Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Official Chelsea FC Thread

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Lukaku doesn't get that anyway seemingly and Eto'o's arrival will only push him further down the pecking order. That' date=' and he'll see it as players being bought in in front of him despite him thinking he's good enough for this level given his performances last season at WBA. Surely that would push him to leave. Likewise your glut of AMs - you can't possibly give them all the playing time they want.

As I said when he was hired, Mourinho likes star players and will undo all the good work bringing talented youngsters to the club.[/quote']

Looks like Demba will leave on loan, as will Moses. Atsu most likely aswell.

Pot 2

Atletico Madrid (Esp)

Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukr)

AC Milan (Ita)

Schalke (Ger)

Marseille (Fra)

CSKA Moscow (Rus)

Paris St-Germain (Fra)

Juventus (Ita)

Pot 3

Zenit St Petersburg (Rus)

Manchester City (Eng)

Ajax (Ned)

Borussia Dortmund (Ger)

Basel (Sui)

Olympiacos (Gre)

Galatasaray (Tur)

Bayer Leverkusen (Ger)

Pot 4

FC Copenhagen (Den)

Napoli (Ita)

Anderlecht (Bel)

Celtic (Sco)

Steaua Bucharest (Rom)

Viktoria Plzen (Cze)

Real Sociedad (Esp)

Austria Vienna (Aut)

Pots for draw. For me it would have to be Schalke, Olympiacos and Viktoria Plzen.

Worst draw would be Juventus, Dortmund and Napoli.

Why is it ridiculous?

Because Lukaku's just come back from a very successful year on loan at WBA and even before Eto'o's arrival, was seemingly behind Torres, Ba and Schurrle for the striker spot.

What's the point in buying up talented kids and giving them experience on loan if you're going to continue buying superstars to block their path to the first team?

Because Lukaku's just come back from a very successful year on loan at WBA and even before Eto'o's arrival' date=' was seemingly behind Torres, Ba and Schurrle for the striker spot.

What's the point in buying up talented kids and giving them experience on loan if you're going to continue buying superstars to block their path to the first team?[/quote']

Sorry what? From a City fan?

Last player to come through to challenge for a first team spot in your team was Joe Hart was it not? Even when you buy youngsters (Rodwell) they never play

Sorry what? From a City fan?

Last player to come through to challenge for a first team spot in your team was Joe Hart was it not? Even when you buy youngsters (Rodwell) they never play

We rarely bought youngsters as we were doing what Chelsea did when Abramovich first took over - buying an expensive squad that can compete for the domestic title (and hopefully in Europe).

Rodwell has barely played because he's barely fit. Nastasic was a regular first team player at 19 last season.

Well stu I completely agree with you that its Ridiculous to buy Eto'o but you then need to accept that City are on the same line as Chelsea are

Denis Suarez deserved a shot so did Rekik and Guidetti as well but what you have done is buy Fernandinho,Negredo and Possibly Demichellis and Mangala.

We rarely bought youngsters as we were doing what Chelsea did when Abramovich first took over - buying an expensive squad that can compete for the domestic title (and hopefully in Europe).

Rodwell has barely played because he's barely fit. Nastasic was a regular first team player at 19 last season.

Therefore I don't think you have much grounds to criticise Chelsea signing Eto'o.

I agree that Lukaku should be given a chance (talk of Ba going so he might still), but it seems slightly hypocritical for you to call them out on it as a City fan given their transfer policy recently.

Well stu I completely agree with you that its Ridiculous to buy Eto'o but you then need to accept that City are on the same line as Chelsea are

Denis Suarez deserved a shot so did Rekik and Guidetti as well but what you have done is buy Fernandinho' date='Negredo and Possibly Demichellis and Mangala.[/quote']

Suarez deserved a shot but Mancini wouldn't consider promoting from the academy. Pellegrini walked in to a talented youngster going into the final year of his contract, wanted by Barcelona and rightly thought it'd be better to get some money for him than risking him going for free next summer.

Rekik's now having his spell out on loan and I'd expect him to replace Lescott in the squad next summer. Demichelis and Mangala would be replacements for Kolo who we haven't covered, leaving us extremely short in defence as we saw against Cardiff. Guidetti's not been fit since returning from loan at Feyenoord.

BS2DCOkCcAACHXd.jpg

Ridiculous.

Wanted him years ago' date=' will still take him now.

Now shift Ba out.

You brought Nastasic, John Terry was 18 when he made his debut for us :P

Because Lukaku's just come back from a very successful year on loan at WBA and even before Eto'o's arrival' date=' was seemingly behind Torres, Ba and Schurrle for the striker spot.

What's the point in buying up talented kids and giving them experience on loan if you're going to continue buying superstars to block their path to the first team?[/quote']

Only a one year deal.

Chelsea will likely sell Ba or Torres (Or atleast loan one out). Lukaku was good last season but Mourinho has never really been on to develop youth. He had a great time together with Eto at Inter, and if they want success now then I think its an awesome signing.

Signing of Willian was more ridiculous than this. They have enough creative midfielders, but no world class striker

Suarez deserved a shot but Mancini wouldn't consider promoting from the academy. Pellegrini walked in to a talented youngster going into the final year of his contract' date=' wanted by Barcelona and rightly thought it'd be better to get some money for him than risking him going for free next summer.

Rekik's now having his spell out on loan and I'd expect him to replace Lescott in the squad next summer. Demichelis and Mangala would be replacements for Kolo who we haven't covered, leaving us extremely short in defence as we saw against Cardiff. Guidetti's not been fit since returning from loan at Feyenoord.[/quote']

you cant Criticize Chelsea for what you said in Bold whoever the manager maybe.

Rekik would have been an excellent cover.

Do you think Buying Negredo gives Guidetti a chance even when he returns?

Pot 2

Atletico Madrid (Esp)

Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukr)

AC Milan (Ita)

Schalke (Ger)

Marseille (Fra)

CSKA Moscow (Rus)

Paris St-Germain (Fra)

Juventus (Ita)

Pot 3

Zenit St Petersburg (Rus)

Manchester City (Eng)

Ajax (Ned)

Borussia Dortmund (Ger)

Basel (Sui)

Olympiacos (Gre)

Galatasaray (Tur)

Bayer Leverkusen (Ger)

Pot 4

FC Copenhagen (Den)

Napoli (Ita)

Anderlecht (Bel)

Celtic (Sco)

Steaua Bucharest (Rom)

Viktoria Plzen (Cze)

Real Sociedad (Esp)

Austria Vienna (Aut)

Pots for draw. For me it would have to be Schalke' date=' Olympiacos and Viktoria Plzen.

Worst draw would be Juventus, Dortmund and Napoli.[/quote']

Can't have Juve and Napoli in the same group.

Only a one year deal.

Chelsea will likely sell Ba or Torres (Or atleast loan one out). Lukaku was good last season but Mourinho has never really been on to develop youth. He had a great time together with Eto at Inter' date=' and if they want success now then I think its an awesome signing.

Signing of Willian was more ridiculous than this. They have enough creative midfielders, but no world class striker[/quote']

Lukaku's hardly going to be happy with Chelsea signing another forward in his path to the first team when he impressed so much last season. I'd imagine he's pretty annoyed anyway to have not been played so far this season.

I agree that Willian was a more ridiculous buy though.

you cant Criticize Chelsea for what you said in Bold whoever the manager maybe.

Rekik would have been an excellent cover.

Do you think Buying Negredo gives Guidetti a chance even when he returns?

I can. Mancini was partly fired for not promoting youth.

Rekik could have been cover behind Nastasic and Lescott or he could be getting top level experience at PSV. Much wiser to send him on loan.

Guidetti's 4th choice up front which is fine for a club at our level and a player who hasn't yet delivered in the PL who is recovering from a major injury/illness.

Only a one year deal.

Chelsea will likely sell Ba or Torres (Or atleast loan one out). Lukaku was good last season but Mourinho has never really been on to develop youth. He had a great time together with Eto at Inter' date=' and if they want success now then I think its an awesome signing.

Signing of Willian was more ridiculous than this. They have enough creative midfielders, but no world class striker[/quote']

This is true point for me too. Eto'o still world class striker,better than Ba (who was always only going to be short term signing as only Torres available as striker in last season before he come). Torres at Chelsea just.... so it makes sense Eto'o coming. Lukaku always will have some competition in Chelsea,and i'm more than happy to see him unhappy and maybe he wants to do a Sturridge :D

This is true point for me too. Eto'o still world class striker' date='better than Ba (who was always only going to be short term signing as only Torres available as striker in last season before he come). Torres at Chelsea just.... so it makes sense Eto'o coming. Lukaku always will have some competition in Chelsea,and i'm more than happy to see him unhappy and maybe he wants to do a Sturridge :D[/quote']

He's going to have to develop youth. Oscar, Hazard , De Bruyne, Lukaku, Azpi are all still very young.

I do find your Anger slightly ironic......

You tout this holistic approach and then you get an injury crisis at CB so what are you doing giving a younger player a chance, promoting from within nope by the looks of it going to buy a 32yr old defender on a short term deal to plug a gap and do a job. it really is no different.

Chelsea are just doing the same with Eto clearly Mourinho thinks he needs that additional option and he has nobody within the club at the required level to do the job. Ba looks to be on his way out, and with the amount of games Chelsea have to play understandable they want three strikers at least.

it is the AM area where it is clearly ridiculous and verges on player hogging.