Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Btw' date=' Mourinho is not far from me today in Leipzig.

He is coaching the world team for Ballack's send-off game. Lots of former and current players like Drogba, Sheva, Essien, Lahm, Klose etc.

Line-ups here: [url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=2610324#post2610324[/url]

Is that Micheal Schumacher or is there a footballer with that last name?

Haha' date=' thats quality. Would love to see how he plays[/quote']

He is not a bad footballer actually. He used to play for his Suisse team where he lives as high as third division I think. That's not bad without practice and all.

He loves football, takes part in heaps of charity matches. Decent player, knows how to play.

Our new away kit: http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3201720/title/adidas-reveal-new-chelsea-away-kit

maillot-chelsea-2013-2014-nouveau.jpg

Turns out the leaked kit was the actual one. Hopefully our third kit isn't the other training top colour...

This kit's okay' date=' not as good as last season's though.[/quote']

Are you sure it's not Germany NT away kit with an accidental Chelsea badge?

Apparently we're talking to Napoli about Cavani, which is good news, if we are to sign a striker and Lewa is going is going to Bayern, then he'd be my preference. I'd prefer him over Gomez.

If we sign: Cavani, Schurrle, De Rossi, Van Ginkel and Mangala are squad is going to be seriously scary...

If we sign: Cavani' date=' Schurrle, De Rossi, Van Ginkel and Mangala...[/quote']

and Pogba, Verratti, Di Sciglio, di Maria, Ibrahimovic,................... and and..... Seriously how many more do you want:confused:

Already having spent millions in the last few years a return of just a couple league titles and a fluky CL is just pathetic if you ask me. I would be more interested in giving your youngsters like Piazon, Lukaku et al a run if I were you.

and Pogba' date=' Verratti, Di Sciglio, di Maria, Ibrahimovic,................... and and..... Seriously how many more do you want:confused:

Already having spent millions in the last few years a return of just a couple league titles and a fluky CL is just pathetic if you ask me. I would be more interested in giving your youngsters like Piazon, Lukaku et al a run if I were you.[/quote']

Every club spends millions, just because we spend on big names players and don't throw £17 million at Jones and 30 million euros at Anderson doesn't mean we spend that much more than other clubs.

We need a CF, we've been lacking since arguably November 2010, where Drogba got ill and never really recovered his previous form. We havn't had a consistent CF since then, hence why signing one makes sense.

We also need a winger, we don't have any in our youth setup who are good enough, we need someone who can take people on.

We've needed a DM for years, De Rossi would be a great signing, we can improve on Mikel and Chalobah isn't ready yet.

Van Ginkel isn't exactly a big name, he'll either be loaned out or played in rotation.

We don't necessarily need Mangala, I actually rate Cahill. Saying that he'd give us some good depth and would help improve the competition in the squad. Personally, i'd prefer to promote Kalas but I wouldn't feel too aggrieved if we signed Eliaquim.

These rumours are exactly what I expected. Chelsea to undo all the good work done by AVB, Di Matteo and whoever that backroom guy is bringing in top talented youth.

For a CF why not Lukaku who's just enjoyed a cracking season at West Brom? De Bruyne's had an excellent season at CM for Bremen. These players aren't going to stay at Chelsea if you buy a shed load of established stars every summer.

Also rumours that you've been bidding for Hulk.

These rumours are exactly what I expected. Chelsea to undo all the good work done by AVB' date=' Di Matteo and whoever that backroom guy is bringing in top talented youth.

For a CF why not Lukaku who's just enjoyed a cracking season at West Brom? De Bruyne's had an excellent season at CM for Bremen. These players aren't going to stay at Chelsea if you buy a shed load of established stars every summer.

Also rumours that you've been bidding for Hulk.[/quote']

Lukaku is staying. Torres is likely to be offloaded as part of the Cavani deal.

These rumours are exactly what I expected. Chelsea to undo all the good work done by AVB' date=' Di Matteo and whoever that backroom guy is bringing in top talented youth.

Also rumours that you've been bidding for Hulk.[/quote']

I'd like to bring youth through but at the same time, we're a team who should be fighting for the league and our squad struggled last season.

We don't have any quality natural wingers in our youth, so signing one definitely makes sense.

Is Mikel good enough? I don't think so and I don't think Chalobah's ready yet so spending £10 million on De Rossi seems like good business.

Then we've got the last of the big names, a CF. Yes, part of me would like to give Lukaku a chance, but it'd be a risky move. Ba isn't good enough and Torres is too inconsistent, if Lukaku struggles we could find ourselves in big trouble next season.

We can still bring youth through whilst signing these players, but if we are to challenge for the title, we do need to fill the gaps in our squad.

Bradford, I was not having a go at you just that I expected better from you fans. Yeah I know it's not your (fans') fault that they splashed insane amounts on flops like Shevchenco and Torres but if you want it to keep happening as in Chelsea spending OTT amounts on 'established' names then what did you buy Lukaku's Piazon's and KDB's for? They are more than good enough IMO and if I were a Chelsea fan I'd rather them three given a chance over splashing another million on Cavani, Schurrle and all those names you mentioned.

Lukaku is staying. Torres is likely to be offloaded as part of the Cavani deal.

He won't stay for long if he can't get a game' date=' which he won't if you spend millions on a new CF.

I'd like to bring youth through but at the same time, we're a team who should be fighting for the league and our squad struggled last season.

We don't have any quality natural wingers in our youth, so signing one definitely makes sense.

Is Mikel good enough? I don't think so and I don't think Chalobah's ready yet so spending £10 million on De Rossi seems like good business.

Then we've got the last of the big names, a CF. Yes, part of me would like to give Lukaku a chance, but it'd be a risky move. Ba isn't good enough and Torres is too inconsistent, if Lukaku struggles we could find ourselves in big trouble next season.

We can still bring youth through whilst signing these players, but if we are to challenge for the title, we do need to fill the gaps in our squad.

Your squad didn't struggle enough for you to need to sign that many players of that quality. That is, unless you're planning to shift a lot of players out, but none of them had poor seasons really other than your strikers.

I can understand signing a winger. City have done the same this window and it pleases me.

Didn't realise De Rossi was available that cheap, but even so that'd be another £200k on your weekly wages.

Why would Lukaku be such a risk? He's had a stunning season and scored against the best sides. He might hit rough patches but then surely you want someone to challenge him for the role, rather than a megabucks signing who will sit in Lukaku's way for a few seasons until Romelu gets bored and leaves.

Chelsea don't bring youth through. Your previous few managers bought some of the best youth prospects in the world. They've been sent on loan to decent clubs for experience and now they have it and would naturally be pushing to play in any other club, Chelsea are spending huge amounts on new players to sit ahead of them. It's silly and makes signing those young players utterly pointless.

Apparently we're talking to Napoli about Cavani' date=' which is good news, if we are to sign a striker and Lewa is going is going to Bayern, then he'd be my preference. I'd prefer him over Gomez.

[b']If we sign: Cavani, Schurrle, De Rossi, Van Ginkel and Mangala are squad is going to be seriously scary...[/b]

Yes,of course it'll be scary because only 3 of them will play for first team and probably the other 2 will sit on bench/loaned out. You don't need to buy A LOT of players,your squad is already good enough except few positions. Cavani,De Rossi and Schurrle will be just good enough,

We need a CF' date=' we've been lacking since arguably November 2010, where Drogba got ill and never really recovered his previous form. We havn't had a consistent CF since then, hence why signing one makes sense.

[/quote']

Lukaku. There, you've got it.

Lukaku. There' date=' you've got it.[/quote']

Excatly my sentiment, he has always been talented but this season he more than showcased his abilities, he didnt even start every game for baggies early on in the season.

Give the lad his chance, considering the money spent on him, his reputation and the class season he had why on earth buy / keep him if your not going to give him a shot.

Bradford' date=' I was not having a go at you just that I expected better from you fans. Yeah I know it's not your (fans') fault that they splashed insane amounts on flops like Shevchenco and Torres but if you want it to keep happening as in Chelsea spending OTT amounts on 'established' names then what did you buy Lukaku's Piazon's and KDB's for? They are more than good enough IMO and if I were a Chelsea fan I'd rather them three given a chance over splashing another million on Cavani, Schurrle and all those names you mentioned.[/quote']

I think some are good enough too, but we still need a winger who can take people on. Piazon can't really do that, he has different qualities, we also need a DM. CF is where it gets a bit more complicated as Lukaku could do a job, athough it'd be a risk.