Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Official Chelsea FC Thread

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

I thought you played fantastically' date=' made things really difficult for us and were unlucky not to come away with something.[/quote']

It was big club syndrome. Same old story at a big clubs' ground.

No doubt you would've got that penalty if it were at the other end.

It was big club syndrome. Same old story at a big clubs' ground.

No doubt you would've got that penalty if it were at the other end.

Let's not start the ref bashing game, ref decisions go one way and the other way and it's just a really tiring topic (see Arsenal vs Aston Villa last week) that goes nowhere interesting. The game of football itself is way more interesting than reffing decisions, whether or not they're right or wrong. Creating conflicts from nothing is a standard technique in media because it makes their shows less boring but better just leave that sensationalism-seeking journalism to those pundits to preserve our sanity...

Let's not start the ref bashing game' date=' ref decisions go one way and the other way and it's just a really tiring topic (see Arsenal vs Aston Villa last week) that goes nowhere interesting. The game of football itself is way more interesting than reffing decisions, whether or not they're right or wrong. Creating conflicts from nothing is a standard technique in media because it makes their shows less boring but better just leave that sensationalism-seeking journalism to those pundits to preserve our sanity...[/quote']

Ref last night was worse than the Arsenal game.

As a neutral I hope you don't get Willian. You have so many attacking midfielders already, someone's gonna have to miss out if he goes to you.

Ref last night was worse than the Arsenal game.

As a neutral I hope you don't get Willian. You have so many attacking midfielders already' date=' someone's gonna have to miss out if he goes to you.[/quote']

Moses is going on loan to West Brom we believe.

Yeah heard this too.

Potentially Mata for Rooney, Willian in maybe? I wouldn't mind him so you Spurs get him but don't particularly want him to be honest & it would be a waste as don't think he's any better than the attackers we have.

Yeah heard this too.

Potentially Mata for Rooney' date=' Willian in maybe? I wouldn't mind him so you Spurs get him but don't particularly want him to be honest & it would be a waste as don't think he's any better than the attackers we have.[/quote']

Mata's going nowhere that link is dead.

Willian, Rooney, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle, Moses, De Bruyne, Torres, Ba, Lukaku and possibly Van Ginkel (don't know his best position:o) are your possible attackers...11/12 players for 4 positions...have fun keeping them happy Jose:p

Surely you won't be signing Willian and Rooney?:confused: Unless at least 2 are going out.

Don't think either will be an improvement on what you have, unless Rooney will play as an out and out striker.

Willian' date=' Rooney, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle, Moses, De Bruyne, Torres, Ba, Lukaku and possibly Van Ginkel (don't know his best position:o) are your possible attackers...11/12 players for 4 positions...have fun keeping them happy Jose:p

Surely you won't be signing Willian and Rooney?:confused: Unless at least 2 are going out.

Don't think either will be an improvement on what you have, unless Rooney will play as an out and out striker.[/quote']

Rooney would be a striker, but yes you're right, too many players. But then would rather have too many than not enough I guess.

Willian' date=' Rooney, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle, Moses, De Bruyne, Torres, Ba, Lukaku and possibly Van Ginkel (don't know his best position:o) are your possible attackers...11/12 players for 4 positions...have fun keeping them happy Jose:p

Don't think either will be an improvement on what you have, unless Rooney will play as an out and out striker.[/quote']

One of Mourinho's best qualities is actually being able to keep lots of players moderately happy even when they aren't starting. Hear a few of his former players talk about it (Vieira for example)

One of Mourinho's best qualities is actually being able to keep lots of players moderately happy even when they aren't starting. Hear a few of his former players talk about it (Vieira for example)

But then there are more recent examples at Real where he fell out with numerous players...

It all depends really whether they are happy enough to sit on the bench or play with the reserves whilst being paid mega money...which to be honest some players are...

But then there are more recent examples at Real where he fell out with numerous players...

It all depends really whether they are happy enough to sit on the bench or play with the reserves whilst being paid mega money...which to be honest some players are...

If the team wins, lots of people can get happy.

Also, most teams will have players who fall out with managers, especially if they don't play, and especially in an ego-infested team like Madrid. Talk about an impossible task. Most managers don't even manage to stay 3 years there.

Anyone remember 27 million quid for Wright-Phillips???

I'm pretty sure that it was £21 million, yeah... we didn't need him, he was partially signed so others couldn't sign him. He did play quite a lot though, Mou used to constantly rotate back then.

From what I've seen of Van Ginkel, he's more defensively minded.

I hope not, he impressed in pre-season and should be given a chance. Saying that, it's hard to make the bench at Chelsea.

Hopefully we don't sign Willian as well, I really like him but we don't need him.

I hope not' date=' he impressed in pre-season and should be given a chance. Saying that, it's hard to make the bench at Chelsea.

Hopefully we don't sign Willian as well, I really like him but we don't need him.[/quote']

Oscar and Hazard will take 2 of the 3 AM positions. Mata likely favorite for the 3rd position when back in form.

Schurrle and De Bruyne providing competition and back-up for these 3 positions which seems reasonable

Probably best Moses goes, ideally on loan but if not possible then he can go. If Willian joins...well especially then.

As for the three strikers, I think it's been well established that none of the three are good/ready enough to really make us happy about them starting for us. So for now we're substituting quality for quantity, which isn't ideal but still a better coping mechanism than just having 1 of them