Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

That was sheer class what i saw :) cheeky lets have nothing to argue about cause i am in a great mood after that win and want to celebrate with my fellow Chelsea fan :)

I agree chap. You must celebrate these victories as they only come against the 'little' sides;)

We will reconvene our "RDM is tactically inept" discussion after your impending defeat at the Emirates on Sunday:p

Was going to come back with a cocky retort about us being able to beat and play well against the 'big' teams - however after we 'did a Chelsea' on sunday I think I will merely reply with a 'Touche':o;)

Haha :P, I don't mind United fans saying it that much, it's just ironic when the Tottenham fans say we're a team who always 'parks the bus' when Mou created that expression when we played Spurs.

Haha :P' date=' I don't mind United fans saying it that much, it's just ironic when the Tottenham fans say we're a team who always 'parks the bus' when Mou created that expression when we played Spurs.[/quote']

Fair point.

However in the Boas lovers defence, their team then was pretty poor in comparison to yours.

Cannot understand teams who 'park the bus' against players of a similar quality though.

Fair point.

However in the Boas lovers defence' date=' their team then was pretty poor in comparison to yours.

Cannot understand teams who 'park the bus' against players of a [i']similar[/i]

quality though.

Yeah... I agree. I actually watched about 10 minutes of an old Chelsea game whilst I was waiting for a match to start. We really did look invincible back then. The way we played was like an all conquering force of nature. Every time we got the ball we looked like we would score, and whenever one of the Reading players got the ball and made a break for it, he was swarmed and quickly lost the ball. The only player who didn't look dominant was actually Drogba, who looked like a bit of a misfit on the field. Every time he got the ball, he lost it. However like all great players, despite playing terribly he then scored a great goal from a corner.

I think this was Mou's first season in charge.

I watched the game last night, there was a link for a stream from Chelsea TV. Lots more positives to come out of the game than just a 6-0 win. Romeu and Moses with their first goals. Torres scored. Marin featured for a little while and helped in setting up Moses. Mata's goal was top quality, something Spain would be proud of, oh and Bertrand scored as well. So it's all good. :)

I agree chap. You must celebrate these victories as they only come against the 'little' sides;)

We will reconvene our "RDM is tactically inept" discussion after your impending defeat at the Emirates on Sunday:p

Looking forward to Sunday, looking forward to restarting the 'Cheeky is wrong again' discussion ;).

I watched the game last night' date=' there was a link for a stream from Chelsea TV. Lots more positives to come out of the game than just a 6-0 win. Romeu and Moses with their first goals. Torres scored. Marin featured for a little while and helped in setting up Moses. Mata's goal was top quality, something Spain would be proud of, oh and Bertrand scored as well. So it's all good. :)[/quote']

You watched the game :eek:, who was showing it, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Yeah... I agree. I actually watched about 10 minutes of an old Chelsea game whilst I was waiting for a match to start. We really did look invincible back then. The way we played was like an all conquering force of nature. Every time we got the ball we looked like we would score' date=' and whenever one of the Reading players got the ball and made a break for it, he was swarmed and quickly lost the ball. The only player who didn't look dominant was actually Drogba, who looked like a bit of a misfit on the field. Every time he got the ball, he lost it. However like all great players, despite playing terribly he then scored a great goal from a corner.

I think this was Mou's first season in charge.[/quote']

That is what I mean when I am slating RDM at present.

Mou was a tactical genius, and it got to a stage where folk who disliked Chelsea celebrated them merely conceding a goal, as much as they did when their own team WON.

That Chelsea was one of the most 'complete' teams (teams who could go on 10-15 games winning runs) along with the Arsenal invincibles and recently Barca.

The only competent manager you have had since Mou was Gus. RDM just seems a million miles away from the levels of those 2 and it shows when you play quality of a similar level.

That is what I mean when I am slating RDM at present.

Mou was a tactical genius' date=' and it got to a stage where folk who disliked Chelsea celebrated them merely conceding a goal, as much as they did when their own team WON.

That Chelsea was one of the most 'complete' teams (teams who could go on 10-15 games winning runs) along with the Arsenal invincibles and recently Barca.

The only competent manager you have had since Mou was Gus. RDM just seems a million miles away from the levels of those 2 and it shows when you play quality of a similar level.[/quote']

I agree, RDM isn't anywhere near the level of Mou and Hiddink. That doesn't make him a bad manager though. He's able to get players, playing for him, which is a very underrated skill.

I don't know if RDM will last beyond the summer, Roman may want a high profile manager like Pep or perhaps Bielsa (who I rate highly). But we've had 'world class' managers before and they've been found out to be seriously over rated. AVB had terrible man management skills and was a coward, Ancelotti had no 'plan B' and struggled to adapt when things weren't going well, Scolari was well... a disaster, so many things went wrong... and Grant was basically an interim.

I agree' date=' RDM isn't anywhere near the level of Mou and Hiddink. That doesn't make him a bad manager though. He's able to get players, playing for him, which is a very underrated skill.

I don't know if RDM will last beyond the summer, Roman may want a high profile manager like Pep or perhaps Bielsa (who I rate highly). But we've had 'world class' managers before and they've been found out to be seriously over rated. AVB had terrible man management skills and was a coward, Ancelotti had no 'plan B' and struggled to adapt when things weren't going well, Scolari was well... a disaster, so many things went wrong... and Grant was basically an interim.[/quote']

Fair comments.

Although I would argue that out of Scolari, Ancelotti, Grant and AVB, only Ancelotti was 'world class'. Whilst I admit he had no plan B his plan A was pretty awesome.

I do think that an arrangement with Pep will be made in the new year, unless performances under RDM take a turn for the better.

Fair comments.

Although I would argue that out of Scolari' date=' Ancelotti, Grant and AVB, only Ancelotti was 'world class'. Whilst I admit he had no plan B his plan A was pretty awesome.

I do think that an arrangement with Pep will be made in the new year, [b']unless performances under RDM take a turn for the better[/b].

We're unbeaten in the league and drew to Juventus in the Champions League and we're moe than safely through in the League cup. At least wait until things actually go wrong before slating the man.

We're unbeaten in the league and drew to Juventus in the Champions League and we're moe than safely through in the League cup. At least wait until things actually go wrong before slating the man.

I think most Chelsea fans are aware of the following:

You have had the easiest of starts (opposition-wise) in the PL so far.

When you meet superior or equal opposition you are comprehensively outplayed, beaten or both. Usually the former although the latter has also been present this season.

Atletico, City and Juve are the only teams who one would class as 'on par' with Chelsea and you have 0 wins and 1 draw.

You have already 'lost' two chances of Trophies this season, comfortably beaten in both games.

You are wide open in defence.

He has a poor record in the league in terms of results since he became manager.

Tbh, I think that the key games in the next month (Arsenal away, Spurs Away and Utd at home) will seal his fate.

I think most Chelsea fans are aware of the following:

You have had the easiest of starts (opposition-wise) in the PL so far.

When you meet superior or equal opposition you are comprehensively outplayed' date=' beaten or both. Usually the former although the latter has also been present this season.

Atletico, City and Juve are the only teams who one would class as 'on par' with Chelsea and you have 0 wins and 1 draw.

You have already 'lost' two chances of Trophies this season, comfortably beaten in both games.

You are wide open in defence.

[b']He has a poor record in the league in terms of results since he became manager.

[/b]

Tbh, I think that the key games in the next month (Arsenal away, Spurs Away and Utd at home) will seal his fate.

Judge him on this season, last season he was busy with something else and the team was much worse than it is now.

We've had a good start to the season. You can try and slice it any way you want but we're unbeaten in all but glorified friendlies. 13 points and 4 clean sheets out of 5 and there are no easy games in the PL.

Criticize Di Matteo if he messes up in those upcoming games. To do so now is splitting hairs.

Judge him on this season' date=' last season he was busy with something else and the team was much worse than it is now.

We've had a good start to the season. You can try and slice it any way you want but we're unbeaten in all but glorified friendlies. 13 points and 4 clean sheets out of 5 and there are no easy games in the PL.

Criticize Di Matteo if he messes up in those upcoming games. To do so now is splitting hairs.[/quote']

First off - there are much easier games in the PL if you are a 'big' club - and one would argue that Wigan, Reading, Newcastle, QPR and Stoke would come under that bracket. Not saying that it isn't possible to drop points against them rarely, however any Top 4 club should be looking at 13 out of 15 from that run.

You have had the start that one would have expected in the league - however in the 3 games you have played against 'good' opposition you have been beaten, annihilated and drew one which could have easily been a defeat.

Just saying that until RDM gets Chelsea playing against these teams in a manner where they are not being consistently outplayed, whilst praying for a slice of luck, then there will still be question marks about his tactical ability.

Fair comments.

Although I would argue that out of Scolari' date=' Ancelotti, Grant and AVB, only Ancelotti was 'world class'. Whilst I admit he had no plan B his plan A was pretty awesome.

I do think that an arrangement with Pep will be made in the new year, unless performances under RDM take a turn for the better.[/quote']

Yeah, Carlo's Plan A was great and we played some incredible football. Whilst obviously that's important, the best managers can adapt which Carlo struggled with.

Our performances have been fine. 13/15 points is a great start, obviously Arsenal away is going to be difficult, but to criticise our performances so far is just silly.