• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Brilliant goal by Johnson, but I am disappointed so much :mad:. It was to be expected though after we concede goals more than Torres gets laid :rolleyes:.

And what's with the English RB's scoring eh? All we need is Walker to score tommorow against Villa and Capello really will be quaking in his boots.

I don't think Chelsea is going anywhere whilst their team is so Mourinho-esque (Cech, Terry, Cole, Essien, Lampard, Obi Mikel, Drogba, Malouda, Kalou...). This team might have been very good half a decade ago, but not any more. Chelsea made two good signings ever since Mourinho left: Mata and Ramires, maybe throw Sturridge in as well. The rest was just plain average.

have you seen the video?

Yes - on numerous occasions.

JT admitted that he had said the quote - but claimed it was taken out of context and that he was merely querying if AF had accused him of saying that in the match.

So I have seen the video, JT has admitted saying it ( his defence is that is wasn't used as a 'slur' but as a question to AF, and AF hasn't denied Terry using the quote.

But I guess thats not enough evidence to be 100% that he used it:rolleyes:

Please tell me you guys haven't had to do jury duty yet;)

Yes - on numerous occasions.

JT admitted that he had said the quote - but claimed it was taken out of context and that he was merely querying if AF had accused him of saying that in the match.

So I have seen the video' date=' JT has admitted saying it ( his defence is that is wasn't used as a 'slur' but as a question to AF, and AF hasn't denied Terry using the quote.

But I guess thats not enough evidence to be 100% that he used it:rolleyes:

Please tell me you guys haven't had to do jury duty yet;)[/quote']

as a question? terry has not said that it was used as a question. it's stupid to actually think he would 'ask' anton that.

as a question? terry has not said that it was used as a question. it's stupid to actually think he would 'ask' anton that.

Its "stupid" for Terry to say that.

This is Terry's version of events, taken from 24 hours after the game, when he was informed that he had been caught on camera saying those words.

Terry's version/excuse

AF - "did you just call me a "b- c-""

JT - (No I didn't call) you "b- c-""

The part in brackets by terry is what the camera 'apparently' missed off/wasn't visual.

This is what Terry initially claimed when the furore erupted.

He admitted saying "you b- c-" but said he was merely responding to an on field allegation from Ferdinand enquiring if he used the words b- c- toward him.

The 'exact' quote from the 'man' himself:

"I'm disappointed that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand," he said. "I thought Anton was accusing me of using a racist slur against him. I responded aggressively, saying that I never used that term. I would never say such a thing, and I'm saddened that people would think so."

Gutted you guys lost today. However AVB shouldnt be judged on 3 months, it was ( or at least i bloody hope so ) and it should be a long term appointment.

His is a clever manager, he knows what is required for success, just needs to get his players in and get the rest of the team up to speed on his style of play. When that happens i have no doubts you guys will be challenging with City and United.

Actually livid you lost ! cant stand liverpool.

Gutted you guys lost today. However AVB shouldnt be judged on 3 months' date=' it was ( or at least i bloody hope so ) and it should be a long term appointment.

His is a clever manager, he knows what is required for success, just needs to get his players in and get the rest of the team up to speed on his style of play. When that happens i have no doubts you guys will be challenging with City and United.

Actually livid you lost ! cant stand liverpool.[/quote']

I agree, he was actually my number one choice for the United job when SAF retires in a few years. But we all know Roman's track record with managers so it wouldn't be too surprising in all fairness to see him go if he doesn't get a string of results in his favour....

I agree' date=' he was actually my number one choice for the United job when SAF retires in a few years. [b']But we all know Roman's track record with managers so it wouldn't be too surprising in all fairness to see him go if he doesn't get a string of results in his favour....[/b]

Sadly your right but im hoping he realised he couldnt continue doing that. He paid over 10 million pound ( i think ? ) to release AVB from his contract with Porto. Thats the biggest ever compensation package for a manager. You would think, it was a long term thing. Especially considering AVB age etc

Sadly your right but im hoping he realised he couldnt continue doing that. He paid over 10 million pound ( i think ? ) to release AVB from his contract with Porto. Thats the biggest ever compensation package for a manager. You would think' date=' it was a long term thing. Especially considering AVB age etc[/quote']

You'd think that wouldn't you? But I think we can safely say with Roman that nothing would surprise you. It would be horrific if he did sack him as hes definitely the best man for the job long term, theres nobody he can bring in that will do much better IMO. Your right in what you said too, the team needs freshening up big style, Mata will turn out to be a great signing... The need more like him.

You'd think that wouldn't you? But I think we can safely say with Roman that nothing would surprise you. It would be horrific if he did sack him as hes definitely the best man for the job long term' date=' theres nobody he can bring in that will do much better IMO. Your right in what you said too, the team needs freshening up big style, Mata will turn out to be a great signing... The need more like him.[/quote']

Agreed. It's not as if he is going to transform the club straight away is he :P. Just look at Sir Alex, his first year wasn't his best but look at him now- he's pulling out trophies left, right and center. He is bringing in good young signings, and graduly over time we should be able to play free-flowing football. But, let's not forget that Roman could pull the plug at any time and bring in Hiddink. I think that we should get in Hiddink in a Assistant Manager role and shift Di Matteo to a First Team Coach. Hiddink achieved great success at his short period of time at the club and he knows the team inside out.

Agreed. It's not as if he is going to transform the club straight away is he :P. Just look at Sir Alex' date=' his first year wasn't his best but look at him now- he's pulling out trophies left, right and center. He is bringing in good young signings, and graduly over time we should be able to play free-flowing football. But, let's not forget that Roman could pull the plug at any time and bring in Hiddink. I think that we should get in Hiddink in a Assistant Manager role and shift Di Matteo to a First Team Coach. Hiddink achieved great success at his short period of time at the club and he knows the team inside out. [/font']

This always amuses me. When a manager of a big club is under pressure the "So was SAF at the beginning" line always comes out, without fail.

The fact of the matter is that SAF was/is a complete one off, and I challenge you to name ANY other manager since 1992 who has taken over a 'big' club and struggled rather a lot at the beginning, but has gone on to have/had a long (5+ years) and succesful time at the club.

When the "So was SAF at the beginning" quote comes out, you know you are playing poorly and the manager has weeks/months left in a job.

Our autumnal slump is almost becoming as regular as Arsenal's end of season capitulations.

I don't think that you can blame Andre Villas-Boas. He is lumbered with having to field three over-the-hill English plodders: Lampard (who's incapable of having an impact on any half-decent midfield these days), Terry (who spends more time on the floor than on his feet defending) and Cole (the less said about Ashley's recent performances, the better).

What Villas-Boas needs to do, is to ditch these three players ASAP, and reinvigorate the squad in January, with a solid continental left-back, centre-back and central midfielder. Chelsea's squad has been in need of renewal in recent seasons. Villas-Boas may need years rather than months to complete it and his task must be viewed in that context. John Terry and Ashley Cole have been in desperately uneven form this season - and Sunday was no exception. The pair were vulnerable to the movement and pace of Luis Suarez and Craig Bellamy, while keeper Petr Cech's uncertain moments now appear with increasing regularity. Frank Lampard, though still a strong influence, is in the twilight of his career. And while it is always dangerous to roll the credits on a player of Didier Drogba's quality, the old powerhouse is looking like a spent force.

For all Fernando Torres' qualities, and I remain an admirer, he is looking lost again at Chelsea, while David Luiz, the other January signing, was a mess of indiscipline against Liverpool. He marches to the beat of a different drum and leaves Chelsea's entire defence out of step, perhaps making the unease of Terry and Cole understandable. Villas-Boas has arrived at the time when these big changes must be made. He has bought well in Juan Mata, while Raul Meireles may yet prove a wise purchase. He will also need to oversee the filtering of a new generation of talent into Chelsea's side, with Oriol Romeu, Romelu Lukaku, Daniel Sturridge and Josh McEachran among those hoping to graduate permanently.

Bit of a meal being made out of that late Leverkusen goal. In terms of Chelsea qualifiying, that goal matters for absoloutly nothing - a draw was no better than a win. A draw for Chelsea will send them through against Valencia after a defeat, which is the same as they needed if they picked up a draw in Germany.

Bit of a meal being made out of that late Leverkusen goal. In terms of Chelsea qualifiying' date=' that goal matters for absoloutly nothing - a draw was no better than a win. A draw for Chelsea will send them through against Valencia after a defeat, which is the same as they needed if they picked up a draw in Germany.[/quote']

Still. Another poor defensive performance. between the 35th and 55th minute we looked good and showed glimpses of our former selves, however, soon as we scored, we took the foot of the gas and sat back. I was annoyed that Mikel came on (he always does more harm than good) and to not bring on Torres when throughout the game Drogba looked lackadaisical, I thought was sheer stupidity. We're our own worst enemies most of the time, and I have no confidence in David Luiz's defensive skills any more, along with JT's.

I fear for AVB's future if we lose against Valencia in a couple of weeks. The CL is the main thing Abramovich wants, and if we go out in the group stages on the Tuesday night, expect to see the tabloids decorated in AVB's axe on the Wednesday morning.

Bit of a meal being made out of that late Leverkusen goal. In terms of Chelsea qualifiying' date=' that goal matters for absoloutly nothing - a draw was no better than a win. A draw for Chelsea will send them through against Valencia after a defeat, which is the same as they needed if they picked up a draw in Germany.[/quote']

That result means everything. Now we NEED to beat Valencia at home to qualify, a draw is no longer good enough. Valencia now have the same amount of points as us and after hitting Genk for 7 now have a superior goal difference. If it ends all square Chelsea are out.

I can't believe it's come to this, we should have qualified ages ago, we should have beaten Valencia and should have swept aside Genk and now look. This is unacceptable and unless things perk up I can see us going out.

I have a horrible feeling about this...

If they draw won't Valencia go through to there superior goal difference?.

A score draw would send Valencia through bud, as after head to heads ( was 1-1 in spain ) Valencia have a better goal difference.

So 0-0 Chelsea through

1-1 would see Valencia through on GD

2-2,3-3 etc etc would see Valencia through on head to head.