Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Well done knew it was not gunna be our day the moment Stevie slipped over but credit to you' date=' you done what you do better than any other side in world football defend with great organisation and character.[/quote']

At least you have some dignity,unlike some of my Liverpool mates...;)

Managed to watch the second half on the hotel thanks to a Greek/Spanish/German channel and so glad I did.

They didn't show the Ba goal til the 65th minute and up until then I wondered why Gerrard was trying to shoot at every opportunity, actually feel for him (only a tad mind).

Have to say Jose got it spot on today, defending fantastically - really chuffed.

Also liked seeing Ba upfront - he goes for every long ball and wins 90% of them, & causes issue for the defender on the other 10%.

Thought Schwarzer was great, so much more confidence in him than Hilarious.

I thought Torres could have easily rounded Mignolet but fair play to him for being so unselfish.

Thought Chelsea deserved there win and defending excellently for the whole match.

It wasn't a 'tactical' masterclass mind :P , the 'lesser' teams in the league have been coming to Anfield with that tactic for years and going away with 0-0's and 0-1 wins, Obviously Chelsea have far greater players than those sides both in defense and on the counter attack, but putting 10 behind the ball and wasting time at every chance is not really a tactical masterclass.

Villa are a great example of doing something 'different' through tactics when they came to Anfield, they could have been 4-0 up by half time we just couldn't cope with the system they played against us.

Not taking anything away from Chelsea, as I said they defending brilliantly and it's not easy keeping that focus for 90mins, they fully deserved to win the game.

At least you have some dignity' date='unlike some of my Liverpool mates...;)[/quote']

I accept winning and defeat in the same way and give credit where it is due, your players deserve credit for the commitment and charachter shown although like Neller talk of a tactical master class is somewhat overhyped, teams parking the bus and hoping to hit on the counter is not something we have never seen before or reinventing the wheel is it??

But what you did you did well and deserve credit. TBH I doubt we would see any of the Chelsea fans on this forum offering congratulations if it was the other way round(perhaps bar Ash) or accepting defeat with such grace.

Perhaps a lesson your manager might want to learn yet again refusing to shake another manager's hand .....disgraceful lack of respect to a man who has shown him nothing but respect.

Thought Chelsea deserved there win and defending excellently for the whole match.

It wasn't a 'tactical' masterclass mind :P ' date=' the 'lesser' teams in the league have been coming to Anfield with that tactic for years and going away with 0-0's and 0-1 wins, Obviously Chelsea have far greater players than those sides both in defense and on the counter attack, but putting 10 behind the ball and wasting time at every chance is not really a tactical masterclass.

Villa are a great example of doing something 'different' through tactics when they came to Anfield, they could have been 4-0 up by half time we just couldn't cope with the system they played against us.

Not taking anything away from Chelsea, as I said they defending brilliantly and it's not easy keeping that focus for 90mins, they fully deserved to win the game.[/quote']

In fairness we should have had a pen,Kalas should have scored.Liverpool I thought huffed and puffed,and their tactic seemed to be, run fast at the opposition and hope Suarez does something.Rodgers seems to be annoyed that Jose devised a plan to deal with that...

The Everton/City game is pivotal next weekend,if City win,I think they take the title,if they don't win,then it will be interesting to see if Pool can deal with going to Palace and getting the win..

I accept winning and defeat in the same way and give credit where it is due' date=' your players deserve credit for the commitment and charachter shown although like Neller talk of a tactical master class is somewhat overhyped, teams parking the bus and hoping to hit on the counter is not something we have never seen before or reinventing the wheel is it??

But what you did you did well and deserve credit. TBH I doubt we would see any of the Chelsea fans on this forum offering congratulations if it was the other way round(perhaps bar Ash) or accepting defeat with such grace.

Perhaps a lesson your manager might want to learn yet again refusing to shake another manager's hand .....disgraceful lack of respect to a man who has shown him nothing but respect.[/quote']

Couldn't for example Arsenal learn from that though? I mean ye were 4up at half time against them,as were Chelsea,City scored 6 at home to them and they were hammered by Everton.Very naive stuff,especially after the first hammering! Chelsea are a good organized team and with better attacking players,they could be a serious outfit

Couldn't for example Arsenal learn from that though? I mean ye were 4up at half time against them' date='as were Chelsea,City scored 6 at home to them and they were hammered by Everton.Very naive stuff,especially after the first hammering! Chelsea are a good organized team and [b']with better attacking players,they could be a serious outfit[/b]

This really annoys me. You have a host of talented attacking players at your disposal. Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Eto'o, Salah, Schurrle, Torres and De Bruyne and Mata for half a season. That's second only to City IMO in the league.

Mourinho's brainwashed you all into thinking that your attack is sterile when in fact it's his negative tactics. You had the same players last season and nobody was complaining then.

A lot of my Liverpool mates are so bitter I must say' date='but this was a masterclass from Jose,especially when you are missing so many,a special mention for Kalas,as it was his full debut in a huge game[/quote']

Definitely wasn't a master class.

I don't buy this 'tactical master class' whatsoever. Jose came and put ten men behind the ball and wasted time. That's hardly a master class. Just because it's Mourinho the media claim it to be the best thing since sliced bread.

It was incredibly negative and defensive, whatever anyone says. That said, they clearly had a game plan and executed it near perfectly. But it was by no stretch a master class.

If Sam Allardyce had come to Anfield and done that he would've been lambasted for it. I remember something similar happening at Stamford Bridge and Mourinho wasn't exactly complimentary of West Ham's tactics was he?