• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

The problem is that if, for the rest of the season, the old guard push themselves to prove a point. So say you get to the semi's of the champions league and get 4 place. Then would that not do more harm than good?

It would be very very hard for a new manager to come in and do what's needed, ie strip down and start again. If the older players have had an awesome back of season and can start there demands again. The new man would feel he has to keep them in the squad and the AVB situation would happen again?

Why didn't Chelsea use common sense and appoint Hiddink instead of AVB last summer? That is the more important question imo.

He was under contract with the Turkish NT. The Turkish FA were reluctant to let him go under any costs and the fact that he was committed with them. Chelsea did use common sense and appoint a top' date=' young up and coming manager with a long term project, but at Chelsea, the players who act likes spoilt prats (Lampard, Cole) have more influence to decisions than the manager. :rolleyes:

Anyway I've read this article and I really feel sorry for AVB. He was a dedicated manager, you probably won't see that amount of dedication from other managers. I find it a bit strange than Roman sacks him and then blames the players. Like I said in my previous post, 'If I was the owner, I'd sort out the trouble makers' first.

He was under contract with the Turkish NT. The Turkish FA were reluctant to let him go under any costs and the fact that he was committed with them. Chelsea did use common sense and appoint a top' date=' young up and coming manager with a long term project, but at Chelsea, the players who act likes spoilt prats (Lampard, Cole) have more influence to decisions than the manager. :rolleyes:

Anyway I've read this article and I really feel sorry for AVB. He was a dedicated manager, you probably won't see that amount of dedication from other managers. I find it a bit strange than Roman sacks him and then blames the players. Like I said in my previous post, 'If I was the owner, I'd sort out the trouble makers' first.

First off mate I hate reading your posts at present. This is due to the fact that when looking at your posts I suddenly feel a jealous rage come over me as I think of the lucky git who lets the bird in your sig ride him:D

Onto your points though chap.

I think anyone could/should have seen that a young manager wasn't going to work at Chelsea. I said all along it was a poor appointment and would never work. The reasons for this is that Chelsea need to have a foundation for a new young manager to build on.

At present Chelsea have: A pointless youth system, too many players the wrong side of 30 who's ego's are now bigger than the talent they possess, a waste of space £50m striker who has (well had to when AVB joined) start the majority of matches due to his price-tag, defenders who can't defend and a goalkeeper who is now the shadow of his once great self.

The above all needed 'fixing' and it would have been a struggle for Hiddink tbh but at least he would have had more of an idea than a young kid from Portugal.

Chelsea clearly needed to get a Hiddink in with the aim of 'stabilising' the club/team long-term and THEN when the platforms are in place (the old ego's gone, players who can play effectively, youth starting to be integrated into the team etc etc) a young manager with a long term vision would have had a mich better chance of success with the club whilst also being able to imprint his own stamp on it.

Overall I blame Roman Abramovich who is a clueless muppet who is now realising that money can't guarantee success (I am so happy that the CL still eludes him - all that money spent and no CL in 10+ years:D:D), whilst also blaming the players.

AVB I predict will possibly venture into Italy for a while imo.

First off mate I hate reading your posts at present. This is due to the fact that when looking at your posts I suddenly feel a jealous rage come over me as I think of the lucky git who lets the bird in your sig ride him:D

Haha. She didn't ride on anyone.

;) (Go to 0:52)
I think anyone could/should have seen that a young manager wasn't going to work at Chelsea. I said all along it was a poor appointment and would never work. The reasons for this is that Chelsea need to have a foundation for a new young manager to build on.

How can you think that a young manager that has achieved than the likes of Wenger/Mourinho/SAF in that short space of time was a poor appointment? People were suddenly optimistic about Chelsea and the future. The minority of the rival fans and the bitter Porto fans thought it wasn't going to work out (haters will be haters). He was going to sort out the squad and build some foundations. For example' date=' at Porto, he signed young players whilst they got rid of the older ones (e.g. Bruno Alves, Meireles). He got them performing really well after a rubbish season. They were no trouble makers or anything, they respcted him and didn't question his decisions. If only some players did that.........

At present Chelsea have: A pointless youth system, too many players the wrong side of 30 who's ego's are now bigger than the talent they possess, a waste of space £50m striker who has (well had to when AVB joined) start the majority of matches due to his price-tag, defenders who can't defend and a goalkeeper who is now the shadow of his once great self.

Chelsa don't have a pointless youth system now. There's lots of quality players. I can see where you're coming from tbh, not many players were given a chance during the past seasons but AVB was going to change that. AVB fell out with the reserve team coach Dermot Drummy after criticising him for failing to accelerate players into the first team and then kicking them out of the main training building.

The above all needed 'fixing' and it would have been a struggle for Hiddink tbh but at least he would have had more of an idea than a young kid from Portugal.

Hiddink did have a good relationship with the players' date=' but you never know, since some of the players ability are declining and some are useless, they might not perform under him and maybe he might change his style which some players might not like. The situation might have turned like AVB's.

Chelsea clearly needed to get a Hiddink in with the aim of 'stabilising' the club/team long-term and THEN when the platforms are in place (the old ego's gone, players who can play effectively, youth starting to be integrated into the team etc etc) a young manager with a long term vision would have had a mich better chance of success with the club whilst also being able to imprint his own stamp on it.

It was AVB's job to stabilize the club and lay out his project, but it was the trouble makers fault that it didn't happen. Roman is more concerned about qualifying for the CL next season and if the players won't perform for AVB, then Roman had no choice to sack him. Like I said above, Hiddink might have faced AVB's struggles.

Haha. She didn't ride on anyone.
;) (Go to 0:52)

I HATE RUSSELL BRAND:mad::D Seriously if he doesn't get a sex tape 'leaked' onto the net within a year then he deserves a bit of a slap:p

How can you think that a young manager that has achieved than the likes of Wenger/Mourinho/SAF in that short space of time was a poor appointment? People were suddenly optimistic about Chelsea and the future. The minority of the rival fans and the bitter Porto fans thought it wasn't going to work out (haters will be haters). He was going to sort out the squad and build some foundations. For example' date=' at Porto, he signed young players whilst they got rid of the older ones (e.g. Bruno Alves, Meireles). He got them performing really well after a rubbish season. They were no trouble makers or anything, they respcted him and didn't question his decisions. If only some players did that.........

[b']The current egotistical prats Chelsea have on the playing staff have fended off 'bigger' manmagers than AVB. Whilst he did an admirable job at Porto it was in no way similar to the chairman conditions placed on the club at Chelsea. If RA was serious about giving a young manager a 'long term plan' with the club then he should have made sure the club was in the best possible shape for a young manager to come into. [/b]

Chelsa don't have a pointless youth system now. There's lots of quality players. I can see where you're coming from tbh, not many players were given a chance during the past seasons but AVB was going to change that. AVB fell out with the reserve team coach Dermot Drummy after criticising him for failing to accelerate players into the first team and then kicking them out of the main training building.

I agree that Chelsea can produce some decent youth players as has been seen with the likes of Stoch and a couple of others who have since left the club. However, whatever manager is in place they know that they don't have the time to blood youth into the 1st team as results need to be instant - why risk your job sticking in a young CB when you can go out and buy an experienced CB for £20 for example.

As for AVB I thought the purchase of Lukaku was going to be a good one. But the fact the lad never started in the league, and couldn't get ahead of an ageing Drogba and a useless spaniard who makes Titus Bramble look like an effective striker, speaks volumes about AVB and his vision toward youth in his short time at the helm.

Hiddink did have a good relationship with the players, but you never know, since some of the players ability are declining and some are useless, they might not perform under him and maybe he might change his style which some players might not like. The situation might have turned like AVB's.

Agreed. But surely it would have been better to have a manger that the players wouldn't need to see 'prove himself' to them and than one that they lacked respect for right from the off?

It was AVB's job to stabilize the club and lay out his project, but it was the trouble makers fault that it didn't happen. Roman is more concerned about qualifying for the CL next season and if the players won't perform for AVB, then Roman had no choice to sack him. Like I said above, Hiddink might have faced AVB's struggles.

Agreed that he may have faced the same struggles. But still feel it was far too early to be going for a 'young' manager with a long term vision whilst the club/squad is in its worst state for 15 years.

Nineteen characters!

Okay, you both. This really was an impossible task for any manager, bar one that would have reversed the order and told Abra that they stick with the old players. That is because it is impossible to make these players play well once you have told them that they are all going to be on sale next summer (which is the last summer now). I recall when Torres was bought, Ghelsea informed about plan to fund their recruitment by selling Drogba, Bosingwa, Anelka, Malouda, Mikel, Lampard and all the other older players. Who is surprised that they are demoralized by this? Who is surprised that it was hard to actually sell players with their wage and age when you have yourself informed that you are going to get rid of them? I mean, nobody is going to offer any money at least, and it takes a heavy spending Eastern club to pay the wages.

The problem is not that the manager doesn't make it with the players, it is that the players know they are no longer part of the team, yet they still have to play, because the change of the squad that has been going on for over a year now is still a long way going on. This is a club that is right now horribly managed by the owner and that's the problem.

I do not feel sorry for AVB. He is a bloody rich man now and can have another attractive manager post soon if he wants.

There tons of things wrong with Chelsea

The owner wants the champs league deep down and the Premiership comes second

All this buying and sacking managers are costing a lot, £50 mil in total (thats 13k a minute) for AVB and sacking him, Chelsea could of got Sneijder or someone

Scolari got sacked for drawing 5 games in a row, come on

AVB was never going to be a success in my opinion, all he was known for was an unbeaten season with Porto - what the hardest game Porto played that season? and at Chelsea it is Player powe, hey might as well do what Gary Neville said Advertise for a part time coach

Players

Next Torres, £50 mil flop, scored 1.6 goals for every manager that been under owner, get him scoring or sell him

Chelsea has £18 mil talent of Lukaku, has Mceachen(spelling), they have that keeper they loan to A Madrid, flipping use them, SAF, Wenger etc are using youngsters in matches

Cahill, Luiz arent up to top class standards , Mata plays better just behind the front 2. In my opinion sell the egos/ Mourinho man (Terry, Cole, Lampard, Cech etc) replace them with top talent

When SAF finished 3rd in the premiership, United fans were thinking he too old, maybe need a new manager but stuck to him

Wenger, Arsenal fans are impatient of no trophies but they sticking by him

Next manager I think will be Rafa. I'm talking about the facts

It wasn't AVB who set out to sell the older players. AVB was brought in to achieve Abramovich's wish of overhauling the squad. That wish is still there and the older players know they'll still be shipped out when a decent offer comes in.

But certain players didn't get on with AVB whilst others hates his tactics like Cole who alledgedly complained about having no freedom and feeling like a robot. Hopefully they can prove AVB wrong and show they're good enough.

I do agree with your points though, but I still think some player's futures are in the balance.

Eddie Newton is going to be Di Matteo's assistant until the end of the season.

I think our only option is to rebuild in the summer. The new manager is going to have some big decisions to make. Stick with Cech or throw Courtois in? Promote youth or buy players? Get rid of all the old players or only get rid of those who 'demand' starting spots.

It's going to be interesting for sure... Oh and Kakuta scored again :), he's now scored 4 goals in 7 appearences for Dijon. I really hope he gets his confidence back, he used to be fantastic.

Say Di Matteo gets you in the Champions League or wins the FA Cup would any of you oppose him being made manager? I know it is a long shot but surely he should be given a chance if he does well.

Di Matteo is a Chelsea legend so in my eyes' date=' if he does do a decent job for the next 4 months I don't see why we'd need a new manager, I can see the old guard taking a liking to him because hes a legend there and hes respected as one. Personally though with all these names floating about; Rafa, Guardiola, Mourinho, Lowe, Brendan Rogers and 'Arry Redknapp to name a few, how long will Di Matteo get to prove himself?

But certain players didn't get on with AVB whilst others hates his tactics like Cole who allegedly complained about having no freedom and feeling like a robot. Hopefully they can prove AVB wrong and show they're good enough.

I do agree with your points though, but I still think some player's futures are in the balance.

Eddie Newton is going to be Di Matteo's assistant until the end of the season.

I think our only option is to rebuild in the summer. The new manager is going to have some big decisions to make. Stick with Cech or throw Courtois in? Promote youth or buy players? Get rid of all the old players or only get rid of those who 'demand' starting spots.

It's going to be interesting for sure... Oh and Kakuta scored again :), he's now scored 4 goals in 7 appearences for Dijon. I really hope he gets his confidence back, he used to be fantastic.

Thing is mate, these are all allegations against AVB's tactics, yes they could be true but it could be the media doing what they do best, cowpooing. I'd love to see what Courtois is like with him pretty much saying hellogoodbye within minutes of each other. Also looking forward to seeing Lucas Piazon playing for us next year. Another one who people seem to have forgotten about is Kevin De Bruyne, what happens when he joins up with the team in july?

Players that need to go in my eyes are:

Florent Malouda: Can't recall the last time he looked eager to impress or interested in the game he was in.

Salomon Kalou: MIA. When IA, he's awful.

Jon Obi Mikel: Romeu, Ramires, Essien and Mereiles are all better than he is.

Paulo Ferreira: Just part of the furniture nowadays.

Jose Bosingwa: I'm sure there are better RB's in the world. I can think of 10 off the top of my head.

Torres (Perhaps): would like to see what he'll do without AVB around, if he's still bloody awful, flog him for probably around £15m in the summer.

Hilario: 4th in line to the throne that Cech so certainly sits on. Not needed with Courtois coming back. I do prefer him to Turnbull but Hilario's got a good 10 years on Turnbull.

Yossi Benayoun: Don't even know why we bought him.

Whats going to happen to:

Jeffrey Bruma, Patrick Van Aanholt, Josh McEachran, Romelu Lukaku and Gael Kakuta next season? Would love to see them all get chances but depending on the manager we get we could lose them. Bruma is on loan at Frank Arnesen's Hamburg and Lukaku has been on Arnesen's radar too. Does that mean we'll lose them? judging by the way we let Gokhan Tore and Michael Mancienne leave and lett Prosinek and Borini go to the Serie A, I think they'll go.

Di Matteo is a Chelsea legend so in my eyes' date=' if he does do a decent job for the next 4 months I don't see why we'd need a new manager, I can see the old guard taking a liking to him because hes a legend there and hes respected as one. Personally though with all these names floating about; Rafa, Guardiola, Mourinho, Lowe, Brendan Rogers and 'Arry Redknapp to name a few, how long will Di Matteo get to prove himself?

Thing is mate, these are all allegations against AVB's tactics, yes they could be true but it could be the media doing what they do best, cowpooing. I'd love to see what Courtois is like with him pretty much saying hellogoodbye within minutes of each other. Also looking forward to seeing Lucas Piazon playing for us next year. Another one who people seem to have forgotten about is Kevin De Bruyne, what happens when he joins up with the team in july?

Players that need to go in my eyes are:

Florent Malouda: Can't recall the last time he looked eager to impress or interested in the game he was in.

Salomon Kalou: MIA. When IA, he's awful.

Jon Obi Mikel: Romeu, Ramires, Essien and Mereiles are all better than he is.

Paulo Ferreira: Just part of the furniture nowadays.

Jose Bosingwa: I'm sure there are better RB's in the world. I can think of 10 off the top of my head.

Torres (Perhaps): would like to see what he'll do without AVB around, if he's still bloody awful, flog him for probably around £15m in the summer.

Hilario: 4th in line to the throne that Cech so certainly sits on. Not needed with Courtois coming back. I do prefer him to Turnbull but Hilario's got a good 10 years on Turnbull.

Yossi Benayoun: Don't even know why we bought him.

Whats going to happen to:

Jeffrey Bruma, Patrick Van Aanholt, Josh McEachran, Romelu Lukaku and Gael Kakuta next season? Would love to see them all get chances but depending on the manager we get we could lose them. Bruma is on loan at Frank Arnesen's Hamburg and Lukaku has been on Arnesen's radar too. Does that mean we'll lose them? judging by the way we let Gokhan Tore and Michael Mancienne leave and lett Prosinek and Borini go to the Serie A, I think they'll go.[/quote']

I think Yossi may have been bought to help with Torres, but it didn't work, even still he's a decent player, PL standard.

I doubt you'll get rid of Lukaku so soon either, the potential is there for all to see.