Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Apparently Barcelona want Fernando Torres. :eek: I personally think this story is a load of rubbish but God' date=' please be true![/quote']

If one insane made up transfer rumour comes true this please, please let it be this one. It makes it even better that I hate Barcelona :D

To be honest, if a club bids £0 thats a decent piece of news, £15-£20 million like they claim would be all our Christmas' coming at once.

If one insane made up transfer rumour comes true this please' date=' please let it be this one. It makes it even better that I hate Barcelona :D

To be honest, if a club bids £0 thats a decent piece of news, £15-£20 million like they claim would be all our Christmas' coming at once.[/quote']

He did well last season... as long as he's used properly he can still be an effective member of our team.

I'd rather Ba left than Torres if someone has to go, aside from a few good goals, he was pretty poor for us.

When he's on his game, Torres is still a fantastic player, I don't want to get rid of him for the sake of getting rid of him.

He did well last season... as long as he's used properly he can still be an effective member of our team.

I'd rather Ba left than Torres if someone has to go' date=' aside from a few good goals, he was pretty poor for us.

When he's on his game, Torres is still a fantastic player, I don't want to get rid of him for the sake of getting rid of him.[/quote']

I'm sorry but he did not do well last season. His goals / appearances was the worst out of any starting striker in an elite European side last season. He had a massive drought in the League, if it wasn't for some Eastern European sides he really would have looked bad. I'm sorry but give anyone 60+ games and they'll score a few against lesser opposition.

Ba was decent for us, especially since he just arrived, he's been in good form a lot more recently than Torres. He's also on reasonable wages and is hungry to improve.

And finally we need to sell him because he has three years left on a £175k a week contract which is an unmitigated disaster. If anyone is stupid enough to bid we have to accept.

I'm sorry but he did not do well last season. His goals / appearances was the worst out of any starting striker in an elite European side last season. He had a massive drought in the League' date=' if it wasn't for some Eastern European sides he really would have looked bad. I'm sorry but give anyone 60+ games and they'll score a few against lesser opposition.

Ba was decent for us, especially since he just arrived, he's been in good form a lot more recently than Torres. He's also on reasonable wages and is hungry to improve.

And finally we need to sell him because he has three years left on a £175k a week contract which is an unmitigated disaster. If anyone is stupid enough to bid we have to accept.[/quote']

Yes he did do well. He had a massive drought into the league: yes, but he wasn't playing in the league much during the drought, he only started a few games in that period, so you can't expect him to score and the only comp he was starting regularly in, he was scoring regularly in too. He also had lots of sub appearances like coming on for the final minute of the FA Cup quarter final, that morphs his statistics.

Ba was awful at times, he missed so many chances.

I'm not against selling Torres, but i'm not giving him away or paying anyone to take him.

Yes he did do well. He had a massive drought into the league: yes' date=' but he wasn't playing in the league much during the drought, he only started a few games in that period, so you can't expect him to score and the only comp he was starting regularly in, he was scoring regularly in too. He also had lots of sub appearances like coming on for the final minute of the FA Cup quarter final, that morphs his statistics.

Ba was awful at times, he missed so many chances.

I'm not against selling Torres, but i'm not giving him away or paying anyone to take him.[/quote']

When someone is on £175k a week, they should be scoring a whole lot more. Someone on 50k like Bony could comfortably contribute more than Torres for a fraction of the cost. If he goes for £0 we save about £30 million in wages over 3 seasons.

When someone is on £175k a week' date=' they should be scoring a whole lot more. Someone on 50k like Bony could comfortably contribute more than Torres for a fraction of the cost. If he goes for £0 we save about £30 million in wages over 3 seasons.[/quote']

We cover his wage with the shirt sales and other associated merchandise that he brings in. Torres doesn't cost that much and Ba costs a fortune as well.

Hopefully he's given a chance at the confederations cup.

Giving him away is stupid, i'd be disgusted in CFC if we did anything like that.

The transfer fee doesn't' date=' but the shirt sales and merchandise associated with a massive player does contribute a lot.[/quote']

Torres's stock is no where near what it used to be and his merchandise and selling stats will be nothing now, the original boost when he moved to Chelsea as all signings do are long gone and a lot of Chelsea fans don't want to be associated with Torres in all honesty. Add to that he's also not very popular in Spain so abroad sales won't be much either.

We cover his wage with the shirt sales and other associated merchandise that he brings in. Torres doesn't cost that much and Ba costs a fortune as well.

Hopefully he's given a chance at the confederations cup.

Giving him away is stupid' date=' i'd be disgusted in CFC if we did anything like that.[/quote']

Not even close. Shirt sales won't even make a dent in his salary, especially two and half years and this much bad form after we signed him.

Ba is on less than half his wages.

The transfer fee doesn't' date=' but the shirt sales and merchandise associated with a massive player does contribute a lot.[/quote']

Let's play this through. We'll be only focusing on shirt sales as I somewhat doubt Torres-specific merchandise (maybe a cup with his face on?) contributes any significant amount at all.

He earns 175k a week and that likely doesn't included any bonus payments at the end of season for titles or league finish.

A normal home shirt for Chelsea costs 50 pounds. If you want it personalised with Torres name it comes to 63 pounds.

Chelsea sells 910 000 shirts per season on average. To make it easier, we go with weekly sales which come to 17 500. Torres sells on average 18.7% of Chelsea's shirts (research according to kitbag). That comes 3273 shirts sold every week.

Now we come to the important and difficult part which is the win margin the club makes on such a jersey. There has been research done here in Germany in cooperation with adidas and puma so since the jersey prices for most clubs here are the same as for Chelsea and Chelsea has adidas as a kit sponsor, it is safe to use that research.

You have to take into account production costs, logistic, kit producer win margin (obv adidas gets a cut too) which is supposedly 10 euros (8 and a half pounds for a 70 euro kit (which equals those 60 pounds), if you sell it via random stores, they obv get a margin too, if you sell it via your own shop you obv have to pay for distribution structures such as the fan shop itself, employees etc. and on top of all this you obv have to take away VAT and the clubs surely have to pay other tax on their income as well.

So as you can see, there won't be a great amount left from all of this.

I think it is fair to say that the margin is around 8-10 pounds for the club on such a jersey then so lets calculate with 9 pounds.

9 pounds win margin x Torres weekly sold shirt (those jersey sale numbers are a bit old, so the is declining with every season and likely to be less by now while his wage is very much the same) comes to around 30k pounds a week. Which means he still costs 145k a week. So of course his jersey sales contribute something towards his wage but 145k a week is still massive for a player which isn't of much use really. And that is calculated in generous fashion

Let's play this through. We'll be only focusing on shirt sales as I somewhat doubt Torres-specific merchandise (maybe a cup with his face on?) contributes any significant amount at all.

He earns 175k a week and that likely doesn't included any bonus payments at the end of season for titles or league finish.

A normal home shirt for Chelsea costs 50 pounds. If you want it personalised with Torres name it comes to 63 pounds.

Chelsea sells 910 000 shirts per season on average. To make it easier' date=' we go with weekly sales which come to 17 500. Torres sells on average 18.7% of Chelsea's shirts (research according to kitbag). That comes 3273 shirts sold every week.

Now we come to the important and difficult part which is the win margin the club makes on such a jersey. There has been research done here in Germany in cooperation with adidas and puma so since the jersey prices for most clubs here are the same as for Chelsea and Chelsea has adidas as a kit sponsor, it is safe to use that research.

You have to take into account production costs, logistic, kit producer win margin (obv adidas gets a cut too) which is supposedly 10 euros (8 and a half pounds for a 70 euro kit (which equals those 60 pounds), if you sell it via random stores, they obv get a margin too, if you sell it via your own shop you obv have to pay for distribution structures such as the fan shop itself, employees etc. and on top of all this you obv have to take away VAT and the clubs surely have to pay other tax on their income as well.

I think it is fair to say that the margin is around 8-10 pounds for the club on such a jersey then so lets calculate with 9 pounds.

9 pounds win margin x Torres weekly sold shirt (those jersey sale numbers are a bit old, so the is declining with every season and likely to be less by now while his wage is very much the same) comes to around 30k pounds a week. Which means he still costs 145k a week. So of course his jersey sales contribute something towards his wage but 145k a week is still massive for a player which isn't of much use really. And that is calculated in generous fashion[/quote']

+ we can expect Torres shirt sales to drop again this year, especially if there is a big signing.

Chelsea sells 910 000 shirts per season on average. To make it easier' date=' we go with weekly sales which come to 17 500. Torres sells on average 18.7% of Chelsea's shirts (research according to kitbag). That comes 3273 shirts sold every week.

9 pounds win margin x Torres weekly sold shirt (those jersey sale numbers are a bit old, so the is declining with every season and likely to be less by now while his wage is very much the same) comes to around 30k pounds a week. Which means he still costs 145k a week. So of course his jersey sales contribute something towards his wage but 145k a week is still massive for a player which isn't of much use really. And that is calculated in generous fashion[/quote']

Fair play there although a £9 margin does seem rather small. Are you sure it's not higher?

He is of great use. He's a good player and scored some fantastic goals last season including the one in the Europa League Final. After rafa joined, he started really well but played far too much and got blown out, suffering a massive dip in form. Following ba's arrival he's looked good in the only comp he was starting regularly in, the Europa league and regularly scoring.

The problem with him is all to do with mentality. If Torres shows some passion when meeting Mou, then I think Mou could really help him. He's still very fast and capable of scoring great goals.

Fair play there although a £9 margin does seem rather small. Are you sure it's not higher?

He is of great use. He's a good player and scored some fantastic goals last season including the one in the Europa League Final. After rafa joined' date=' he started really well but played far too much and got blown out, suffering a massive dip in form. Following ba's arrival he's looked good in the only comp he was starting regularly in, the Europa league and regularly scoring.

The problem with him is all to do with mentality. If Torres shows some passion when meeting Mou, then I think Mou could really help him. He's still very fast and capable of scoring great goals.[/quote']

I agree we should leave it to Mourinho. He is ruthless with this sort of thing. If he thinks Torres needs to go then I would support him. He he decides he can't sell Tores or he wants to keep him, then he'll get the best out of him.

If we sign a new striker, then one of Ba and Torres probably has to go now, and I think Mourinho would probably choose Torres. Since we signed Torres, Ba has 38 PL goals to his 15. He deserves more than 11 league starts to settle in and his Cup form has been what we could reasonably hope to see in the league next year.

Even in the Europa league, Moses scored more goals / minutes than Torres. If I'm honest only Benfica was a quality team in that competition.

I am fairly certain. Take a normal jersey for 50 pounds. Whats VAT in England? 20%? If so 10 pounds are already off to the government. Leaves 40 pounds.

Production (including logistics) is around 12 pounds. 28 pounds left. 8-10 pounds win margin for the adidas. 18-20 pounds left.

Now come the win margin of the 3rd-party stores you sell it at or the whole distribution structure of your own store (net win would me higher by selling at your own store or online).

On top of that at the end of the year your income tax.

Plus something I probably can't think of right now.

There isn't more net win left than those 8-10 pounds net win. And that isn't a bad win margin in general

I am fairly certain. Take a normal jersey for 50 pounds. Whats VAT in England? 20%? If so 10 pounds are already off to the government. Leaves 40 pounds.

Production (including logistics) is around 12 pounds. 28 pounds left. 8-10 pounds win margin for the adidas. 18-20 pounds left.

Now come the win margin of the 3rd-party stores you sell it at or the whole distribution structure of your own store (net win would me higher by selling at your own store or online).

On top of that at the end of the year your income tax.

Plus something I probably can't think of right now.

There isn't more net win left than those 8-10 pounds net win. And that isn't a bad win margin in general

Won't Torres also get a share of the shirt sales money?

Why are people still defending Torres??

He is a busted flush and has been for three years now??

How much more mediocrity does one player have to show before you start to realise the truth that he simply dont have it anymore??

50M pound transfer fee, around 25M+ paid in wages and for what??

He has featured in 80 PL games for 15 goals.

Yes he has got a few in the Europa League against fairly mediocre sides but in domestic football who does he score against, none of the bigger sides thats fort sure. I remember one goal at Arsenal last season and that is about it. It is all well and good knocking in a couple of goals against lowe league opposition or relatively weak European opposition when you pay £50M you pay that to make the difference where it really matters the big games, the big competitions and quite simply Torres has been a mass dissapointment.

He simply aint the player he was at Liverpool for two years you could easily argue he was the best striker in the World, easily but he got his injuries and has never been the same. His mentality is fragile and I am sorry once it is gone, it is gone and it aint coming back.

It is a shame because he was simply electric but a combination of factors have led us to today, you cant keep defending a player based on reputation, it is performances that count and Torres has by and large been woeful for a long time now.

Guess the deal wasn't dead!

AGREEMENT REACHED FOR TRANSFER OF ANDRE SCHURRLE

Posted on: Thu 13 Jun 2013

Chelsea Football Club and Bayer 04 Leverkusen have reached an agreement for the transfer of André Schürrle, subject to the completion of legal documentation and related matters, including personal terms and passing a medical.