• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

How in any way did you deserve a tie? You had one' date=' maybe two chances in the whole game.[/quote']

They deserved the draw, because you didn't deserve to win.. before your goal, you didn't done anything bar the shot of Mata to the post which, was preceded by an handball of Terry in your area.

RDM got it spot on. Fair play to him. Torres played well' date=' so did Ramires and Ferreira also had a good game, along with Mikel and the rest of the team as a collective.

CAREFREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE, WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC! ;)[/quote']

when i saw Ferreira in the team i thought, oh god here we go again :eek: but RDM pulled of a great result and the ris payed off. he deserves alot of credit soo far and utilising the squad brilliantly.

They deserved the draw' date=' because you didn't deserve to win.. before your goal, you didn't done anything bar the shot of Mata to the post which, [b']was preceded by an handball of Terry in your area.[/b]

It hit his hand, but he was like 2 yards away from him and his hand was going back by his waist. Also we were the away side, we didn't need to force the game, unlike Benfica. They couldn't get their football going because our midfield kept them at bay. Hope RDM becomes manager :D.

It hit his hand' date=' but he was like 2 yards away from him and his hand was going back by his waist. Also we were the away side, we didn't need to force the game, unlike Benfica. They couldn't get their football going because our midfield kept them at bay. Hope RDM becomes manager :D.[/quote']

Terry was a windmill, should of been a penalty, not really any excuses for it not being one

It hit his hand' date=' but he was like 2 yards away from him and his hand was going back by his waist. [/quote']

He was going to down the arms when the ball was going to pass through him.. what a coincidence.. :s Don't know anyone that normally walks with open arms, well, perhaps just..

tightrope-walker_thumb%25255B12%25255D.jpg

Also we were the away side' date=' we didn't need to force the game, unlike Benfica. They couldn't get their football going because our midfield kept them at bay. Hope RDM becomes manager :D.

[/quote']

As far as I know, that doesn't mean you deserve to win..

He was going to down the arms when the ball was going to pass through him.. what a coincidence.. :s Don't know anyone that normally walks with open arms' date=' well, perhaps just..

[img']http://lh3.ggpht.com/-0ourmns3kSM/Tz51a5dJxbI/AAAAAAAAAds/Yb8zhAQ0nPE/tightrope-walker_thumb%25255B12%25255D.jpg[/img]

As far as I know, that doesn't mean you deserve to win..

Never a penalty. Not one of the commentators thought if was either. Ball to hand, end of.

No, but the way we stopped Gaitan and Cardozo, held our own on defence and prevented Benfica from scoring :) that's Why we deserved to win :)

I'll be honest and say I don't want Robbie to be our permanent manager. In my view, he's another Avram Grant, just a little better, Grant v2 if you may. There's no denying he's a good manager, a la WBA + MK Dons, but no. The side, like Grant, is being run by JT. The team selections may be Robbie's, but tactically that's the not the case. Also, the lads call him by his nickname. How many managers are pronounced by their first name/nickname by the players? Very few. Well, at least not the strict/accomplished ones, ie; SAF, Wenger. He's going to be a good manager and I'm extremely gald he's come in and stabilised the dressing room and passed on his past experiences as a pro, but I think we need a manager who isn't afraid to cut the cull of the squad. Robbie strikes me as a soft touch manager, he's not one to overly criticise, nothing wrong with that, but he doesn't seem like a character who can make big squad decisions. I personally, don't know who I want (well, Jose, but that won't happen), but I definitely don't want Di Matteo. It'd be just like Grant's rein all over again.

Even if he wins the FA Cup, gets us fourth spot and wins us the Champions League, it won't convince me. The squad needs to be changed and he's not the man for the job, just yet. Hopefully in the future.

I'll be honest and say I don't want Robbie to be our permanent manager. In my view' date=' he's another Avram Grant, just a little better, Grant v2 if you may. There's no denying he's a good manager, a la WBA + MK Dons, but no. The side, like Grant, is being run by JT. The team selections may be Robbie's, but tactically that's the not the case. Also, the lads call him by his nickname. How many managers are pronounced by their first name/nickname by the players? Very few. Well, at least not the strict/accomplished ones, ie; SAF, Wenger. He's going to be a good manager and I'm extremely gald he's come in and stabilised the dressing room and passed on his past experiences as a pro, but I think we need a manager who isn't afraid to cut the cull of the squad. Robbie strikes me as a soft touch manager, he's not one to overly criticise, nothing wrong with that, but he doesn't seem like a character who can make big squad decisions. I personally, don't know who I want (well, Jose, but that won't happen), but I definitely don't want Di Matteo. It'd be just like Grant's rein all over again.

Even if he wins the FA Cup, gets us fourth spot and wins us the Champions League, it won't convince me. The squad needs to be changed and he's not the man for the job, just yet. Hopefully in the future.[/quote']

Cool story bro, needs more Genk :D

I'll be honest and say I don't want Robbie to be our permanent manager. In my view' date=' he's another Avram Grant, just a little better, Grant v2 if you may. There's no denying he's a good manager, a la WBA + MK Dons, but no. The side, like Grant, is being run by JT. The team selections may be Robbie's, but tactically that's the not the case. Also, the lads call him by his nickname. How many managers are pronounced by their first name/nickname by the players? Very few. Well, at least not the strict/accomplished ones, ie; SAF, Wenger. He's going to be a good manager and I'm extremely gald he's come in and stabilised the dressing room and passed on his past experiences as a pro, but I think we need a manager who isn't afraid to cut the cull of the squad. Robbie strikes me as a soft touch manager, he's not one to overly criticise, nothing wrong with that, but he doesn't seem like a character who can make big squad decisions. I personally, don't know who I want (well, Jose, but that won't happen), but I definitely don't want Di Matteo. It'd be just like Grant's rein all over again.

Even if he wins the FA Cup, gets us fourth spot and wins us the Champions League, it won't convince me. The squad needs to be changed and he's not the man for the job, just yet. Hopefully in the future.[/quote']

Have to say, I 100% agree with you mate.

Imo it would be just hireing another AVB. Maybe in 10 years or something, yeah, I'd love to have him back, but if he went through a rough patch he would get hounded and the players would point the finger.

We need, imo, An older manager who knows the EPL. Morinho, Benitez or, my personal choices, Hodgson or Pardew :)

I'll be honest and say I don't want Robbie to be our permanent manager. In my view' date=' he's another Avram Grant, just a little better, Grant v2 if you may. There's no denying he's a good manager, a la WBA + MK Dons, but no. The side, like Grant, is being run by JT. The team selections may be Robbie's,[b'] but tactically that's the not the case.[/b] Also, the lads call him by his nickname. How many managers are pronounced by their first name/nickname by the players? Very few. Well, at least not the strict/accomplished ones, ie; SAF, Wenger. He's going to be a good manager and I'm extremely gald he's come in and stabilised the dressing room and passed on his past experiences as a pro, but I think we need a manager who isn't afraid to cut the cull of the squad. Robbie strikes me as a soft touch manager, he's not one to overly criticise, nothing wrong with that, but he doesn't seem like a character who can make big squad decisions. I personally, don't know who I want (well, Jose, but that won't happen), but I definitely don't want Di Matteo. It'd be just like Grant's rein all over again.

Even if he wins the FA Cup, gets us fourth spot and wins us the Champions League, it won't convince me. The squad needs to be changed and he's not the man for the job, just yet. Hopefully in the future.

1) What basis do you have for that? Terry wouldn't know enough about tactics to influence Di Matteo much.

2) Really petty. Aren't most of the old guard still on first name terms with

Mourinho? Respect or affection are the two best motivators, followed by fear.

3) Agin, I don't think he would be afraid to do it. It could be a condition of becoming manager that he overhauls a bit.

I personally would like Di Matteo to be manager, maybe with a director of football. He is Italian so he probably wouldn't mind that. I think the whole soft touch thing is carefully designed to get the best out of the players whose morale was very low.

Never a penalty. Not one of the commentators thought if was either. Ball to hand' date=' end of.[/b']

No, but the way we stopped Gaitan and Cardozo, held our own on defence and prevented Benfica from scoring :) that's Why we deserved to win :)

wait, what was your favorite team again.

as for the commentators, mine said it was a sure penalty. doesnt matter though, just saying different commentators, different comments

wait' date=' what was your favorite team again.

as for the commentators, mine said it was a sure penalty. doesnt matter though, just saying different commentators, different comments[/quote']

My favourite team is irrelevant, if it was given then it would have been incredibly harsh, Terry didn't have time to move his hands, so it can't be said to be handball. I'm not being biased here, I'm using common sense

Never a penalty. Not one of the commentators thought if was either. Ball to hand' date=' end of.

No, but the way we stopped Gaitan and Cardozo, held our own on defence and prevented Benfica from scoring :) that's Why we deserved to win :)[/quote']

Maybe not in the channel station you saw the game.. but, since when what commentators say is 100% reliable? :s if the handball was outside the area, it would be a freekick, as it was inside, the ref didn't had balls to award it.

Prevent the oponnent to score means that you deserve to win? :confused: I think to win you need to do anything to score.. Well, I guess Benfica at Stamford Bridge will put the plane in front of goal and that will prevent you to score.. :o

braucieno' date=' just go back to the kids play yard aka the 'Arsenal' thread. It wasn't a penalty. As Mr T would say, use some common sense you fool[/quote']

thats intelligent on you. i understand though, must be awfully hard not to be in top4. keep on winning those Leicesters, maybe with some wins under the belt youll be able to discuss elements of a game without calling someone a fool..seems im playing with kids right here, why would i leave

Maybe not in the channel station you saw the game.. but' date=' since when what commentators say is 100% reliable? :s if the handball was outside the area, it would be a freekick, as it was inside, the ref didn't had [i']balls[/i] to award it.

Prevent the oponnent to score means that you deserve to win? :confused: I think to win you need to do anything to score.. Well, I guess Benfica at Stamford Bridge will put the plane in front of goal and that will prevent you to score.. :o

Considering there were 4, all of whom had time to look over countless replays, not to mention they all have had previous affiliation with football, Id like to think they'd know what they were talking about.

I never said they were the only reasons. But we prevented Benfica from scoring at home. Something no team in 65 attempts managed. Not to mention we kept your attackers quiet most of the game, and we controlled a lot of the play ...:o

thats intelligent on you. i understand though' date=' must be awfully hard not to be in top4[/quote']

Not really as I'm fairly confident Chelsea will get a CL place. Must be awfully hard on you by Arsenal not being in the CL as you're nickpicking on things which weren't offendable. That's what kids do, which explains why the average age of an Arsenal fan who posts of the Arsenal thread is 10.

I'm pretty sure if a similar incident happened to a Arsenal player, you'd obviously say it wasn't a penalty. So why not with the other team (in this case Chelsea)? Jelous much? Envy much?

keep on winning those Leicesters, maybe with some wins under the belt youll be able to discuss elements of a game without calling someone a fool..seems im playing with kids right here, why would i leave

Just saw your edit. Actually we have wins under of belt. Eh? You are a fool though, you didn't use common sense and you said a childish comment to Kyle in 'wait, what was your favorite team again.'. No you're not, you're the kid. Because Infernito needs another kiddo on the Arsenal thread. :)

Btw, how's CL football going for you lot.....oops.

Considering there were 4' date=' all of whom had time to look over countless replays, not to mention they all have had previous affiliation with football, Id like to think they'd know what they were talking about.

I never said they were the only reasons. But we prevented Benfica from scoring at home. Something no team in 65 attempts managed. Not to mention we kept your attackers quiet most of the game, and we controlled a lot of the play ...:o[/quote']

I give up. Nice talking btw...