Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

We lost 4-3 after being 3-0 up... I know it's just a friendly but seriously??? :confused::confused::confused: That's a poor effort.

This is why we need to be tougher.. This season in the league we lost 15 points by letting in goals in the last 10 minutes.. We really do lack a strong centre back to be honest.But the whole team have to defend better..

This is why we need to be tougher.. This season in the league we lost 15 points by letting in goals in the last 10 minutes.. We really do lack a strong centre back to be honest.But the whole team have to defend better..

We do need to defend better, I know our personnel has changed a bit, but defensively, we were incredible last season, I don't know where it's all gone.

We do need to defend better' date=' I know our personnel has changed a bit, but defensively, we were incredible last season, I don't know where it's all gone.[/quote']

Well hopefully Jose will organize us that bit better.But Ivan,Luiz and Cahill are all prone to mistakes or switching off.Of course in a way we have lost a world class centre back in JT.Just injuries and age has caught up on him I'm afraid.. The three defenders I mentioned before hand have had good days too.Luiz could be improved with the right coach.But I think at this stage Ivan and Cahill are squad type players,this is in relation in wanting to compete for the league and champions league on a regular basis.But not having an outstanding defensive mid does not help either.Might seem harsh on some players,but if you want to be the best...

Well hopefully Jose will organize us that bit better.But Ivan' date='Luiz and Cahill are all prone to mistakes or switching off.Of course in a way we have lost a world class centre back in JT.Just injuries and age has caught up on him I'm afraid.. The three defenders I mentioned before hand have had good days too.Luiz could be improved with the right coach.But I think at this stage Ivan and Cahill are squad type players,this is in relation in wanting to compete for the league and champions league on a regular basis.But not having an outstanding defensive mid does not help either.Might seem harsh on some players,but if you want to be the best...[/quote']

Luiz isn't really, he makes no more mistakes than every other top CB... Ivan's become a mistake prone whilst Cahill made a few but he was coming back from a long injury.

Agreed on Terry, the man was a rock in his prime. Positionally, he was one of the best defenders i've ever seen. He's also been slow, but he could make up for it with his incredible positioning.

Luiz can definitely continue to improve, Cahill I rate... personally I think he's good enough but he isn't world class. Imo, I wouldn't splash out on a CB but if we were to someone like Varane would fit the bill perfectly.

Not sure what to do with Ivan, good player still but he wouldn't get in my first X1 and he's too good and too old to sit on the bench. A 29 year old should be playing reguarly, regardless of the level.

Rumour going round that Marco Van Ginkel will be Mourinho's first signing.

Seen that,but I doubt he is good enough yet...

Also Monaco are interested in Ivanovic and could pay 25mill:eek:,I would take that for sure.Ivan has become very error prone and is 29..

Seen that' date='but I doubt he is good enough yet...

Also Monaco are interested in Ivanovic and could pay 25mill:eek:,I would take that for sure.Ivan has become very error prone and is 29..[/quote']

25m for Ivan would be amazing, been great for the club but that would be too good to refuse.

Seen that' date='but I doubt he is good enough yet...

Also Monaco are interested in Ivanovic and could pay 25mill:eek:,I would take that for sure.Ivan has become very error prone and is 29..[/quote']

Great deal for the club if that happened. Azp has RB sewn up for a number of years now and Iva's not going to get a look in a CB.

Bought for £9.7 million, sold for £25 million. Looks good all round.

Great deal for the club if that happened. Azp has RB sewn up for a number of years now and Iva's not going to get a look in a CB.

Bought for £9.7 million' date=' sold for £25 million. Looks good all round.[/quote']

and the fact it would most likely mean Kalas would not go out on loan again and get some serious game time

I came into the season with a false sense (tragic) of hope.. For me, having come off a surprisingly (yet amazing) Champions League victory, I was hoping for a league title push. But obviously, that didn't happen. We went on to fail miserably in the FA Cup and League Cup, and the Champions League (lets just forget about that part) but we won the Europa League (exciting, I know, still a trophy though.. BRAN!)!

I was extremely disappointed with the way we set ourselves up going forward. I felt as though the systems RDM (and later Rafa) just didn't suit Torres/Sturridge in the opening half of the season. Torres isn't a striker to hold up possession and bring others into the game. He tends to feed off the supply around him, he's not supposed to create it. The exact same can be said for Ba and besides his goals, I felt he struggled for us. Good player, but not what we need in a striker. Sturridge is a player I like, but he didn't suit us at all. He's not a winger (AVB tried and failed, he's too greedy sometimes) and he can't do the sort of things Di Matteo wanted him to do.

Mata had a truly tremendous season overall and Hazard was extremely pleasing on the eye with his speed and brilliant dribbling. To round out going forward, Oscar. I like the kid, really rate him, but he doesn't suit the 4231 system at all, at least, not with Mata and Hazard. Hazard has taken up the left side of the trio and he can play out wide. But I've noticed Mata has seemingly lost some of his burning pace he had when he was at Valencia. Not to say he's slow, not by any means, but he isn't tearing past full backs. Himself and Oscar often got mixed up and would both be in the same position, while we would lack a wide option. I think if we are to progress with those three, a proper system needs to be implemented for their positioning. I wouldn't like to see us sell Oscar, but I do think Mata plays his best game behind the front man. If we got a reasonable bid (£20 million, what we paid), and had a winger in place to play on the right (or switch Hazard there) we'd be a legitimate contender for the league. My wet dream would be to use Oscar in a cash + player deal for Bale (could you imagine him with Mata and Hazard behind Lukaku?!), but that's 105% impossible. Schurrle looks like a good player, but he's also a little bit too tall and awkward to be a pure winger in my view. So we'll have to see what happens there.

I think our back 4 (Dave, Bran, JT/Cahill, Cole) and Cech are solid. I do think we need a defensive midfielder though. Luiz is one of my favourite players, but he is a very ditzy player and often gets caught out. If we got a bid of £35m upwards, from Barcelona, I say we take it.

If Jose does come in, I see him going after Khedira. While he's no Essien (he'll be back, but he's not what he was), he still offers the back four sold cover. He's not flashy or doesn't scare amazing long range shots (and free kicks) I think we could get him for a modest enough fee (£15m-£25m). Now, for Ramires (<3), Lamps and Mikel. Hate Mikel, just saying that, so I may aswell exclude him completely. He's irrelevant to me, unless he actually finds that ability that saw us and United go after him all those years back (don't have my hopes up there). I bloody love Ramires. He's an absolute monster on the pitch and he just never stops running and giving his all. But this season I noticed one thing I hadn't seen since his first season. His first touch was disgusting. More often than not, his composure and touch on the ball was non-existent. He can hit a very good pass/shot when he's running in momentum, but he can't pull up and shoot (a la Spurs, the grass to face, plant). I read a report that Rafa may go after him. I can't think of a fee that I would deem acceptable for Rami because he's given us a ridiculous amount of heart, but I could see a bid of £18m (I don't know why, it just seems to click) being accepted. Jose may seem him as a liability (same could be said for Luiz), but his versatility is worth noting.

Most notably, we have Courtois, De Bruyne, Piazon and Lukaku returning from loan. I'd like to see each of them feature next season but it's incredibly likely we'll sell De Bruyne. We could get a very, very good price for him after the season he just had at Bremen and I'd be confident in what Jose would do with the added bit of cash from his (highly) possible sale. Lukaku should definitely be kept at the club. I think he's perfect for our system as he can hold up the ball and often create his own chances. He runs at defenders and can actually get past them. I hope we can convince Courtois to stay at the club, but at the same time, I hope we send him out on loan. There's no doubt he's the future for us in between the posts, but Cech is another season or two away from being replaced as No. 1.

I hope we involve the likes of Piazon and Ake as they have shown a lot of promise in the first team for us. The likes of Moses and Marin also need to feature a lot more next season, but we'll see what happens over the next few weeks in terms of management and what direction we head in with transfer targets.

According to Sky Italia we've made a bid for Cavani for a fee of 30 million euros + Torres. Also we're close to signing Schurrle. A fee has been agreed and De Bruyne will go in the opposite direction on loan according to Leverkusen's CEO.

According to Sky Italia we've made a bid for Cavani for a fee of 30 million euros + Torres. Also we're close to signing Schurrle. A fee has been agreed and De Bruyne will go in the opposite direction on loan according to Leverkusen's CEO.

DeLa would be very very stupid to accept such an offer seeing how much he coul get for Cavani.

Torres to me isnt worth more than 10-15 mil, plus he's got a massive wage (i think he earns double of what Cavani currently earns), hes also on the verge of 30...

And lets not eve start comparing them goal wise and presence wise on the field.

Imo if chelasea wants Cavani, they have to give Napoli at least 45 to 55 mil along with torres, or add another player long with torres.

Anyway i really doubt this deal will happen, even if Benitez is in love with Torres (or rather with the idea of the Liverpool Torres). I mean, im pretty sure that City could give more cash to napoli along with Dzeko, whos a better, younger and more prolific striker than torres.

Personally i still think that DeLa should sell Cavani for just cash, to have more freedom of choice.

DeLa would be very very stupid to accept such an offer seeing how much he coul get for Cavani.

Torres to me isnt worth more than 10-15 mil' date=' plus he's got a massive wage (i think he earns double of what Cavani currently earns), hes also on the verge of 30...

And lets not eve start comparing them goal wise and presence wise on the field.

Imo if chelasea wants Cavani, they have to give Napoli at least 45 to 55 mil along with torres, or add another player long with torres.

Anyway i really doubt this deal will happen, even if Benitez is in love with Torres (or rather with the idea of the Liverpool Torres). I mean, im pretty sure that City could give more cash to napoli along with Dzeko, whos a better, younger and more prolific striker than torres.

Personally i still think that DeLa should sell Cavani for just cash, to have more freedom of choice.[/quote']

Rafa there so Chelsea trying to be cute with Torres :P