• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Prepare to get smashed on Sunday :)
Chelsea played 120 minutes tonight' date=' so we've had a day extra preparation. Plus, we beat Brum 3-1 at home when Chelsea could only draw 1-1 therefore we're better than Chelsea.[/quote']
We'll still beat you on Sunday :)

So Jon? What was it you said again? :P

Chelsea will face the winners of the Spurs - Bolton tie in the FA Cup Semi-Final.

We were never going to win after going 2-0 down within 20 minutes. We put up a fight but you never really looked in danger. I'm disappointed that we didn't get within one goal to perhaps get you nervous, and I'm annoyed at two sloppy goals conceded straight from corners. Ah well, it was a good run and a good day out. Our fans were absolutely immense.

And what a goal from Marshall. Pure class, Cech just stood and watched.

So Jon? What was it you said again? :P

You would've lost by 6 ;)

Di Matteo may have a bit of a dilemma for Wednesday night, do you pick Drogba who seemingly always steps up in the big games and plays well, and if he plays like he did against Napoli the other day then Man City might have a job stopping him. Or does he play Torres after he got a couple of goals in the FA Cup and hope that this is the start of where he starts scoring again, because if he's left on the bench then his confidence will just drop down again and he'll be thinking what do I have to do kind of thing?!

Any opinions of what you think RDM will/should do?

Di Matteo may have a bit of a dilemma for Wednesday night' date=' do you pick Drogba who seemingly always steps up in the big games and plays well, and if he plays like he did against Napoli the other day then Man City might have a job stopping him. Or does he play Torres after he got a couple of goals in the FA Cup and hope that this is the start of where he starts scoring again, because if he's left on the bench then his confidence will just drop down again and he'll be thinking what do I have to do kind of thing?!

Any opinions of what you think RDM will/should do?[/quote']

4231 possibly?

Sturride - Droggie - Ramires

Torres

4231 possibly?

Sturride - Droggie - Ramires

Torres

So you'd drop Mata? That's a big call, i'd worry that our midfield would get dominated without him and that we'd struggle to keep possession.

It's a really tough call. If we play them together, it might not work and might leave us exposed whilst if we play just one of them it might dishearten the other.

I'd be tempted to say play them both and go for a diomond formation. Yes, it might leave us exposed, but it's vital that both players are in the right mind set and Studge hasn't been playing well.

Something like this perhaps...

----------Cech

Iva---Luiz---Terry---A.Cole

----------Essien

-----Ramires---Lampard

----------Mata

-----Torres--Drogba

So you'd drop Mata? That's a big call' date=' i'd worry that our midfield would get dominated without him and that we'd struggle to keep possession.

It's a really tough call. If we play them together, it might not work and might leave us exposed whilst if we play just one of them it might dishearten the other.

I'd be tempted to say play them both and go for a diomond formation. Yes, it might leave us exposed, but it's vital that both players are in the right mind set and Studge hasn't been playing well.

Something like this perhaps...

----------Cech

Iva---Luiz---Terry---A.Cole

----------Essien

-----Ramires---Lampard

----------Mata

-----Torres--Drogba[/quote']

I knew I forgot someone! :o I'd play Mata and Sturrridge out wide, with Rammy at CDM with Essien.

A diamond is a no go. No way man. Drogba and Torres alongside each other is a disaster. Maybe with Drogba deeper it might work, hence my suggestion, but not alongside one another.

I knew I forgot someone! :o I'd play Mata and Sturrridge out wide' date=' with Rammy at CDM with Essien.

A diamond is a no go. No way man. Drogba and Torres alongside each other is a disaster. Maybe with Drogba deeper it might work, hence my suggestion, but not alongside one another.[/quote']

So you'd drop Frank? Imo that'd be a very bad idea. I think we need to back the big players for the remainder of the season and get them on side. If we drop Frank, it could create unrest which is the last thing we need right now.

I really think it could work. When they've played together in the past we've played 4-3-3. This has resulted in one of them being pushed out wide which obviously doesn't suit them. If we play them both down the middle, I really think they could be deadly. Perhaps, as suggested by you we could play Drogba deeper, like a support striker, I recken that could work wonders.

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday dear Torres!

Happy Birthday to you!

Hip Hip' date=' hooray!

Hip Hip, hooray!

Hip Hip, hooray!

Hope those 2 goals were a great early gift![/quote']

If we're using British time, then his birthday isn't until tomorrow... :o.

Think you need Torres to start tomorrow. Try and build his confidence up a bit more after the 2 goals. He still looks pretty slow though.

Essien - Ramires

Sturridge - Lampard - Mata

Torres

I reckon RDM will play that team. Similar formation to City. And bring Drogba on in the second half to hold the ball up if you in the lead. Can see you conceding a few goals though without Terry.

COME ON LADS!!

Try and show some of the ability you once played so effortlessly with a few years back' date=' whilst combining it with the 'class and dignity' you had before Abramovich arrived.

You can do this ;-)

Believe:)[/quote']

Need em to lose, Don't know why u wan Chelsea to win as you've already got the title in the bag and ive said that all season ;).