: Support doesn't has to be vocal, it can be through banners etc.

Also, you're new to the EPL, so it's pretty obvious you'll be loud and enjoy the occasion as it might never happen again.

Aidan I swear to god all your posts are about opposing fans. Couldn't full your home ground last season could you ? Don't throw stones in a glass houses !!

;-)

I don't rate fans by their numbers, but by their voice. I'll give credit when it is due but the home support was awful today. Looking forward to Norwich away for that reason.

Been to Millwall and Charlton in the past, there's no excuses for them not to sign. At least they honoured the miners unlike WBA.

But 37' date='000 Chelsea fans on the winning team should not have been totally out sung by 3,000 on the losing team. Awful support - almost as bad as Arsenal's.[/quote']

No offense, but Swansea at home is probably in the 5 most comfortable fixture of the PL season for Chelsea, the fans are there and enjoying themselves but its less exciting when the win is so routine.

For the Swansea fans this match might be the only league game they play at the Bridge for a number of years, so they're gonna enjoys it. + Chelsea fans have less to be angry about being from London and all ;).

I'm not talking about stats' date=' I'm talking about opportunities. Chelsea only looked like scoring when they did, we had numerous opportunities to find the net but we were just unable to. Williams should have scored 3 times, Dyer hit the bar and Routledge had a great chance.

But 37,000 Chelsea fans on the winning team should not have been totally out sung by 3,000 on the losing team. Awful support - almost as bad as Arsenal's.[/quote']

It was a comfortable win for Chelsea. Whenever Chelsea got a chance they looked like scoring whilst I thought Swansea lacked a cutting edge. I like the way you play though, I hope you stay up and invest in the squad.

I was initially planning to go see this game, but in the end it didn't happen. Now i'm going to see the Genk game. I don't think being vocal neccessarily counts as good support, I mean, when I go, I don't plan to sing. I just want to go and enjoy the game. Does that make me a bad supporter? I don't think so, it's just how I want to enjoy the game.

I actually missed the game (despite it being a sky sports free weekend :mad:) but managed to catch it on the sky sports best game thing later on.

Unlike most of you, who watched it live, I saw the score first and saw that Torres had been sent off. The best I could've hoped for was a good performance by him and a goal, and I got both so I was pretty happy.

Torres was great, I don't care about the card, it was a stupid mistake, I care that he played well and scored again. Imo, he's well on the road to recovery :).

I love the way the team's playing too, I love the way Andre is playing this quick attacking football. Sadly, I don't think Lampard will ever recover from the permanant injury he got last August. It's a shame but I think we can manage without him now.

Typed at 3:37am... so sorry if it doesn't make sense :P.

It was a comfortable win for Chelsea. Whenever Chelsea got a chance they looked like scoring whilst I thought Swansea lacked a cutting edge. I like the way you play though' date=' I hope you stay up and invest in the squad.

I was initially planning to go see this game, but in the end it didn't happen. Now i'm going to see the Genk game.[b'] I don't think being vocal neccessarily counts as good support, I mean, when I go, I don't plan to sing. I just want to go and enjoy the game. Does that make me a bad supporter? I don't think so, it's just how I want to enjoy the game.[/b]

I actually missed the game (despite it being a sky sports free weekend :mad:) but managed to catch it on the sky sports best game thing later on.

Unlike most of you, who watched it live, I saw the score first and saw that Torres had been sent off. The best I could've hoped for was a good performance by him and a goal, and I got both so I was pretty happy.

Torres was great, I don't care about the card, it was a stupid mistake, I care that he played well and scored again. Imo, he's well on the road to recovery :).

I love the way the team's playing too, I love the way Andre is playing this quick attacking football. Sadly, I don't think Lampard will ever recover from the permanant injury he got last August. It's a shame but I think we can manage without him now.

Typed at 3:37am... so sorry if it doesn't make sense :P.

It doesn't make you a bad supporter individually, but collectively the support was poor and there was never any doubt about that. I didn't hear any songs, and just the occasional 30 second noise after you had scored each goal.

It doesn't make you a bad supporter individually' date=' but collectively the support was poor and there was never any doubt about that. I didn't hear any songs, and just the occasional 30 second noise after you had scored each goal.[/quote']

I think you need your ears checked. I heard a couple of chants/songs during the game.

I think you need your ears checked. I heard a couple of chants/songs during the game.

Yep same. Everyone says the same about United but we do actually chant a lot more than most teams. It's just that the Stretford End is the main place for chanting and seems to be the only place that chants against teams like Wigan and Swansea because we're usually 3/4-0 up :P That's why it's "quite".

I didn't hear any songs' date=' and just the occasional 30 second noise after you had scored each goal.[/quote']

Its not a new phenomenon, fans of the bigger clubs expect to win against the lesser premierleague clubs. That sit there in anticipation, waiting for the first goal. And it it doesn't start going there way they begin to get annoyed and belittle the ref about every decision.

As teams get more successful they buy better players, they want higher wages so ticket prices go up. This forces the true, working class fans, who enjoy supporting there team, out of a seat. Then your left with the chief execs and the BMW owners who invite there new business partner to watch a game of football, there not really there for the football. Its a chance to show off. The minority of true fans which remain at places like stanford bridge can't get there voices heard over the rustling of the financial times.

Don't expect much in terms of atmosphere at goodison this season but we should bring good voice to the liberty.

Its not a new phenomenon' date=' fans of the bigger clubs expect to win against the lesser premierleague clubs. That sit there in anticipation, waiting for the first goal. And it it doesn't start going there way they begin to get annoyed and belittle the ref about every decision.

As teams get more successful they buy better players, they want higher wages so ticket prices go up. This forces the true, working class fans, who enjoy supporting there team, out of a seat. Then your left with the chief execs and the BMW owners who invite there new business partner to watch a game of football, there not really there for the football. Its a chance to show off. The minority of true fans which remain at places like stanford bridge can't get there voices heard over the rustling of the financial times.

Don't expect much in terms of atmosphere at goodison this season but we should bring good voice to the liberty.[/quote']

Yes i suppose - but i just don't like the fact that those people don't want to sign some songs.

I can't visitor message you on your profile for whatever reason, but i'm curious to why your name is Lee Trundle yet not for the reason of supporting the Swans?