• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Mourinho or Benitez should be the next manager IMO. Both would be great choices who have both proved themselves in this league before and won trophies along the way. Plus, since Mourinho departed the first time around, you have had no manager with EPL experience upon arrival. That is if you excuse Ray Wilkins who was in temporary charge for one game.

chelski.jpg

Just something I found on twitter that I thought was interesting. I'm not sure if the AVB stats are up to date, but I'm sure someone will know.

Mourinho or Benitez should be the next manager IMO. Both would be great choices who have both proved themselves in this league before and won trophies along the way. Plus' date=' since Mourinho departed the first time around, you have had no manager with EPL experience upon arrival. That is if you excuse Ray Wilkins who was in temporary charge for one game.

[center']

chelski.jpg[/center]

Just something I found on twitter that I thought was interesting. I'm not sure if the AVB stats are up to date, but I'm sure someone will know.

I doubt Mou will come..personally I want to see Van Gaal at Chelsea(no chance).

I'd be happy if Benitez came.

Knows how to win the Champions League, I mean, He did it with Liverpool, He must be Jesus or something ;)

Also would gain 5 billion x the repsect that AVB had, and I recon he'd be able to ship out the oldies while still keeping them happy at the club.

Mourinho is imo the best manager in the world, maybe except Steve Kean, so he would always be a welcome choice, but I dont see it happening, not while Abramovich is still at the helm.

I doubt Mou will come..personally I want to see Van Gaal at Chelsea(no chane).

I would be happy if Mourinho came back, and although I think it would be the best choice for Chelsea, I can't see it happening. Mourinho has too much pride to just forget the past and get on with the job at hand.

Like Walshe kindly pointed out on the PL thread, I have made myself look like a bit of a mug over the last few weeks/months around this section of the forum. However, I will say that despite the current situation with certain players being unhappy and knowing that they are to be moved on in the summer, I think the next manager needs to have that EPL experience under their belt.

I'd be happy if Benitez came.

Knows how to win the Champions League' date=' I mean, He did it with Liverpool, He must be Jesus or something ;)

Also would gain 5 billion x the repsect that AVB had, and I recon he'd be able to ship out the oldies while still keeping them happy at the club.

Mourinho is imo the best manager in the world, maybe except Steve Kean, so he would always be a welcome choice, but I dont see it happening, not while Abramovich is still at the helm.[/quote']

Benitez is a fantastic manager but I think his approach towards the senior players wouldn't be much different to AVB's so I don't understand why Abramovich would want him. Or why Benitez would want to go there.

Why would anybody want to manage a club with only a handful of good players' date=' a squad who knows they're going to be sold and a crazy owner looming over their head?[/quote']

Why would anyone leave Inter Milan for Anzhi? ;), in all seriousness there's more to it than that but the wage they'd be getting plus the money given to overhaul the squad would be huge. Plus, I think Mourinho could join... he's not exactly going to come out and say he wants to join Chelsea when asked so the quotes of him saying he's not coming are pointless. Plus he was in the Chelsea area looking at houses... I think Roman's made him an incredible offer. If he hasn't... I recken he plans to soon...

Why on earth would he get the sack in the first place, was I the only one who had faith in him. If I was a Chelsea fan I would be fuming right now, terrible decision by Abramovich, again. I mean the guy is only 34, surely he must of been a long term project, so what if he gets bad results in the first half of the season, just imagine the success AVB would of brought longer down the line when everything is settled. If feel so sorry for AVB right now. At the end of the day its the players that win matches, not the manager.

Now that AVB appears to have you sussed' date=' I think you're [b']much much better title candidates than United[/b].

Yeah' date=' you guys have a lot better chance of winning the title than the scum[/b'] "insert word that doesn't get me an infraction here".
Agreed. Meirelles could have been sent off' date=' but then so could have Toure. But, [b']definitely feel Chelsea have a much better chance of winning the title than United.
Not going to enter a debate about this.

Merely quoting the post for the end of May.

Then I will re-quote this message and laugh at all of you for seriously thinking that Chelsea will either A: win the title' date=' or B: Finish closer to the team in 1st than United will.[/quote']

You're joking right? Chelsea are always up there.

No Bradford - I wasn't joking;)

However in all fairness I am at a loss as to why some Liverpool and Arsenal fans are taking the time to laugh at you - surely with AVB now gone you have a lot better chance of finishing 4th place?

However in all fairness I am at a loss as to why some Liverpool and Arsenal fans are taking the time to laugh at you - surely with AVB now gone you have a lot better chance of finishing 4th place?

With some guy who couldn't handle West Brom let alone Chelsea? :rolleyes:

Players fault as much as the Managers' in recent weeks, not 100% down to AVB. So players need to up their game as well as the staff.

Another crackpot decision by Abramovich yet again, seriously has the guy heard of the word continuity? I guess this is what happens when you mortgage the integrity of the club to buy yourself titles, Man City fans should take note of the circus that has become Chelsea FC.

AVB is a young, inexperienced but talented manager in charge of an ageing team of prima-donnas that has only a handful of high quality players. Constantly changing managers is not solving anything and all this has done is put the team back another season.

I don't think Chelsea will attract a big name because the club is not an attractive prospect by any means.

Why on earth would he get the sack in the first place' date=' was I the only one who had faith in him. If I was a Chelsea fan I would be fuming right now, terrible decision by Abramovich, again. I mean the guy is only 34, surely he must of been a long term project, so what if he gets bad results in the first half of the season, just imagine the success AVB would of brought longer down the line when everything is settled. If feel so sorry for AVB right now. At the end of the day its the players that win matches, not the manager.[/quote']

No you're not. Lots of people had faith in him including me. It's just Abramovich's fault, I guess he hasn't heard the phrase 'patience is a virture'. It's really a terrible decision to sack him. If I was the owner, I'd sort out the trouble makers. You should back your manager regardless of what he's done. So what if he's dropped you? You're not performing so you deserved to be dropped. Cole was unhappy on why he was dropped for the Napoli game and Luiz came out and said to a Portuguese radio station that Lampard has to listen to AVB. I don't think AVB could have treated Lampard in the same way as Anelka and Alex, if he did, then they would be fury from the fans (if they didn't know what was actually going on behind the scenes).

I don't really think it's AVB's fault that the club is underperforming. It's the players. They lack concentration, the defending has been poor, not enough chances have been created by the midfield, the strikers finishing (bar Mata and Sturridge) have been poor. People saying that he's tactically poor, but he's not. If the players weren't underperforming, then they would not be saying that. Maybe playing a higher line was a mistake, but he changed it. AVB was a talented young manager who had a long term project of getting rid of the deadwood, underperforming players and building a new young and quality squad. If only Abramovich had the patience....... I wouldn't be suprised if AVB went on to be sucessful at his next job (Inter prehaps?) and in a couple of years time, Abramovich wanted him back.

@The Troll (aka TalentSearcher) - You must be joking by saying Cech and Terry is one of the egos right? What nonsence.

I wouldn't want Benitez as the manager. Plus I don't think he'll last long. Did he critize Hicks & Gillet for interfearing with the team? If he said that about Abramovich, Rafa would be clearing out his office.

Just realised Di Matteo will remain until the end of the season. Why not give him until the end of the season if you're appointing his assistant:confused: He's either resigned or the players have refused to play for him by the looks of things

http://www.hasandrevillasboasbeensackedyet.com/:o

Just realised Di Matteo will remain until the end of the season. Why not give him until the end of the season if you're appointing his assistant:confused: He's either resigned or the players have refused to play for him by the looks of things

http://www.hasandrevillasboasbeensackedyet.com/:o

I don't understand... :confused:. Di Matteo is going to be in charge until the end of the season according to Chelsea, after that, who knows what will happen.

Personally i'd get Benitez in. If you can give him a contract until the end of the season it could be ideal. Not sure he'd go for that though...

Long term, i'd actually prefer Guardiola to anyway but obviously if either G or Mou joined i'd be thrilled...

I don't understand... :confused:. Di Matteo is going to be in charge until the end of the season according to Chelsea' date=' after that, who knows what will happen.

Personally i'd get Benitez in. If you can give him a contract until the end of the season it could be ideal. Not sure he'd go for that though...

Long term, i'd actually prefer Guardiola to anyway but obviously if either G or Mou joined i'd be thrilled...[/quote']

I doubt Benitez will get it now. If they really wanted him they would have gave him a short term deal till the end of the season, then probably extended it.

Waiting till the end of the season to appoint now opens the door for Pep and Jose, which is who Abramovich would like to bring in.

And also, Am I the only one who stands by Abramovich in his decision this time round? Obviously he is known for sacking managers without giving them time, but come on? Under AVB Abromovich realised that we might not finish top 4, which would have been a disaster. I think it was a smart move.

I doubt Benitez will get it now. If they really wanted him they would have gave him a short term deal till the end of the season' date=' then probably extended it.

Waiting till the end of the season to appoint now opens the door for Pep and Jose, which is who Abramovich would like to bring in.

And also, Am I the only one who stands by Abramovich in his decision this time round? Obviously he is known for sacking managers without giving them time, but come on? [b']Under AVB Abromovich realised that we might not finish top 4, which would have been a disaster.[/b] I think it was a smart move.

You make it sound like Di Matteo will definitely get you into the top 4 :confused: There is absolutely no reason for the players to perform any more for him than they were doing under AVB.

You make it sound like Di Matteo will definitely get you into the top 4 :confused: There is absolutely no reason for the players to perform any more for him than they were doing under AVB.

Didn't mean to make it sound like that. I'm not saying he will get us into the top 4, but under AVB I definetly don't think we would have. The key thing we needed was change, and although Di Matteo might not instantly get the respect he needs, he has his own ideas on tactics and who to play where etc. We might do worse, but it was always going to be a gamble. A gamble that I think will pay off.

You make it sound like Di Matteo will definitely get you into the top 4 :confused:There is absolutely no reason for the players to perform any more for him than they were doing under AVB.

I disagree, with AVB gone hopefully certain players will step up and prove that he was wrong. Lampard in particular needs to step up after all the troubles he's had.

Guardiola would be so perfect... plays great football, promotes youth, good tactically... but I recken he'll sign a 1 year extension so he can win back La Liga (if Barca do indeed lose it). Mou would be the other great option. I don't know if Mou's problems at Real are all true, but if they are, this could be the ideal opportunity for him to return.

I disagree' date=' with AVB gone hopefully certain players will step up and prove that he was wrong. Lampard in particular needs to step up after all the troubles he's had.

Guardiola would be so perfect... plays great football, promotes youth, good tactically... but I recken he'll sign a 1 year extension so he can win back La Liga (if Barca do indeed lose it). Mou would be the other great option. I don't know if Mou's problems at Real are all true, but if they are, this could be the ideal opportunity for him to return.[/quote']

It wasn't AVB who set out to sell the older players. AVB was brought in to achieve Abramovich's wish of overhauling the squad. That wish is still there and the older players know they'll still be shipped out when a decent offer comes in.