Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Official Chelsea FC Thread

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Rumors going round the mill that Mourinho would love to bring Varane to the bridge if he is appointed manager. With Real (& Barca) linked with Luiz, could a swap between the two be a possibility?

Anyone heard anything on this?

Rumors going round the mill that Mourinho would love to bring Varane to the bridge if he is appointed manager. With Real (& Barca) linked with Luiz' date=' could a swap between the two be a possibility?

Anyone heard anything on this?[/quote']

I havn't heard any of the Varane rumours yet, do you have a link?

Saying that, i'd love Varane here and I wouldn't be surprised if Varane wanted to follow Mou.

We'd be fools to sell Luiz, he's one of our best players and our best CB.

I havn't heard any of the Varane rumours yet' date=' do you have a link?

Saying that, i'd love Varane here and I wouldn't be surprised if Varane wanted to follow Mou.

We'd be fools to sell Luiz, he's one of our best players and our best CB.[/quote']

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130522/fichajes/mourinho-quiere-fichar-varane-chelsea_54374294454.html

I saw it on a different source this morning but can't remember where.. It's also on tribal football as well.

Apparently, the source i read is that Mourinho doesn't think Luiz is defensively capable.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130522/fichajes/mourinho-quiere-fichar-varane-chelsea_54374294454.html

I saw it on a different source this morning but can't remember where.. It's also on tribal football as well.

Apparently' date=' the source i read is that Mourinho doesn't think Luiz is defensively capable.[/quote']

Thanks :). If his release clause is at 30 million euros then I can definitely see us paying that. It depends what the next Madrid manager says to Varane but I can definitely see him wanting to follow Mou, he gave him his chance.

I read that too, think it's rubbish tbh. The myth that Luiz is error prone just won't go away, all our other defenders make way more mistakes. He's actually the least error prone of the lot.

Thanks :). If his release clause is at 30 million euros then I can definitely see us paying that. It depends what the next Madrid manager says to Varane but I can definitely see him wanting to follow Mou' date=' he gave him his chance.

I read that too, think it's rubbish tbh. The myth that Luiz is error prone just won't go away, all our other defenders make way more mistakes. He's actually the least error prone of the lot.[/quote']

He has excelled at DM, but Mourinho plays players for their ability rather that their age (hence Varane getting quite a few starts at just 20 YO) Mourinho likes Essien too so i can see him playing a part somewhere.

I think his position lets Luiz down more than anything. He may not make the most obvious errors' date=' but his position and tracking at times is pretty poor.[/quote']

He loves to go forward that's why! That's why Rafa has played him DM.

Thanks :). If his release clause is at 30 million euros then I can definitely see us paying that. It depends what the next Madrid manager says to Varane but I can definitely see him wanting to follow Mou' date=' he gave him his chance.

I read that too, think it's rubbish tbh. The myth that Luiz is error prone just won't go away, all our other defenders make way more mistakes. He's actually the least error prone of the lot.[/quote']

The thing that will effect us in a dominoes motion (other than Mourinho coming back) is old Mr Essien. If he comes back like he was pre-injury - or even as he finished at Real he will be our best DM option, which may push Luiz back, which if Jose doesnt like him at CB could see him leave and Varane come in - I am Varane's biggest fan but at the same time I like Luiz a lot at DM. He has no fear going forward / can shoot / and knows when to cover - which also allowed Lampard to get forward at the latter end of this season. Those traits scream DM to me.

But then again, lets just get Jose officially back first :P

He loves to go forward that's why! That's why Rafa has played him DM.

Yeah I understand, I was just pointing out he often makes errors relating to positioning and im not talking about after he goes on a run half way up the pitch im talking specifically about when defending.

To be honest' date=' if Zidane is still around at Bernabeu, I'll put my bet for Varane to stay.[/quote']

Can't argue too much with that - but if anyone could do it is Mourinho.

Saying that that though - if Pellegrini does join Man City it will bring a whole new level of transfer nous to the league!

Can't argue too much with that - but if anyone could do it is Mourinho.

Saying that that though - if Pellegrini does join Man City it will bring a whole new level of transfer nous to the league!

Varane aint likely to wanna downgrade is he?? ;)

To be honest' date=' if Zidane is still around at Bernabeu, I'll put my bet for Varane to stay.[/quote']

But he may want to follow Mourinho. He could be stuck on the bench again next season if the new manager prefers Pepe/Ramos partnership. Mourinho has given him his break and he isn't afraid to play a player if he is good enough whether he be 15 or 35.

Just seen this on facebook, cant find another source, but i know the United rumours are floating around, so not impossible that we are also interested.

Thiago has offers from Chelsea, Man United, Bayern and Man City. Because he didn't play 60% of the games, his buyout clause is 18M.