Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Difference being that Chelsea lack a game-changer' date='or a striker who can do something special when teams play like this..[/quote']

They do have (had) players like Hazard or Mata who could be their game-changer, but when they have an off day or short of ideas and the opponents are well drilled, bolting the door shut, nothing will go through bar a mistake or a moment of brilliance.

Chelsea were well drilled, almost no errors and Liverpool couldn't create much chances or brilliance, not against an organised defence.

They do have (had) players like Hazard or Mata who could be their game-changer' date=' but when they have an off day or short of ideas and the opponents are well drilled, bolting the door shut, nothing will go through bar a mistake or a moment of brilliance.

Chelsea were well drilled, almost no errors and Liverpool couldn't create much chances or brilliance, not against an organised defence.[/quote']

In terms of a centre forward,I meant

Difference being that Chelsea lack a game-changer' date='or a striker who can do something special when teams play like this..[/quote']

While I do and will continue to bemoan (rightly or wrongly) our striker situation, Eto'o hattrick vs Utd did spring to mind when I read this.

Next time you answer' date=' don't refer to Chelsea as "your team". I don't support them, I simply acknowledge their achievements today. And their team was far from their strongest team, missing the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Cahill (starting), Terry, etc. That isn't particularly reassuring when you're coming up against a formidable opponent. So no, it wasn't "only Kalas" who might have a question mark above his name. It was all in all a very experimental squad.

And do you ever see a team play otherwise against possession-hogging opponents like Barcelona and Bayern? They simply don't let you play different, and if you can't see that, you really need to get you eyesight checked. Atl├ętico and Liverpool was due to injuries and lack of time for a decent recovery. You can't blame him there either.

I never said Mourinho used a "wondrous tactic" today. He played an experimental XI with which most managers would have failed. I also never said that I find his game attractive, to the contrary, I mostly find his game boring too, but what he did today was a real masterclass, and that has to be said.[/quote']

It was by no means a weak team.

I can't be bothered to count the amount of PL/CL/EL/FA Cup winners medals there were in Chelsea's line up yesterday but I'd hedge a bet that all but one (Kalas) has at least one medal from the above list.

I'm amazed at the level people have been brainwashed by Mourinho into thinking he played a weak team. Just because it wasn't his first XI doesn't make it weak by any stretch of the imagination

Love this a lot!

F798B057-5997-4AC7-A5DA-C3ABF9E58905_zpstfvkliao.jpg

Whilst I won't doubt the validity of this table in the current discussion, I would like to point out that of those teams, Chelsea are arguably the only ones not to have at least one 'poor' season whilst Mourinho has been in charge of them.

City were at the start of their chuckling money everywhere plan in 2005.

Liverpool were on a slide from 2008/9 onwards.

Man United have been beyond poor this season.

Everton and Spurs are never really expected to beat Chelsea

And Arsenal are consistently average against the top four.

That said, it must be applauded that Chelsea (under Mourinho) haven't slumped at all when all those around them have done to one extent or another.

Anyway going to be a tough and really interesting game on wednesday..Atletico look like they are gonna win La Liga,what a season they are having.. They as strong defensively as Chelsea,but have Diego Costa up top.. I think we need to get at them at a high-tempo early on if we can,and vital we score the first goal,because they if they score first it will be almost impossible...

Whilst I won't doubt the validity of this table in the current discussion' date=' I would like to point out that of those teams, Chelsea are arguably the only ones not to have at least one 'poor' season whilst Mourinho has been in charge of them.

City were at the start of their chuckling money everywhere plan in 2005.

Liverpool were on a slide from 2008/9 onwards.

Man United have been beyond poor this season.

Everton and Spurs are never really expected to beat Chelsea

And Arsenal are consistently average against the top four.

That said, it must be applauded that Chelsea (under Mourinho) haven't slumped at all when all those around them have done to one extent or another.[/quote']

Put it this way, Mourinho is a big game manager, the pre-match mind games, matchday talk, tactics and instructions, post match interviews, he is up for it like it or not.

Chelsea captain John Terry, goalkeeper Petr Cech and attackers Eden Hazard and Samuel Eto'o all took part in training ahead of Wednesday's Champions League semi-final second-leg clash with Atletico Madrid.

Really positive signs, not sure if Terry or Cech will make the game, but looking good if we progress, thought it was season over for both.

Put it this way' date=' Mourinho is a big game manager, the pre-match mind games, matchday talk, tactics and instructions, post match interviews, he is up for it like it or not.[/quote']

But if you counter balance that argument then he drops way more points against weaker opposition than he should. You've lost to Sunderland, Palace and Villa recently, which ultimately has probably lost you the title this season.

Also something I'd like to point out... The last goal against Liverpool, Torres, a 50m striker doesn't feel confident to score himself in a 2-1 situation with no pressure from defenders? Or he just didn't want to score against Liverpool... Either way, he needs to go this summer without a doubt.

But if you counter balance that argument then he drops way more points against weaker opposition than he should. You've lost to Sunderland' date=' Palace and Villa recently, which ultimately has probably lost you the title this season.

Also something I'd like to point out... The last goal against Liverpool, Torres, a 50m striker doesn't feel confident to score himself in a 2-1 situation with no pressure from defenders? Or he just didn't want to score against Liverpool... Either way, he needs to go this summer without a doubt.[/quote']

Yes I did make the point (probably in another thread) that when other teams play the same style against Chelsea, Mourinho will cry foul, eg West Ham. In the past Liverpool too were big game teams, beating United and Arsenal, only to lose to clubs lower than them in the league.

As the earlier image showed, yes you could have the best head to head against your fellow challengers, but if you cannot beat the majority of the league, you don't deserve the title, as per United.

Yes, Torres is in a goal drought if I am not mistaken, so he needs to go even if he scores that.

Yes I did make the point (probably in another thread) that when other teams play the same style against Chelsea' date=' Mourinho will cry foul, eg West Ham. In the past Liverpool too were big game teams, beating United and Arsenal, only to lose to clubs lower than them in the league.

As the earlier image showed, yes you could have the best head to head against your fellow challengers, but if you cannot beat the majority of the league, you don't deserve the title, as per United.

Yes, Torres is in a goal drought if I am not mistaken, so he needs to go even if he scores that.[/quote']

If he was/is on a goal drought, 1 v 2 with no pressure from any defenders you'd think he would take that on himself. Feint pass, dummy the keeper and pass into the net.

But if you counter balance that argument then he drops way more points against weaker opposition than he should. You've lost to Sunderland' date=' Palace and Villa recently, which ultimately has probably lost you the title this season.

Also something I'd like to point out... The last goal against Liverpool, Torres, a 50m striker doesn't feel confident to score himself in a 2-1 situation with no pressure from defenders? Or he just didn't want to score against Liverpool... Either way, he needs to go this summer without a doubt.[/quote']

He needs to go in the summer for sure,however he did the right thing to draw the keeper and pass it to Willian

[b']Also something I'd like to point out... The last goal against Liverpool, Torres, a 50m striker doesn't feel confident to score himself in a 2-1 situation with no pressure from defenders? Or he just didn't want to score against Liverpool... Either way, he needs to go this summer without a doubt[/b].

That's completely idiotic. He made the right decision, had he missed it could have cost us the game.

[b']Also something I'd like to point out... The last goal against Liverpool, Torres, a 50m striker doesn't feel confident to score himself in a 2-1 situation with no pressure from defenders? Or he just didn't want to score against Liverpool... Either way, he needs to go this summer without a doubt.[/b]

That is something which I will shout out and disagree. It was the most unselfish, most brilliant act I have seen from Torres in the Chelsea jersey that I stood up in respect for him. Its really a mean thing to say that. The goal was his - just if he was selfish and changed the direction of the pass towards the net.

Yes, he may have done the right thing but any professional striker (never mind one with a 50m price tag over his head) should have the confidence to score in any 1 v 1 (or 2) situation. If that was Torres in a Liverpool Jersey he would of rounded the keeper and passed it in. For a striker in dire need of a goal or two, a pass shouldn't even have crossed his mind.

Yes' date=' he may have done the right thing but any professional striker (never mind one with a 50m price tag over his head) should have the confidence to score in any 1 v 1 (or 2) situation. If that was Torres in a Liverpool Jersey he would of rounded the keeper and passed it in. For a striker in dire need of a goal or two, a pass shouldn't even have crossed his mind.[/quote']

Thats the point. He could have got that goal to ease pressure on himself but he rather thought for the team. And thats something very little strikers can do. After as the dialouge from Goal says and I qoute "The name in front of the jersey is far more important than the name at the back of the jersey"

Thats the point. He could have got that goal to ease pressure on himself but he rather thought for the team. And thats something very little strikers can do. After as the dialouge from Goal says and I qoute "The name in front of the jersey is far more important than the name at the back of the jersey"

It's not just team play... 99% of good strikers would of scored that themselves and if Torres played that run in training he would score every time. He is a striker and he gets paid to score goals...that chance is as easy as they come and all that money and he doesn't feel confident in himself to score a clear 1 v 1...? The man is and has been a pathetic excuse of a footballer since his move to Chelsea. He was one of (my favourite players) and one of the most feared strikers on the planet in a Liverpool shirt.

It's not just team play... 99% of good strikers would of scored that themselves and if Torres played that run in training he would score every time. He is a striker and he gets paid to score goals...that chance is as easy as they come and all that money and he doesn't feel confident in himself to score a clear 1 v 1...? The man is and has been a pathetic excuse of a footballer since his move to Chelsea. He was one of (my favourite players) and one of the most feared strikers on the planet in a Liverpool shirt.

Chelsea have a glorified history of ruining attacking players and with regards Torres I said over three years ago he was shot but they have never ever played to his strengths which in no way absolves him of his pretty dire record but it is a factor, but I can't agree with you here Torres done exactly the right thing on Sunday.

Imagine if he shot knowing if he passes Willian walks it in, Mignolet saves Liverpool go up the other end and equalise he would have been lambasted from here to kingdom come. If I was a Chelsea fan (which in itself is about as disgusting a thought as it gets :)) and he done that I would be incredibly annoyed.

Team glory first not personal glory, he done what was right for Chelsea, not himself.