Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Torres: I wasn't allowed to take penalty

Fernando Torres claims he volunteered to take a penalty in the shootout against Bayern Munich, but was told he would not be sent forward.

Chelsea won the Champions League on penalties against Bayern on Saturday after the game finished locked at 1-1 following 120 minutes of action.

Juan Mata, Frank Lampard, David Luiz, Ashley Cole and Didier Drogba were the players who took spot-kicks for the Blues, with only Mata failing to find the back of the net.

In the period between the end of extra time and the start of the penalty kicks, Torres seemed to be unhappy with something that interim Blues boss Roberto Di Matteo said to him.

And Torres, a £50 million signing from Liverpool in January 2011, said to guillembalague.com: "I wanted to take a penalty but they didn't let me."

Oh Torres..just comeback to Liverpool,will you.

The poor boy?

Told the Liverpool fans he was happy and wasn't leaving' date=' Chelsea came a calling and he forced the move, then had the big club jibe.

The guys a loser hope he goes back to Spain[/quote']

I also believe he had "You'll never walk alone" in the inside of his Atletico captain's armband

I also believe he had "You'll never walk alone" in the inside of his Atletico captain's armband

Yes he did, he seemed adamant to join us, but the way he departed still leaves a sour taste in many of the Liverpool fans mouths. I know LFC fans who would want him back but he isn't worth it.

If you did end up selling him it'd surely be at a massive loss. He's scored just 7 league goals since joining Chelsea and has has two barren seasons (despite perking up a bit lately).

It'd take a very rich and stupid club to bid even half what you paid for him (waits for City to prepare bid... :o:p). PSG I reckon...

If you did end up selling him it'd surely be at a massive loss. He's scored just 7 league goals since joining Chelsea and has has two barren seasons (despite perking up a bit lately).

It'd take a very rich and stupid club to bid even half what you paid for him (waits for City to prepare bid... :o:p). PSG I reckon...

Malaga would be my guess

I reckon Malaga would pay £30 mil if we pretended we didn't have to sell him.

Regarding the Lukaku thing, that really is atrocious. Villas Boas was, in hindsight an terrible appointment, he clearly made enemies with everyone very quickly.

Any news on Hazard today?

Yes he did' date=' he seemed adamant to join us, but the way he departed still leaves a sour taste in many of the Liverpool fans mouths. I know LFC fans who would want him back but he isn't worth it.[/quote']

If he is available for 10m,it is no brainier!:rolleyes:

Yes it would still be no :eek:

Do you really think Chelsea will make a 40 Million loss and sell him back to the club they bought him from?

I don't know.

But Chelsea is already known for their bad transfer recoup. (either sell less or just released the player). Sheva spring to mind. :D

Didier Drogba has revealed he intends to leave UEFA Champions League winners Chelsea, according to reports in France.

The 34-year-old, who scored a late equaliser and the decisive penalty in the shoot-out win over Bayern Munich on Saturday, is reported to have told team-mates his decision during Sunday's trophy parade.

Members of the triumphant Blues squad chanted for Drogba to stay in front of his adoring fans but the Ivory Coast international appears to have decided his eight-year spell at Stamford Bridge is up.

"We will not be together next season," Drogba told France Football magazine.

"As I have decided to leave, I wanted to tell them (my team-mates) straight to their faces.

"Except that I could not do it. They made me break down.

"Even though it's been three years since I said I wanted to leave, I found it hard to admit that it was finished with me and the club.

"But I don't envisage sitting on the bench watching others play at a time when the club is looking at putting together a new team.

"So there we go, I am readying myself for a great leap into the unknown. It will be another adventure."

Drogba has been linked with a lucrative move to Chinese side Shanghai Shenhuan, where his former Chelsea team-mate Nicolas Anelka is now a player-coach.

:(

If it's true, then thanks for the wonderful 8 years Didier.

Is there any word on Di Matteo keeping the job on a full time basis next season? And would any Chelsea fan want him out in the possibility of snagging a big name manager' date=' of which there are few if any around.[/quote']

Abramovich can't exactly turn round and sack him in my opinion.

He has sacked half a dozen managers for failing to win the Champions League, so when one does win it, it would be harsh to sack him just because he wasn't a 'big name'.

With Drogba announcing he's leaving, Nando will be the main man next season and not feel like Drogba is lerking over his shoulder, I'm backing him to do well next season.

As for Drogba, thanks for the memories big Drog. One of my favourite players of all time, and you delivered me one of the best moments of my life on saturday. LEGEND!

We salute you and we will miss you. Just hope this isn't a goodbye forever, you need to come back!

DidierDrogba1_1512455a.jpg

lucas moura

73140006.png

I've like Lucas for a while but i'm unsure about him... I rate him as a great player but isn't he more of an attacking midfielder? Obviously I don't watch him every week so I could be wrong but i'm just not sure he's the winger we need.

I recken Hazard would be the better option, a week ago, it looked like he was going to Man City but now things seem to have changed... he's a great player and imo, exactly what we need.

I expect Didier to go and he goes with my blessing. One of the main reasons I wanted him to stay last summer was so that he could score 100 premier league goals. I also wanted him to win the CL but it seemed rather unlikely... now he's accomplished both these feats I think it's the perfect time to say good bye to him. Outstanding player... i'll never forget him. So many great memories :).

These are really exciting times for us... can't wait to see our team next season. De Bruyne was a great signing. He'll serve as a back up to Mata but will also be useful when we're trying to break teams down. He's a great crosser too.