Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Official Chelsea FC Thread

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Abramovich is such an interfering....Russian :D He was responsible for Mourinho leaving' date=' one of the greatest managers in their history.

Arshavin - Wouldnt fit into the Chelsea squad

Zhirkov - Wouldnt fit in LM and wouldnt be that good at LB.

Akinfeev - Already have a world class keeper

Pavlyuchenko - Chelsea only play one up front - Drogba - and Pavlyuchenko wouldnt knock him from his perch.[/quote']

I don't agree....

Arshavin - Would fit as Scolari is bound to change the way that Chelsea play, he liked having 3-4 attacking midfielders on the pitch at the same time....

Zhirkov - is better than Malouda, who played a fair amount of games on the left for Chelsea last season, and would probably start ahead of SWP...Meaning J. Cole on the right and maybe Zirkov on the left?

Akinfeev - I agree with that one

Pavlychenko - Is Drogba staying? If not then Pavlychenko would be a decent replacement....And again, who knows what style Scolari will play.....Although, yes, he has always played one up front for Portugal so I doubt that will change, it all hinges on Drogba staying...

Chelsea 4-0 Portsmouth

Chelsea where awesome today both full backs getting forward,and they moved the ball quickly with style and brilliant movement,good debut for Deco but I thought it was Lampard and Mikel to ticked Chelsea from the start,with quick and accurate passes..

Chelsea 4-0 Portsmouth

Chelsea where awesome today both full backs getting forward' date='and they moved the ball quickly with style and brilliant movement,good debut for Deco but I thought it was Lampard and Mikel to ticked Chelsea from the start,with quick and accurate passes..[/quote']

I agree completely from what i sore today chelsea hav picked up a class act in Deco and for only 8 mill wot a steal, plus wiv the Drog and Essien to come back hav a great chance to win the league and europe.

Man u on the other hand looked very poor today and against a Newcastle side that got thumped last time 6-0, that never looked like happening 2day. and imo were on equal par wiv them if not just higher but i wont go over the top just yet. Also i think chelsea definitly played a better team defensively today but still scored 4 goals.

Lastly i really do think it was a gd idea to keep ronaldo as i expect most man u fans will be praying for his return. ( but not too soon aye).

I'm a fan of Chelsea from '98 when Dan Petrescu, Zola, Flo and many other good players played for this team. In last years Chelsea become one of the biggeste club in the world :D I hope they will maintain this :)

Unlucky uve jus lost essien for the season. is that the title gone already....?

For what i have read on sky sports it says he is going to be out for 6 months (which is a very long time). Good news for us manu fans ;). But i don't think this injury alone will cost u guys the title. Yes it is a big blow but i think u guys will be able to handle it. IMO your season is dfo not over. ;). U guys have loads of quality player (well, none of them can fill in for Essien but.....). With Big Phil is at the helm and he is capable of getting the title even without Essien. ;)

I am a bit curious' date=' why does Scolari keep starting Anelka. They guy is utter **** and in the mean time Kalou rides the bench.[/quote']

Kalou is seen more as a winger/forward i assume. His role is more similar to malouda and joe cole whereas anelka is an out and out striker.

drogba will be back on the line up next week, i'm sure.

cheers

Kalou is seen more as a winger/forward i assume. His role is more similar to malouda and joe cole whereas anelka is an out and out striker.

drogba will be back on the line up next week' date=' i'm sure.

cheers[/quote']

Agree with you and Brendan. Drogba in the last part of the game looked more threatening than Anelka and he played the whole match. A striker, that doesn't score.

This thread does not seem to be to active, being a dedicated forum troll and a Chelsea supporter I will change all that.

To start things off, what do you think are the main reason's for Chelsea's slump in form recently and what do you think was the turning point of the season? (Mind you I know the season isn't over yet but things have changed quite a bit and I am curious to know what you guys think the cause was)

I will start it off, I think having Drogba on the field and in some respects the team is counter productive. The man is an amazing player and has done great things for Chelsea in the past but this season he just isn't there. The few times he has been healthy enough to play this season he just doesn't seem to have the heart or determination he has had in the past, he just does not want to be there.

Also, Scolari's inability to rotate the squad and his reluctance to make tactical changes is hurting the side. When we are on we are on, but when plan A does not work everything just falls apart, we have no back up.

I think the turning point of the season was losing at home to Liverpool, we have not played the same since.

There we go, stuff to read/criticize/respond to. There have to be more Chelsea supporters on this forum, lets get this thread going.

Was hoping no one would notice that. Guess it is hard to hide in a three page thread :D . At the time Anelka was pure trash, he Shevchenko'd every shot and Kalou was looking far more promising. Although Anelka is the top goal scorer if you take a look at his goals none of them are true strikes, they are all scored within 10 yards and most are just sprints and taping it past the keeper. I love the numbers he puts up but I am still not convinced the guy is class.

Now, since your on. Chip your 2 cents in, I got a few hours before I have to go watch the match and I have nothing better to do then read threads on here, I want to hear what you have to say.

Brendan, to be honest im baffled by Chelsea.

You started the season great, nice football, team unity, everything about last season was forgotten ( boring football, fugly manager :D , defeat in EPL and CL ) all gone.

I for one was certain you would win the league , as certain as you can be anyways. I dont know where it changed, or how. But things have seriously gone wrong, it started with small results here and there, and now your on a real shocker. I wouldnt be to worried, things will turn, a team with quality like yourself always will but you need to buck your ideas up and im seriously doubting Scolaris credentials as a club manager in the EPL.

My take on things is that Scolari doesn't know how to resolve the apparent disharmony amongst the players (at least that's the way it appears on the outside). If you look at all the sides Scolari has managed in the past, be it club or national sides, there has always been a sense of harmony, toretherness and "we'll give all for the cause" spirit. That doesn't seem to be the case in Chelsea right now and he's baffled how to resolve this. Too many big names around and dare I say it, a few with personal agendas currently.

In a way it doesn't help that success came so quickly under Mourinho because the expectations have been lifted so much. But then again, on paper at least, I still thing Chelsea have the strongest sqaud when everyone is fit in the EPL :eek: . Talking about Mourinho, his spectre still hangs over the club and this constant linking of the likes of Drogba, Lampard, Deco, Carvalho etc. moving to Inter isn't helping either. Like Adam, I thought in the early weeks Chelsea would steamroller there way to the title and they were scoring for fun in the early weeks. But it's clear that giving Deco the freedom of the park is no longer working as it was in the early fixtures. Premier league teams all in all are more astute and quicker to work out how to counter formations and sides, due to all the advances in the technology and a greater reliance on pre-match preparation and analysis of your opponents. Hence teams need to be able to adapt their formations slickly and efficiently and perhaps this is where Chelsea have gone wrong recently :confused: . I feel a change of plan and perhaps going back to the tradition 4-4-2 is now the way forward for Chelsea - at least until they get their form back :) .

I agree with both of you. At the start of the season I was amazed at how well we were doing. At the time there was not a team in England that was playing at the caliber we were. As much as I would like to think that Scolari is a great manager I just don't think he is fit to steer a top flight English side. His plans are not working and he seems so reluctant to change them, and some of his adjustments just seem foolish.

It was not to long ago that Joe Cole was complaining about not getting to play a full 90, the very next game he was pulled in the second half. As a manager you can't allow a player to control what you do but Joe Cole is pure class and one of the best in his position in the world, it makes no sense not to let him have a full 90. Starting Maluda every time he is fit seems to be a mistake as well, the man has not put in a solid performance all season yet he still finds his way into the starting 11 when there are much better choices riding the bench. The same can be said about Deco, who has been trash since the third game of the season. I am willing to give Scolari time to adjust to the league and familiarize himself with the side, but he should start sending his resume out to other clubs. I can't seem him keeping his job with the current form the squad is having.

Whats with Phil Scolari transfer-listing EVERYONE!

How can he expect the performance to improve if the players know they could be gone by next Saturday. I admired Big Phil but I think he's lost the plot. And then to compound things, offers Anelka to Man City in exchange for Robinho. Man City won't even consider that deal.

When Sheikh Mansour said when he took over that he would buy the likes of Terry, Lampard etc everyone thought he was mad, but now it has become reality. Man City could pay mega-bucks for Terry to shore up defence, and Lampard would eba perfect replacement for Elano.

Btw Im not a Man City fan, Im a Preston fan! :D