Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Hopefully he won't be benched' date=' just moved to a deeper position... he has all the qualities to succeed there.[/quote']

We haven't seen anywhere near the best of Oscar. He's been playing solidly for over two years. A nice summer rest and he could be absolutely brilliant next season.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

Hopefully he won't be benched' date=' just moved to a deeper position... he has all the qualities to succeed there.[/quote']

Or that...a 4-2-3-1 with Ramires-Oscar would be good though for some reasons I'd prefer Mikel-Oscar as Ramires is already an offensive player and you need a 'ball-holder'

We haven't seen anywhere near the best of Oscar. He's been playing solidly for over two years. A nice summer rest and he could be absolutely brilliant next season.

I think we pretty much have seen almost the best from Oscar in Premier League.

Or that...a 4-2-3-1 with Ramires-Oscar would be good though for some reasons I'd prefer Mikel-Oscar as Ramires is already an offensive player and you need a 'ball-holder'

I'd prefer a pure DM next to him too... would offer us more defensive stability. Imo, Mikel isn't good enough if we want to play Oscar next to him though. We need a new DM.

He won't have it though, called up to Brazil squad for Confed alongside David Luiz. Good thing for you is Ramires ommited from the squad.

I saw Oscar in Brazil senior time in a friendly, that time Brazil played 3 midfielder, Oscar-Ramires-Lucas Leiva and that combination really works beautifully. Granted it's just a friendly,but Oscar looks so comfortable playing deeper,not outwide. Like some people here have said, i think his future role will be deep lying playmaker.

What you need to complement him is exactly someone like Lucas Leiva. True defensive midfield,who also can do passing decently. I'm thinking Capoue, or maybe Sandro if Spurs don't qualify to CM.

You certainly have good diversity of player,and you can play with different formation next year,either with 2 midfielder or 3 midfielder. I think both Oscar and Ramires are more suited to 3 man midfield,but that will mean you must push your best creative player Mata outwide where he wouldn't be as effective he is in the hole

Yeah' date=' but I don't think its many matches. And mainly very low intensity.[/quote']

You never know with Brazilian publics though, they always wants to win anything, especially when WC next year this could be seen as a right time to tell the world that they're deserved to be a favourite. Not to mention long journey to South America and with team that qualify, to be honest I feel this will be the most competitive Confed.

Hasn't played a single game on the right for Leverkusen this season.

He can probably play on the right too but as I said' date=' if I spend that much money on a player, I play him in the position he has played 90%+ in and not in a different one.[/quote']

Yes,but he is as capable of playing right than he is left,could inter-change too.

I saw Oscar in Brazil senior time in a friendly' date=' that time Brazil played 3 midfielder, Oscar-Ramires-Lucas Leiva and that combination really works beautifully. Granted it's just a friendly,but Oscar looks so comfortable playing deeper,not outwide. Like some people here have said, i think his future role will be deep lying playmaker.

What you need to complement him is exactly someone like Lucas Leiva. True defensive midfield,who also can do passing decently. I'm thinking Capoue, or maybe Sandro if Spurs don't qualify to CM.

You certainly have good diversity of player,and you can play with different formation next year,either with 2 midfielder or 3 midfielder. I think both Oscar and Ramires are more suited to 3 man midfield,but that will mean you must push your best creative player Mata outwide where he wouldn't be as effective he is in the hole[/quote']

I agree, Oscar isn't suited to playing out wide and would be much more effective there. I can see a 3 man midfielder woring really well, particuarly for Ramires. Agreed on a DM, but it depends on what formation to what kind of player we need. With Ramires and Oscar in a 4-3-3, someone with a decent passing range would be relatively important. However, in a 4-2-3-1 with all the quality players around them, Oscar would fill that role too and with Mata dropping in, the passing range of the DM wouldn't be as important.

As you've stated later on, the problem is what we'd sacrifice in a 4-3-3, namely Mata. Juan is no where near as effective out wide and tends to drift out of games as was the case when he played out there last season.

Ultimately, given Mata's talents, I still feel that a 4-2-3-1 is important with Oscar as a deep lying play maker. Ultimtately, it would see us sacrificing Ramires, which isn't ideal but imo, the advantages of the 4-2-3-1 outweigh the disadvantages.

Hazard has just tweeted that he is out of the game tomorrow :(

Benitez said it earlier too... gutted about this, he was playing superbly.

Team for tomorrow?

Cech

Azpilicueta-Luiz-Cahill-A.Cole

Ramires-Mikel

Moses-Mata-Oscar

Torres

That's presuming Mikel's fine.

Benitez said it earlier too... gutted about this' date=' he was playing superbly.

Team for tomorrow?

Cech

Azpilicueta-Luiz-Cahill-A.Cole

Ramires-Mikel

Moses-Mata-Oscar

Torres

That's presuming Mikel's fine.[/quote']

Cech

Azpilicueta-Cahill-Terry-Cole

Ramires-Luiz

Moses-Mata-Oscar

Torres

Can see JT demanding his way in if passed fit.

Cech

Azpilicueta-Cahill-Terry-Cole

Ramires-Luiz

Moses-Mata-Oscar

Torres

Can see JT demanding his way in if passed fit.

Can see that happening too, depends also on Mikel's fitness. Is he okay? I havn't heard much.

Still think that on the proviso Mikel is fit, Terry will be on the bench though.

Well' date='I'd rather sacrifice Ramires then Juan.Ramires is a top player but Oscar with a top DM along with him would be very nice(maybe Essien ?).[/quote']

Me too and imo, we need a new DM. Not sure if Essien is that good anymore, although should be given a chance in pre-season.

The thing that worries me about tonight,is the fact that if things are not going well we do not have any attacking options on the bench.We only have one striker,what if even Torres gets injured early? Without Hazard we are really lacking,and Moses has been poor of late.My heart says Chelsea tonight,but my head says Benfica,they are a good balanced side and will be seriously up for this.

The thing that worries me about tonight' date='is the fact that if things are not going well we do not have any attacking options on the bench.We only have one striker,what if even Torres gets injured early? Without Hazard we are really lacking,and Moses has been poor of late.My heart says Chelsea tonight,but my head says Benfica,they are a good balanced side and will be seriously up for this.[/quote']

Disagree, our team is still superior to their's. We'll struggle without Eden, but we have enough quality and last years win showed the heart our players have.

The thing that worries me about tonight' date='is the fact that if things are not going well we do not have any attacking options on the bench.We only have one striker,what if even Torres gets injured early? Without Hazard we are really lacking,and Moses has been poor of late.My heart says Chelsea tonight,but my head says Benfica,they are a good balanced side and will be seriously up for this.[/quote']

Hazard is a big loss but Moses has done well in Europa. I might even place a bet for him to score anytime.

Please say its so!:

Frank Lampard has agreed a one-year contract to stay at Chelsea next season, Goal can confirm.

The Blues' record goalscorer had been in a stand-off with the club for the last two years but has now agreed to stay at Stamford Bridge as he prepares to re-unite with former manager Jose Mourinho next season.

Lampard, whose existing deal expires this summer, was the subject of interest from clubs across the world and came close to joining MLS side LA Galaxy before Chelsea finally opened talks over a 12-month deal.

Those discussions have gathered pace in recent weeks and an agreement has now been reached, and an official announcement is expected before the end of the Premier League season on Sunday.

Chelsea supporters have made clear their desire for the 34-year-old to stay at the club after 12 years in west London during which he has scored 203 goals, overtaking Bobby Tambling's scoring record in last Saturday's win at Aston Villa.

The anticipated return of Mourinho is understood to have been a decisive factor in Lampard's decision to sign a new deal, with the midfielder also expected to accept a pay cut.

The England international, who will captain Chelsea in Wednesday's Europa League final against Benfica in Amsterdam due to John Terry's injury, feared he was being driven out of the club.

But he has gone on to make 48 appearances for the Blues this term, scoring 17 goals, and forced the club into a re-think, just as they did when Ashley Cole signed a one-year extension in January.

Source - goal.com