Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

No point debating with Ash lately he has got his head so far up Lampard's and Mourinho's backside it is untrue...

Anyway Diego Costa passes Medical at Chelsea......

The worst kept secret in Football is confirmed' date=' I mean everybody has known about this for months.

Good signing for the Chavs....providing he can keep himself fit with his recent problems.[/quote']

I'm as open for debate about Lampard as you are about Gerrard.

Mourinho I've never hidden my thoughts about so you are barking up the wrong alley there Raybear.

Excited about Costa, will wait 'til its 100% though :)

Chelsea are supposed to have agreed a deal with Fabregas and are weighing up what to offer Barcelona for him.

Also been told by Atletico that Luis will cost €25 million.

Luis is good, but 25M for any 29-year old with only one fantastic season is risky business. I can't understand how Abramovich wouldn't see that and offer the same kind of money for a much younger alternative (*cough* Shaw *cough*).

And if Fabregas comes in, Oscar out?

EDIT: I just realised, doesn't every (former) Barça player hate Mourinho's guts?

Fantastic to sign Costa & at a decent price. Really cannot wait to see a quality striker play in-front of the midfield.

If the Cesc transfer goes through just hope Mourinho is behind it rather than the club. Can see it ending in trouble if not. Cesc is just not what I see Mourinho desires especially when he already has Hazard & Oscar.... Its strange.

Luis is good' date=' but 25M for any 29-year old with only one fantastic season is risky business. I can't understand how Abramovich wouldn't see that and offer the same kind of money for a much younger alternative (*cough* Shaw *cough*).

And if Fabregas comes in, Oscar out?

EDIT: I just realised, doesn't every (former) Barça player hate Mourinho's guts?[/quote']

I think that if Fabregas had a choice he would go back to Arsenal but if there not interested then he is going to choose the next best Premier League club. Which unfortunately looks like Chelsea. They can offer him big wages as well as a life back in London. I think when you factor in location, league and money his feelings for Mourinho will take a back seat.

Not sure if this move would push Oscar out. Fabregas was meant to be the heir apparent to Xavi at Barcelona but as Xavi was still putting in good performances he found him self being used just behind the forward or as a false number 9.

A deal for Fabregas could be a replacement for Lampard. I assume he would sit next to Matic who would do most of the defensive work, leaving Fabregas to attack more freely and produce goals and assists.

Fabregas sounds very much like an Abramovich signing' date=' rather than a Mourinho signing. He completely misused a very similar player in Modric at Real.[/quote']

It does have the hallmarks of an Abramovich signing but I'm not so sure considering the fact that last time he signed someone against Mourinho's will, it deteriorated their relationship.

He's not a "Mourinho player" as he is pedestrian at times but with Mourinho wanting to play a more attacking brand of football and the work rates of Oscar, Willian, and Costa, I don't think it would be too much of a problem. I think it'll be a good signing considering we had problems against smaller teams where we were sloppy in the final third. His passing and ball retention skills are second to none.

Costa + Fabregas = £57M (Reported fees)

Luiz + Mata = £70.1M

What a fantastic piece of business. :)

Mourinho had a terrible season' date=' and if it was anyone else they would have been sacked.[/quote']

Indeed, Chelsea's season was disappointing.

But he doesn't get sacked, not because he's Mourinho.

Wenger had lots of bad seasons and he's tactically inept, but Arsenal never sacked him... :o

Being reported on a Barca radio station that Cesc is off to Chelsea,and will be announced officially in the next few days..People who think he is not a Jose signing are silly,you cannot have 11 Matic's.He will play alongside Matic.Jose knows we need a deep midfielder who can pass the ball cleverly and quicker,Cesc fits that bill.

I would be happy with the signing of Luis too,30mill for Shaw? No way,he can't even defend a cross...

It does have the hallmarks of an Abramovich signing but I'm not so sure considering the fact that last time he signed someone against Mourinho's will' date=' it deteriorated their relationship.

He's not a "Mourinho player" as he is pedestrian at times but with Mourinho wanting to play a more attacking brand of football and the work rates of Oscar, Willian, and Costa, I don't think it would be too much of a problem. I think it'll be a good signing considering we had problems against smaller teams where we were sloppy in the final third. His passing and ball retention skills are second to none.

[b']Costa + Fabregas = £57M (Reported fees)[/b]

Luiz + Mata = £70.1M

What a fantastic piece of business. :)

Costa's reported for 32M and Fabregas for 33M. That would make 65M.

Costa would be mad to sign for you lot.

Look at the failed Strikers who came to Chelsea.

Shevchenko' date='[/b'] Mutu, Torres, Ba career down the drain anyway you look at it.

in all fairness how much of that is down to chelsea's fault.

drogba, anelka did fine recently.

torres is terrible for every team he plays for. even for spain he manages to miss sitters, as in open goals. that is not the clubs fault. torres is just terrible and people cannot blame chelsea for that. don't believe me? look at his miss vs bolivia, or united. no manager in the world would fix that.

mutu could have helped himself, small things like laying off Class A drugs can improve one's career.

Ba isn't really a top class striker. its like saying andy carrol got ruined by liverpool.....no, neither of them had what it takes at a big club.

the fact is no team as sucessful as chelsea ruins strikers.

they may be required to be team players and not just poach, but giroud has to do that at arsenal and he manages ok.

i see your point but a lot of the players you mentioned cannot be held against chelsea alone.

Shevchenko' date='[/b'] Mutu, Torres, Ba career down the drain anyway you look at it.

Mutu is a special case.He could've been a top striker but he let himself down with the drugs story.

What the..is Ba doing on that list ?I think he pretty much paid off his transfer fee with the goal against PSG.

Oh boy you really keep amusing me. Hows a club responsible for a striker to miss fire? Look a Torres, he got the support of the fans week in week out. Mata was bought almost for the reason to support Torres. Rafa was appointed with a reason to bring best out of Torres? Hope you watch football.

When PSG enquired about Hazard Chelsea are said to have asked for no less than €70 million.

I don't see Hazard leaving this season, unless Chelsea really do want to sell him, but if things go the same way for him next year i could see him moving somewhere like PSG.

Oh Tony Tony Tony... :o

Torres hasn't exactly set the world on fire BUT he's won the Champions League,World Cup and Euros not exactly a failed career is it?

Shevchenko yes he was a failure and Mutu well he did himself over by doing drugs.

Ba shouldn't be on that list... what makes you think Diego Costa will be a flop?

When PSG enquired about Hazard Chelsea are said to have asked for no less than €70 million.

I don't see Hazard leaving this season' date=' unless Chelsea really do want to sell him, but if things go the same way for him next year i could see him moving somewhere like PSG.[/quote']

Chelsea put up on the site that he will wear the number 10 so he's there for the next season for sure.

Costa's reported for 32M and Fabregas for 33M. That would make 65M.

€33M not £33M.

€33M converted to GBP is 26,805,240. I round the figure to £27M, therefore, £32M + £27M = £59M not £57M :o (yeah, I've made an embarrassing mistake in the original post :o).

Oh boy you really keep amusing me. Hows a club responsible for a striker to miss fire? Look a Torres' date=' he got the support of the fans week in week out. Mata was bought almost for the reason to support Torres. Rafa was appointed with a reason to bring best out of Torres? Hope you watch football.[/font']

What does him getting support week in week out have to do with it? Mata was brought to support him? He was still a flop when Mata was there and when he wasn't.

Rafa did not bring the best out of Torres he was still a flop when Rafa was there and when he left and before he came.

I don't get this post, Torres was a flop for Chelsea what does the fans supporting him and Rafa have to do with it.

smileys-smiley-with-sign-256578.gif

Oh Tony Tony Tony... :o

Torres hasn't exactly set the world on fire BUT he's won the Champions League' date='World Cup and Euros not exactly a failed career is it?

Shevchenko yes he was a failure and Mutu well he did himself over by doing drugs.

Ba shouldn't be on that list... what makes you think Diego Costa will be a flop?[/quote']

I am talking about his Chelsea Career not his Carer as a hole, he was great for Liverpool and what ever he won with Spain.

What does him getting support week in week out have to do with it? Mata was brought to support him? He was still a flop when Mata was there and when he wasn't.

Rafa did not bring the best out of Torres he was still a flop when Rafa was there and when he left and before he came.

I don't get this post' date=' Torres was a flop for Chelsea what does the fans supporting him and Rafa have to do with it.[/color']

smileys-smiley-with-sign-256578.gif

Thank you for making my point easier. Torres was a flop what has the Club to do with it?