Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Official Chelsea FC Thread

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

I'm pretty sure that it was £21 million' date=' yeah... we didn't need him, he was partially signed so others couldn't sign him. He did play quite a lot though, Mou used to constantly rotate back then.[/quote']

So the point stands - you buy players you don't need - so others can't...wow modern football eh?

So the point stands - you buy players you don't need - so others can't...wow modern football eh?

I haven't looked into this case but if people say that's the case then so be it.

It's a part of big business -- and football is a big business along with entertainment -- not something I like but there are lots of other things in life I don't like either.

Meh. Such is life. I rather focus on the good things than the bad things, football is just more enjoyable that way.

I'm pretty sure that it was £21 million' date=' yeah... [b']we didn't need him[/b], he was partially signed so others couldn't sign him. He did play quite a lot though, Mou used to constantly rotate back then.

Actually we did. He was signed to provide competition for Joe Cole. But Shaun just couldn't get ahead of him and as you said he played a lot due to Mourinho's rotation system.

This is for Dougie; the other 1st team wingers we had when Shaun signed were Robben and Duff (you could count Geremi as one but he's a "utility man" and was mainly used at right back). So no, we don't buy players that we don't need so others can't. :rolleyes: Just out of curiosity, who do you support?

This is for Dougie; the other 1st team wingers we had when Shaun signed were Robben and Duff (you could count Geremi as one but he's a "utility man" and was mainly used at right back). So no' date=' we don't buy players that we don't need so others can't. :rolleyes: Just out of curiosity, who do you support?[/quote']

Leeds Utd....

Still, you must admit Chelsea have wasted a lot of money - whatever the motivation for it. There have been times when it has looked to me that they have bought someone just to stop them going to a rival...but of course this would be a stupid way to run a football club....

Leeds Utd....

Still' date=' you must admit Chelsea have wasted a lot of money - whatever the motivation for it. There have been times when it has looked to [i']me[/i] that they have bought someone just to stop them going to a rival...but of course this would be a stupid way to run a football club....

From this thread and the Spurs one, we get that you find it annoying, but you are starting to sound a bit too obsessed mate.

Chelsea football club is what it is, everyone knows it, just like Man City and the sheiks, and Man Utd fans, they are what that are - I think its time to let it be dude.

From this thread and the Spurs one' date=' we get that you find it annoying, but you are starting to sound a bit too obsessed mate.

Chelsea football club is what it is, everyone knows it, just like Man City and the sheiks, and Man Utd fans, they are what that are - I think its time to let it be dude.[/quote']

Fair enough...I'll find another bone to chew on :o

Leeds Utd....

Still' date=' you must admit Chelsea have wasted a lot of money - whatever the motivation for it. There have been times when it has looked to [i']me[/i] that they have bought someone just to stop them going to a rival...but of course this would be a stupid way to run a football club....

The most common way in the world to get results is to throw a lot of money at it. The US does it all the time with its investments in military, science, etc. Not ideal, but that's the way the world works.

I care very little about judging others for their past mistakes. Learning from them is what matters.

As far as the current situation at Chelsea is concerned, I trust Mourinho knows what he's doing. If he does spend 30M on Willian (who is a pretty good player after all), I'm sure it's not just to prevent any other club from getting him. Whether that's a part of the consideration, I don't care to speculate, because barring a public comment from someone inside the team, we don't know. And really, I don't really care, if they have personal issues, that's their issue and has nothing to do with us.

This is such an unproductive and negative topic that we should just stop before it takes over the entire thread. Someone in Sky Sports punditry team with nothing better to do can take over with this rubbish.

I see a deal for Willian include you buy Eto'o aswell :eek::eek: ? That will be the end for Ba if it's true and then it'll also danger the backroom obviously because one of Torres,Lukaku and Eto'o will start to moan when they get benched for long period

I see a deal for Willian include you buy Eto'o aswell :eek::eek: ? That will be the end for Ba if it's true and then it'll also danger the backroom obviously because one of Torres' date='Lukaku and Eto'o will start to moan when they get benched for long period[/quote']

Wasn't Ba linked with Anzhi not long ago?

What do you guys think will happen with Lukaku? Surely he can't/won't be happy playing second or third fiddle when he proved last season that he is a capable and competent goalscorer. Wouldn't mind him at Arsenal to be honest.

Don't get your hopes up ;).

If Eto'o does sign, which I hope he doesn't, then a lot will depend on Ba and Torres. If there's a deal lined up to sell one of them then Lukaku will definitely stay, if not then he'll go out on loan, not sure where to though.

Terms agreed for Willian :)

Been thinking about this a lot and although I really like him as a player, this transfer just doesn't make sense. Yes, if Moses goes then it'll mean we'll have a back up for each of the 'attacking three' but not only will this result in less game time for the six which could lead to drops in form and a lack of momentum but it could also prevent players from breaking through like Piazon who's out on loan.

I don't think we really need a striker either: Torres, Ba and Lukaku should be able to compete and push each other. If Eto'o does join, then I hope Ba goes, he was pretty average last season, was poor during pre-season and didn't play well against Aston Villa either. Plus he's a lot easier to sell than Torres and doesn't have the same marketability.

Chelsea XI v United: Cech' date=' Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, De Bruyne, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle.

So no "proper" striker starting. Hmmm....[/quote']

I got annoyed when they said no striker playing for Chelsea Schurrle is more than capable of playing as a mobile attacker.

I got annoyed when they said no striker playing for Chelsea Schurrle is more than capable of playing as a mobile attacker.

Not really, most of the time he has played as a left winger/second striker.