Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

The thing about the whole John Terry debacle, which I think will wrankle with most neutral onlookers, is the lack of a public apology. When you've done something wrong, you apologise and more importantly you apologise to the one you've wronged. The fact that he apologised to the Chelsea fans, but didn't have the grace to apologise to Bridge is just a further kick in the teeth to Bridge (I've heard the rumours that he may have tried to but was blocked off, but quite frankly where there's a will there's a way). Most people who had genuine remorse, would have made a better attempt at reconciliation than Terry has and certainly would have made a public apology.

It's good to show backing towards your player and support him in a difficult time, knowing all he's done for your club. But, personally, I would find it difficult to give him such vehement support as some are doing. To do so, is to condone his actions in firstly having the affair and secondly not apologising. To boo the man who has been wronged against is equally insane. Had Terry made a proper apology, well perhaps you would have some cause to show this sort of support for Terry in that manner (although forgiving, by all accounts a very close friend, for cheating with your partner still takes a very great man). All things taken into account, it's outrageous that some are questioning Bridge's actions and are trying to make him out to be the bad person in this saga. Anyone who booed him at Stamford Bridge needs to take a good step-back and consider what exactly they were booing for. Because that booing, is in effect a condoning of Terry's actions.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

What do you mean ''and all the managers no this accept the fans?'' anyway' date=' JT gets tricked by a couple of people wanting a autograph ''Wayne, I'm sorry'' :D[/quote']

well people seem to think that arsenal are poor and they should buy some new players but thats because they dont know how things work.. first of all wenger has limited funds as they had to buy a new stadium hence why they havent won ne thing for 5 yrs... there side virtually cost him nuthing... his players comin through the youth team are the best by far and he has all the hot prospects... arsenall are in debt 200 mill and manchester are 500 mill in debt... we just bought a new stadium thats why where in that debt and if we never bought the stadium we woulnt be... we could sell fabregas arshavin vermalaen and rvp to pay that debt off... arsenal are the future simple the average age of the midfield is 21 and thats were all the magic happens... we got players like wallcot wilshere vela gibs all very good players and three of them are english ha ha ha... by the way unless liverpool get token over fast an money poured into them then its gunna b lookin like a sad scene from the titanic mate... u need a stadium aswell its looking like its past its best which is similar to your squad "gerrard" "carragher" :D

Sorry but this game has been Ludicris' date=' how the hell did we have a player sent off but inter didn't?[/quote']

I posted on the other thread about Inters defending (mainly 1st half) , I HATE the fact teams are allowed to defend like that from corners, it was borderline assault on Drogba 1st half!

All teams do it tho not just Italian teams, its dead bad in the EPL now, Carvaliho is one of the worst for it.

I posted on the other thread about Inters defending (mainly 1st half) ' date=' [b']I HATE the fact teams are allowed to defend like that from corners, it was borderline assault on Drogba 1st half![/b]

All teams do it tho not just Italian teams, its dead bad in the EPL now, Carvaliho is one of the worst for it.

Agreed! A bit of shirt pulling is fine but that was scandelous....

Hunty the justification your giving for them blatantly abusing the ref is really really poor. If they turned up today they wouldnt need to blame the ref.

They werent good enough , if they are looking at someone to blame. Maye they should look at themselves, and throw away the notion that because they are Chelsea they have a right to go through.

Hunty the justification your giving for them blatantly abusing the ref is really really poor. If they turned up today they wouldnt need to blame the ref.

They werent good enough ' date=' if they are looking at someone to blame. Maye they should look at themselves, and throw away the notion that because they are Chelsea they have a right to go through.[/quote']

True, Inter were superior and deserved to go through, and what a game from Snejider, what vision and class...

They werent good enough ' date=' if they are looking at someone to blame. Maye they should look at themselves, and throw away the notion that because they are Chelsea they have a right to go through.[/quote']

I'm not saying they deserved to go through at all, Inter were the better team over the two legs, i'm not that deluded to realise that, I'm just simply saying that I honestly think its hard for some people to control their emotions in a high pressured situation, where they are pushed to perform all the time, maybe they feel they need to blame someone if they don't before well enough, if you get what I mean. :L :o

I just think it's hard to judge people in that situation until you've been there yourself that's all..