Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Nah' date=' I think the Drog will tear chunks out of your defence. ;)[/quote']

I doubt they'll be in our half much with Song gobbling up every pass and World's best passer Fabregas spreading it to any one of our world class attackers. ;)

We owned them at the Bridge last time if I remember.

I doubt they'll be in our half much with Song gobbling up every pass and World's best passer Fabregas spreading it to any one of our world class attackers. ;)

Problem with Arsenal is their lightwieght. Essien, Ballack and Lampard I fancy more against Cesc, Diaby and Song.

Should be good game at the end of the month though, you guys at home, must win.

Problem with Arsenal is their lightwieght. Essien' date=' Ballack and Lampard I fancy more against Cesc, Diaby and Song.

Should be good game at the end of the month though, you guys at home, must win.[/quote']

I don't know about that, Lampard isn't exactly strong and Ballack has been useless this season IMO. Song has been amongst the top DMs in the world this season, and that really isn't an overreaction.

I don't know about that' date=' Lampard isn't exactly strong and Ballack has been useless this season IMO. Song has been amongst the top DMs in the world this season, and that really isn't an overreaction.[/quote']

But Arsenal are light weight, Man utd they should have won then crumble, Man city probably should have won got turned over, and West ham had it tied up but let 2 points slip.

But Arsenal are light weight' date=' Man utd they should have won then crumble, Man city probably should have won got turned over, and West ham had it tied up but let 2 points slip.[/quote']

Soemone bases their opinion on results. :rolleyes:

Arsenal are far from lightweight, they're inconsistent, but it's improving, we can beat Chelsea on our day no doubt about it.

A certain amount of it is self-belief as well. It'd be interesting to watch this Arsenal side 12 months ago compared to now, I'd expect them to look like a much more confident outfit than they did at the start of 07/08. I really think the Birmingham game did that unit a lot of damage, not just Eduardo's injury but the manner they lost the game and Gallas' hissy fit. Now you can see Fabregas emerging as a fantastic general and leader, as well as a sublime footballer, people like Arshavin have added a freshness and Gallas has a strong, dominant partner alongside him (who hasn't yet left a Senderos sized gap at exactly the wrong moment). Song adds the balance they've been craving, and they've got all the collective talent in the world. I genuinely think they could run Chelsea very close if they have the mentality.

Thats the big question though.

2-1 is owning a team? :rolleyes: WOW!

Remember at the Emirates last season? ;)

And you beat us cos we had Scolari at the helm.

2-1 is owning a team? :rolleyes: WOW!

Remember at the Emirates last season? ;)

And you beat us cos we had Scolari at the helm.

Silvestre and Gibbs manning the back at the Grove, not a superb combo of Vermaelen and Gallas.

The scoreline at Stamford Bridge flattered Chelsea as much as the 4-1 humbled Arsenal. Chelsea have shown that they are dreadful at defending set pieces, and now Arsenal are becomign deadlier with these, and I don't recall Scolari being on the pitch.

Silvestre and Gibbs manning the back at the Grove' date=' not a superb combo of Vermaelen and Gallas.

The scoreline at Stamford Bridge flattered Chelsea as much as the 4-1 humbled Arsenal. Chelsea have shown that they are dreadful at defending set pieces, and now Arsenal are becomign deadlier with these, and [b']I don't recall Scolari being on the pitch[/b].

I suppose managers play no part in a teams performance then.

I suppose managers play no part in a teams performance then.

They can affect the game, but if you're placing the blame solely at the manager's door then it's good that there aren't people like you in the footballign business, otherwise the Fergusons, the Wengers and the Mourinhos wouldn't have accomplished so much without being sacked.

Silvestre and Gibbs manning the back at the Grove' date=' not a superb combo of Vermaelen and Gallas.

The scoreline at Stamford Bridge flattered Chelsea as much as the 4-1 humbled Arsenal. [b']Chelsea have shown that they are dreadful at defending set pieces[/b], and now Arsenal are becomign deadlier with these, and I don't recall Scolari being on the pitch.

Are you serious, apart from the Villa game I don't recall us being bad at defending set plays.

Other news Cole injured again after further agrevating his leg injury.

Edit:Wait a minute, what happened to Mr "I'm leaving the forum for good":rolleyes:.

Are you serious' date=' apart from the Villa game I don't recall us being bad at defending set plays.

Other news Cole injured again after further agrevating his leg injury.[/quote']

Against Villa, Hull, Burnley and Wigan Chelsea were dominated in terms of set pieces, and if it wasn't for poor finishign there would have been punishment. Just because they don't concede all the time from them it doesn't mean that they're not poor at defending them.

Arsenal have conceded surprisingly little from them this season, but they can't defend them to save their lives, Fulham are in the same boat.

Edit:Wait a minute' date=' what happened to Mr "I'm leaving the forum for good":rolleyes:.[/quote']

We're pretty lowly aren't we? :o

It's sad little comments liek this that are all too common on SM atm, and why many esteemed members have left.

If you bothered to read my posts, which it appears you have done, you'd know that I can't be on for long due to other commitments, but I'll still feature here.

2 months of CEMEs and I'll be sweet.

:rolleyes: Very pathetic.

Against Villa' date=' Hull, Burnley and Wigan Chelsea were dominated in terms of set pieces, and if it wasn't for poor finishign there would have been punishment. Just because they don't concede all the time from them it doesn't mean that they're not poor at defending them.

Arsenal have conceded surprisingly little from them this season, but they can't defend them to save their lives, Fulham are in the same boat.[/quote']

I don't really get to watch many of the games tbh, I'm usually working and when I do watch I don't see any problems. Even yesterday we did not look like conceding from them. I'll have to review some footage then:cool:.

We're pretty lowly aren't we? :o

It's sad little comments liek this that are all too common on SM atm' date=' and why many esteemed members have left.

If you bothered to read my posts, which it appears you have done, you'd know that I can't be on for long due to other commitments, but I'll still feature here.

2 months of CEMEs and I'll be sweet.

:rolleyes: Very pathetic.[/quote']

Twas just a joke man, hence the rolleyes. I have read your posts after all I did wish you luck didn't I? You have been on here for an awful long time today as opposed to an hour though. Don't know why you're getting all worked up. it was merely sarcasm:rolleyes:

The ACON won't effect us at all. We have weak opposition and our ban has been suspended for January. As for Arsenal, Essien will shut down there midfield and your "great strikers" don't have a chance against the mighty John Terry. Your defense is weak and you have not won a big game this year, brag about scoring 4 goals a game against weak opposition all you want but when it comes down to it your just not ready.

Vermalen has been good but no way can he handle Drogba or Anelka, as for the midfield they'll easily get outmuscled by Chelsea despite all their technical ability. The main point of exploitation would be Cole's flank if we can't get Yuri fit by then but even then the only one who could cause Cole problems, Walcott is injured.

The ACON won't effect us at all. We have weak opposition and our ban has been suspended for January. As for Arsenal' date=' Essien will shut down there midfield and your "great strikers" don't have a chance against the mighty John Terry. Your defense is weak and you have not won a big game this year, brag about scoring 4 goals a game against weak opposition all you want but when it comes down to it your just not ready.[/quote']

John Terry is not the best defender in England, and isn't anything special atm, just pretty solid.

We'll see who's ready when the game comes, but I'm confident that Arsenal's pace can decide the game, Chelsea (and probably all other teams bar maybe United) can't match good counter attacking sides (which Arsenal are this season) as MOTD2 showed last night, Terry's positioning yesterday was woeful at times and with RvP and Shava going forward we can easily nick a few goals against a sluggish defense.

Looks like Arsenal fans are getting quite cocky tbh. And talking about last season we outclassed you in the CL semis and was fun to see the emirates half empty as well after we scored in the 2nd leg. Or if you want to talk about this season how Fulham should have beaten you 4-0 at the very least but you escaped with a win.

Looks like Arsenal fans are getting quite cocky tbh. And talking about last season we outclassed you in the CL semis and was fun to see the emirates half empty as well after we scored in the 2nd leg. Or if you want to talk about this season how Fulham should have beaten you 4-0 at the very least but you escaped with a win.

To be fair over the past 2/3 years Arsenal have been poor, been beaten often by teams like Hull, Bolton etc etc , and you don't get much more outclassed (Except our 1-4 at OT :D (sorry but its all we got left :( ) then when you met them in the CL, I mean it was only about 12 months ago Arsenal fans were calling for his head :eek:

I can see Chelsea winning the league, obviously Man Utd will chase them all the way but I think Chelsea will go on and win it.

As for the Arsenal game, I don't think Arsenal fans realise they won't be able to rip through Chelsea like they do other teams, this has proven to be the case over and over when they play this football against the "lesser" sides, but then Vs Man Utd, Chelsea and co they come unstuck more often than not.

Maybe this season will be different? we will have to wait and see but I reckon it will be Chelsea and Man Utd in the top 2.

To be fair over the past 2/3 years Arsenal have been poor' date=' been beaten often by teams like Hull, Bolton etc etc , and you don't get much more outclassed (Except our 1-4 at OT :D (sorry but its all we got left :( ) then when you met them in the CL, I mean it was only about 12 months ago Arsenal fans were calling for his head :eek:

I can see Chelsea winning the league, obviously Man Utd will chase them all the way but I think Chelsea will go on and win it.

As for the Arsenal game, I don't think Arsenal fans realise they won't be able to rip through Chelsea like they do other teams, this has proven to be the case over and over when they play this football against the "lesser" sides, but then Vs Man Utd, Chelsea and co they come unstuck more often than not.

Maybe this season will be different? we will have to wait and see but I reckon it will be Chelsea and Man Utd in the top 2.[/quote']

Also until Arsenal scored those 2 fortuitous own goals against Wolves they were poor and Wolves should have scored at least 1. Fulham battered them for the whole game but lost. They beat a poor Spurs side. Got beaten both times in manchester and haven't yet played Liverpool, Chelsea and Villa or even Sunderland for that matter. And @Spam you say Chelsea will miss Essien terribly and them describe Song as a world class DM(:rolleyes:). So Chelsea will miss Essien but you won't miss a world class Song;)

And yeah I agree Chelsea should win it easy really and I would gladly take a top 3 position this time considering how much City, Villa, Spurs are improving.

I shouldnt be seeing this but if wenger doesnt change the formation when we play chelsea i can see chelsea beating us 3-0 or 4-0 because a 4-4-2 diamond formation beats the hell out of a 4-3-3 and it gives alot of more space than any one would ever know..im not downgrading our players but if we were to change it would be a close game.

4-4-2 diamond formation beats the hell out of a 4-3-3

That may be the case on SM (I haven't managed a team for a while, so I don't know exactly how much better it is), but it's not that clear cut in real life. It's all about implementation. Adapting your tactics slightly will probably do you far more good than changing your entire formation just for one single game.

If when you lose the ball, the midfield 3 stay really narrow, and the wingers drop deep to make a 4-5-1/4-1-4-1, then the Chelsea midfield will be much less of a problem. Your DM can man-mark the Chelsea AM, and your other 4 then outnumber Chelsea's 3. Also, Chelsea's only threats from wide positions are the fullbacks, so if your own fullbacks are smart enough to play a bit narrower than usual, that suddenly leaves Drogba and Anelka with a lot less space to play in.

Then of course when you win the ball back, you have enough of a pace advantage to revert back to 4-3-3, hit Chelsea on the break, and play the numbers game against their defence... and maybe win the odd free-kick from the bullish nature of Essien and Terry.

Again, it's less simple in practice than on paper, and I do expect Chelsea to get the 3 points, but if Wenger is smart enough with his implementation of the tactics and strong enough with his discipline, Arsenal definately have the ability to surprise me.