Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

67-Eden Hazard has created 67 chances in PL this season,the most across europe's top 5 leagues.

64-Eden Hazard is the most fouled player in the PL this season with 64 fouls suffered.

81-Eden Hazard has completed 81 successful dribbles in PL this season the highest across Europe's top 5 league.

I cant belive you think Hazard just started to do great , he was awesome from day 1 in EPL ,he is by far the biggest talent in EPL .

Agree with those who see him as future ballon d'or winner ,only one from EPL now who also can aspire to ballon d'or is Aguero and he is a bit of injury prone lately .

Jose is making a fair point about this being his first season at the club and that his teams are usually better during the 2nd season.

Arsenal has been together for some time.

City is just a superior team

Of course JM exaggerates a little but I really don't think we're favorites this season. When the top 4 was still in a pack, I thought City was most likely to win, then Arsenal, then us. Liverpool I didn't think would stick the whole way due to the dearth of depth in their squad.

Jose is making a fair point about this being his first season at the club and that his teams are usually better during the 2nd season.

Of course JM exaggerates a little but I really don't think we're favorites this season. When the top 4 was still in a pack' date=' I thought City was most likely to win, then Arsenal, then us. Liverpool I didn't think would stick the whole way due to the dearth of depth in their squad.[/quote']

My God, you even buy Jose's bull...

If the first season argument applies to Mourinho, then why not Pellegrini?

And our team isn't superior to yours. Take out the strikers and you're at least matching us man for man. Our strikers just help us score 4 goals rather than 2, but either can win you a game.

Of course JM exaggerates a little but I really don't think we're favorites this season. When the top 4 was still in a pack' date=' I thought City was most likely to win, then Arsenal, then us. Liverpool I didn't think would stick the whole way due to the dearth of depth in their squad.[/quote']

To be fair though its Pellegrini's first 'ever' season in the prem, Jose at lest has experience in this league and also knows the club inside out he has joined and still has a few players he actually signed the first time around.

Both I think have as many new signings just about as each other, and both squads are totally loaded with top, top players.

Both teams really should be challenging for the title - as they are doing currently.

My God' date=' you even buy Jose's bull...

If the first season argument applies to Mourinho, then why not Pellegrini?

And our team isn't superior to yours. Take out the strikers and you're at least matching us man for man. Our strikers just help us score 4 goals rather than 2, but either can win you a game.[/quote']

i just think your team players better - it's a compliment, just take it

we squeeze tactical victories but don't have your performances

To be fair though its Pellegrini's first 'ever' season in the prem' date=' Jose at lest has experience in this league and also knows the club inside out he has joined and still has a few players he actually signed the first time around.

Both I think have as many new signings just about as each other, and both squads are totally loaded with top, top players.

Both teams really should be challenging for the title - as they are doing currently.[/quote']

i just think city has played better this season and are thus favorites over us to win the title. and i feel arsenal is quite strong too.

i just think your team players better - it's a compliment' date=' just take it

we squeeze tactical victories but don't have your performances[/quote']

i just think city has played better this season and are thus favorites over us to win the title. and i feel arsenal is quite strong too.

Yeah I agree City have looked awsome in spells, but doesn't that also go back to the debate we was having previously about manager styles?

City do play a very attacking brand of football, Chelsea do not because its never really been Jose's way of playing.

When you look at some of the attacking players you have you have as good as anybody, especially the Attacking Midfielders.

Yeah I agree City have looked awsome in spells' date=' but doesn't that also go back to the debate we was having previously about manager styles?

City do play a very attacking brand of football, Chelsea do not because its never really been Jose's way of playing.

When you look at some of the attacking players you have you have as good as anybody, especially the Attacking Midfielders.[/quote']

i wasn't going to bring this up but mentally i went through the positions and came up with this

att - man city wins by far, think we can all agree on that

am (lrc)- silva, nasri, navas vs hazard, oscar and meh players (willian and non-performers) - i'd call it even only because hazard is so excellent. oscar has quieted down over the course of the season and willian i wouldn't consider a consistent game-changer. flashes only.

cm/dm - toure, fernadinho vs matic, ramires - we're definitely not ahead, and probably behind

def - we'll call it even? i don't know how to measure this.

gk - we'll take this probably

i don't think our squad is better by any measure really.

city also play better, which fits better in a league format. i still consider them (and arsenal?) favorites to win the epl this season. they might struggle in big games sometimes but it works just fine in the league.

i wasn't going to bring this up but mentally i went through the positions and came up with this

att - man city wins by far' date=' think we can all agree on that

am (lrc)- silva, nasri, navas vs hazard, oscar and meh players (willian and non-performers) - i'd call it even only because hazard is so excellent. oscar has quieted down over the course of the season and willian i wouldn't consider a consistent game-changer. flashes only.

cm/dm - toure, fernadinho vs matic, ramires - we're definitely not ahead, and probably behind

def - we'll call it even? i don't know how to measure this.

gk - we'll take this probably

i don't think our squad is better by any measure really.

.[/quote']

Yeah I think I agree on most the above, although until Mata was sold I would say your AMC's were defo better, plus Nasri is out for months.

In Jose's defense as well, had your strikers been putting away even a small % of the chances you have created in some games you would have been well ahead in some games, which of course brings more confidence and also gives you more freedom to attack without needing to worry too much.

I would have used Lukaku personally, I reckon he would have done a much better job than Torres and Ba, hes such a pest to play against and a massive areal threat.

I thought his ability to hold up the ball would have suited hazard and co as well.

Jose clearly knows he has a squad which is capable of winning the league. I have no idea why he's playing his chances down. Normally he'd say that his side have a chance of winning' date=' what has happened with Jose?[/quote']

I have a theory, but I don't know if it's true, in this case.

Some managers use to have 2 different communication approaches. For instance, the manager can say to the media that his team isn't a contender for a competition. But when he arrives at the dressing room, he tells his players they have what it takes to win that competition.

Mourinho may be trying to get pressure off his team and put it on the other clubs, that (in this particular case) fight for the title.

I think City's squad is a little better than Chelsea's. However, Chelsea's squad is still superior to Arsenal's.

Chelsea aren't the main PL title contenders imo, but they obviously can't be considered underdogs, as well. ;)

well' date=' maybe JM has learned from us scandis and started being humble at times. not at all times mind you but just keeping it in his repertoire to be used sometimes :D[/quote']

Well mate, if Mourinho is really being humble, I don't think it will last long.

I mean, I'm a big fan of Mourinho (not because he's Portuguese), but I don't believe his ego can take much more humility. :P

Well mate' date=' if Mourinho is really being humble, I don't think it will last long.

I mean, I'm a big fan of Mourinho (not because he's Portuguese), but I don't believe his ego can take much more humility. :P[/quote']

see, i actually think JM is telling you his honest opinion here. you might disagree but in any case it's less of a mind game than people think, and more close to what he really believes (earlier in the season he probably would've wanted to come out at times and say the team is crap but he had to maintain the team's confidence. now he can finally say it...)

there are times when he goes on his show mode but it wasn't during that interview. when he is being contemplative, he generally tells the truth. when he is in a post-match interview after a bad result or a ref decision he's not happy with, he might do his truth-stretching.

other managers like post-match excuses too (arsene? :D)

see' date=' i actually think JM is telling you his honest opinion here. you might disagree but in any case it's less of a mind game than people think, and more close to what he really believes (earlier in the season he probably would've wanted to come out at times and say the team is crap but he had to maintain the team's confidence. now he can finally say it...)

there are times when he goes on his show mode but it wasn't during that interview. when he is being contemplative, he generally tells the truth. when he is in a post-match interview after a bad result or a ref decision he's not happy with, he might do his truth-stretching.

other managers like post-match excuses too (arsene? :D)[/quote']

Haha, you gave a good example (Wenger). :D

Nevertheless, in terms of mind games, Mourinho puts Arsène in a pocket.

It's nothing against Arsenal or anything, but I never liked Wenger: he's a cry baby.

Sure Mourinho also whines considerably, but he's an interesting person to listen to.

Every time Wenger opens his mouth, something boring comes out. :o:)

Haha' date=' you gave a good example (Wenger). :D

Nevertheless, in terms of mind games, Mourinho puts Arsène in a pocket.

It's nothing against Arsenal or anything, but I never liked Wenger: he's a cry baby.

Sure Mourinho also whines considerably, but he's an interesting person to listen to.

Every time Wenger opens his mouth, something boring comes out. :o:)[/quote']

oh yeah, i have no idea what wenger is trying to achieve most times when he talks. seems like he does fine managing a team and scouting players though and he has lots of experience.

mourinho is like a spin doctor from politics, which is why i guess i sympathize with him (i see this behavior more often, which means it doesn't rub me off the wrong way). but i've also noticed he does less of it nowadays than before...probably for selfish reasons really...spinning and lying on everything is energy-consuming, and he'd probably just like to have a nicer life

oh yeah' date=' i have no idea what wenger is trying to achieve most times when he talks. seems like he does fine managing a team and scouting players though and he has lots of experience.

mourinho is like a spin doctor from politics, which is why i guess i sympathize with him (i see this behavior more often, which means it doesn't rub me off the wrong way). but i've also noticed he does less of it nowadays than before...probably for selfish reasons really...spinning and lying on everything is energy-consuming, and he'd probably just like to have a nicer life[/quote']

At the end of the day, I think there are only 2 ways to look at Mourinho:

- you simply don't like him (due to "peculiar" personality and conduct);

- or you just sit back and enjoy listenning to what he has to say. You know he's gonna get on the opponents' nerves, but if I was a supporter of one of Chelsea's rivals, I'd simply don't care about what he says.

One way or the other, I believe Mourinho is one of those guys, who makes football more interesting. ;)

At the end of the day' date=' I think there are only 2 ways to look at Mourinho:

- you simply don't like him (due to "peculiar" personality and conduct);

- or you just sit back and enjoy listenning to what he has to say. You know he's gonna get on the opponents' nerves, but if I was a supporter of one of Chelsea's rivals, I'd simply don't care about what he says.

One way or the other, I believe Mourinho is one of those guys, who makes football more interesting. ;)[/quote']

yeah of course, it's pretty easy to counter JM's politics really. in politics you see far worse mudslinging - since JM is only a part time politician his skills just aren't as honed.

but within football his political skills are outstanding.

yeah of course' date=' it's pretty easy to counter JM's politics really. in politics you see far worse mudslinging - since JM is only a part time politician his skills just aren't as honed.

but within football his political skills are outstanding.[/quote']

It's an nice analogy (with politics).

But like you mentioned before, I think he's less provocative than when he came to Chelsea for the 1st time.

It's an nice analogy (with politics).

But like you mentioned before' date=' I think he's less provocative than when he came to Chelsea for the 1st time.[/quote']

yup. he doesn't feel the need to assert himself as much anymore given his stellar reputation. he's also getting on in years so he might not want to expend so much of his energy on impressions anymore.

and yes, everything in life is full of politics, for better or for worse - ranging from anything from politics at the highest levels of business, sports, and government to the petty office politics everyone has to play... :)

Chelsea team v Newcastle: Cech; Ivanovic' date=' Cahill, Luiz, Azpilicueta, Matic, Lampard; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Eto’o.

Subs: Schwarzer, Cole, Mikel, Ramires, Schurrle, Salah, Ba.

John Terry misses his 1st premier League game of the season due to injury.[/quote']

Pleased with the team, hopefully Salah gets a few minutes.