Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

it was nothing pointed towards anyone . . . But i felt that the i cnt see a guy truely supporting the club! Supporting is all about backing the club . . . You are over-reacting to a post meant to just raise spirit and lighten up the mood . . . And if you feel it was sumthng bad then i am sorry

I know fella!

Supporting is about backing your club I just find the fact some fans gloss over cracks and faults a little cringe worthy. Surely its ok to acknowledge a poor performance but be happy with the win ?

I know it wasnt anything bad, i explained what i meant above. :o

I know fella!

Supporting is about backing your club I just find the fact some fans gloss over cracks and faults a little cringe worthy. Surely its ok to acknowledge a poor performance but be happy with the win ?

I know it wasnt anything bad' date=' i explained what i meant above. :o[/quote']

It was really a poor performance though. Everton were unbeaten at home this season so it was hardly all gonna go our way.

No you didnt.

Looks like I just schooled someone and thats the best response they could think of. :confused:

Do you not like people questioning franks contribution ... awww:o

How anybody can question Frank's contribuition is beyond me.

For year upon year the guy has consistantly produced at the top top level week in week out.

What other midfielder has nearly every single year hit 15+ goals from midfield??

Not to mention he has many other qualities and you simply dont replace that know-how, ability to ghost into the box, goal-scoring midfield prowess and his influence over the side.

Yes he is getting older but he has been a true professional and kept himself in great shape, he has hardly ever been injured and his performances whenever he has played have always been of a high standard.

yes he aint going to play 50+ games every season but he is well capable of being a 30-35 game in all comps a season man and his contribution not only onthe field but within the dressing room cannot be underestimated.

He is more than capable of being like a Giggs/scholes figure with ease.

This is not a case of being wise fter today but a simple reflection on the barmy situation we have entered. Chelsea would be bonkers to let him leave absolutely bonkers.

We have to tie down Frank, but I'm concerned it won't happen. We need the bloke, he's a top class performer and he's massive in the dressing room. He's a club legend aswell, I want him to retire in the jersey. He's obviously done his fair share to earn that big money move to America/China, but he's not in it for the money, he genuinely wants to stay.

I'll be honest and say I wouldn't be too down if Cole left, he's a top quality left back, but he's such an indulgent player.

We have to tie down Frank' date=' but I'm concerned it won't happen. We need the bloke, he's a top class performer and he's massive in the dressing room. He's a club legend aswell, I want him to retire in the jersey. [b']He's obviously done his fair share to earn that big money move to America/China, but he's not in it for the money,[/b] he genuinely wants to stay.

I'll be honest and say I wouldn't be too down if Cole left, he's a top quality left back, but he's such an indulgent player.

So he's willining to take a massive pay cut to warm the bench is he while giving sage advice in the dressing room? Might be best to move him into coaching..

Lampard has done his bit-and I am not sure having hungry young players sitting on the bench so Lampard can be indulged can be seen as good for the club.

Also wasn't Lampard one of the players who caused Boas his job

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2110222/Andre-Villas-Boas-sacked--Roman-Abramovich-blames-players.html

and was subsequently told a cull would happen?

Is this true from a reliable source?- It seems they are trying to reduce the age of the squad and wages to meet UEFA fair play -so that would be a step in the wrong direction.

yes i read it in a facebook page...will hughes ,marko lazar,nikola ninkovic..are some other targets also according to them..

We have to tie down Frank' date=' but I'm concerned it won't happen. We need the bloke, he's a top class performer and he's massive in the dressing room. He's a club legend aswell, I want him to retire in the jersey. He's obviously done his fair share to earn that big money move to America/China, but he's not in it for the money, he genuinely wants to stay.

I'll be honest and say I wouldn't be too down if Cole left, he's a top quality left back, but he's such an indulgent player.[/quote']

chelsea is chelsea bcos of these players like terry,lampard,cole..legends and when drogba left my heart broke:(

If the price is around the £7m mark as his buy out clause is rumoured to be I will be a very happy Chelsea fan!

It's a very good buy, especially when you look at the fee and proven ability in the Prem.

No point in wasting millions like you've done in the past on players such as Crespo, Mutu, Sheva and Torres. This buy is a win win for Chelsea.

It's a very good buy' date=' especially when you look at the fee and proven ability in the Prem.

No point in wasting millions like you've done in the past on players such as Crespo, Mutu, Sheva and Torres. This buy is a win win for Chelsea.[/quote']

Completely agree - dare I say it could maybe be the best piece of business Roman had done in his time (Money-wise).

If the price is around the £7m mark as his buy out clause is rumoured to be I will be a very happy Chelsea fan!

Good buy but for him will it be??

I have no doubt he will get a fair amount of games between now and the summer and probably do well however come the summer I can see Chelsea really splashing on a big-name striker in Cavani, Falcao somebody of that ilk and with Roman's pet project there already Ba will already be third choice in a system where you only play one striker.

Not to mention the inevitable change of boss come the summer and the new boss just might not fancy him.

I cant help but think that Ba and his representatives are motivated by one thing and one thing only.....money

I have no doubt he will get a fair amount of games between now and the summer and probably do well however come the summer I can see Chelsea really splashing on a big-name striker in Cavani' date=' Falcao somebody of that ilk and with Roman's pet project there already Ba will already be third choice in a system where you only play one striker.

Not to mention the inevitable change of boss come the summer and the new boss just might not fancy him.

I cant help but think that Ba and his representatives are motivated by one thing and one thing only.....money[/quote']

Or the chance to win a couple of trophies this season and an outside title chance. Compared to Newcastle's prospects at the moment I'd say those things are pretty attractive too.

I'm not saying I disagree with you completely don't misunderstand me - I just think it is a better move for him than say Arsenal or the likes of.

You are right re the summer though - will be very interesting for this club.

I have no doubt he will get a fair amount of games between now and the summer and probably do well however come the summer I can see Chelsea really splashing on a big-name striker in Cavani' date=' Falcao somebody of that ilk and with Roman's pet project there already Ba will already be third choice in a system where you only play one striker.

I cant help but think that Ba and his representatives are motivated by one thing and one thing only.....money[/quote']

I have no doubt that this will be another short term fix for Chelsea, it's the same approach they seem to have in their managerial appointments.

Ba's motivation, it could be money, it could also be false promises on Chelsea's behalf.

I also agree on what you say in relation to Chelsea's intent in the summer transfer window (Falcao, Cavani)

Then maybe, just maybe....they'll look at bringing in Pep or Mourinho.

Or the chance to win a couple of trophies this season and an outside title chance. Compared to Newcastle's prospects at the moment I'd say those things are pretty attractive too.

I'm not saying a disagree with you completely don't misunderstand me - I just think it is a better move for him than say Arsenal or the likes of.

You are right re the summer though - will be very interesting for this club.

Oh yeh he might win a trophy or two agreed dunno if he is cup tied for the Europa League/Carling Cup though??

Just saying I think come the summer and the new season he could be a squad player at best and at his age surely you want to be playing week in and week out. Dont get me wrong 7M for Ba is excellent business by Chelsea but for him personally I aint sure he is doing the right thing.

By the way no disrespect but Newcastle fans are much better to play in front of than Chelsea fans, much more passion, however as football teams they are obviously miles apart