Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Official Chelsea FC Thread

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Apparently Ramires has agreed personal terms with us.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/08/02/2052206/chelsea-agree-terms-with-benfica-over-transfer-of-ramires

Yes, it's goal.com - i know they aren't the most reliable BUT when Benayoun was on our radar they said that he had agreed personal terms and all that and this was a couple of weeks before it happened and the contract length, wages etc were all correct - so hopefully this is too! :D

He was left out of Benfica's win against Villa yesterday too? And Benfica are apparently expected to make a statement about it all today.

Ramieres to Chelsea according to BBC for 17m

Yep. Just seen this as well, but don't the Premiership have something about a rule against a third-party investor? Because apparently Benfica have came out yesterday and said they only own 20% of Ramires and the other 80% is with investors. :confused: which is on SSN website today.

Hopefully Chelsea have sorted all this out and if this is true he should pass his medical today and be a Chelsea player. I think he'll be good for us. :D

Yep! I've also seen reports that he's having a medical so the issue has supposedly been resolved (I hope). If not then another 2 year ban which will soon be rescinded:p.

Sky Sources: Deal for Ramires could be completed at the earliest of today.

BBC: Medical today/Wednesday.

So things are looking good. He'll be going on the back of my new shirt :D

Good signing for Chelsea. I think he may be turned into a winger' date=' maybe? Still a good young Brazilian midfielder who will be reliable wherever he plays across the midfield.[/quote']

I don't think he'll be used as a winger, because I think we'll play 4-3-3 which we were very successful at last season, the midfield being..

Essien

Ramires -- Lampard

Benayoun ---------- Anelka

Drogba

It will either be Benayoun or Kalou. Mikel could play in the midfield also as I think he's quite a good player. If we wanted to go a bit more defensive you'd have Mikel and Essien in there maybe. We haven't signed Ramires yet, but apparently he's got his medical today so could all be done and wrapped up by the end of today.

I don't think he'll be used as a winger' date=' because I think we'll play 4-3-3 which we were very successful at last season, the midfield being..

[center']Essien

Ramires -- Lampard

Benayoun ---------- Anelka

Drogba[/center]

It will either be Benayoun or Kalou. Mikel could play in the midfield also as I think he's quite a good player. If we wanted to go a bit more defensive you'd have Mikel and Essien in there maybe. We haven't signed Ramires yet, but apparently he's got his medical today so could all be done and wrapped up by the end of today.

We could also play the diamond with Benayoun at the tip and Drogba and Anelka up front instead. The reports I've seen suggest that he will arrive in London tomorrow to undergo the medical so he should be a Chelsea player by the end of tomorrow. Also, I'm hoping I get Community Shield tickets as a birthday present for my 18th; c'mon rich-Chelsea-fan cousin! I'd have got them myself if I wasn't so broke:o.

Or Maybe....

--------Essein--Lampard--------

Ramires---------------Benayoun

--------Anelka--Drogba--------

He certainly adds flexibilty, and just what chelsea needed, a possible wide player, and CM.

Malouda could swap with Benayoun.

Benayoun could go RM.

You still need one more winger, a forward, and a CB though. Maybe one more CM, I don't rate Mikel too highly.

Or Maybe....

--------Essein--Lampard--------

Ramires---------------Benayoun

--------Anelka--Drogba--------

He certainly adds flexibilty' date=' and just what chelsea needed, a possible wide player, and CM.

Malouda could swap with Benayoun.

Benayoun could go RM.

You still need one more winger, a forward, and a CB though. Maybe one more CM, I don't rate Mikel too highly.[/quote']

Indeed there is a whole host of combinations we can try out in that midfield, could still do with a bit more beef as you have said. Probably a creative playmaker seeing as Deco didn't do the job. We played 4-3-3 today against Hamburg, Essien in his usual holding role will probably play there regardless of formation. More worryingly, we lost again, some more defensive errors. I'm not too phased though, we've wtill got a strong team.

Community Shield tomorrow! :D

Starting line-up has already been announced earlier today:

Hilario

Ferreira -- Ivanovic -- Terry © -- Cole

Mikel

Essien ---- Lampard

Kalou ------------ Malouda

Anelka

So no cech, who's injured and Drogba is on the bench, but should get 45 minutes apparently, but some good news is that Rooney will only be playing 45 mins according to SAF. So should be a good game. Essien to score with Mikel being at DM. :D

Community Shield tomorrow! :D

Starting line-up has already been announced earlier today:

Hilario

Ferreira -- Ivanovic -- Terry © -- Cole

Mikel

Essien ---- Lampard

Kalou ------------ Malouda

Anelka

So no cech' date=' who's injured and Drogba is on the bench, but should get 45 minutes apparently, but some good news is that Rooney will only be playing 45 mins according to SAF. So should be a good game. Essien to score with Mikel being at DM. :D[/quote']

Personally I think not having Cech and having Hilario in his place might cost you the game.

I don't understand why he is ahead of Turnbull either tbh.

Thought Benayoun might have played as well.

Personally I think not having Cech and having Hilario in his place might cost you the game.

I don't understand why he is ahead of Turnbull either tbh.

Thought Benayoun might have played as well.

Hilario is better than Turnball imo. Turnball can be ok, but we need a better back-up keeper than those two clowns, who are far to prone to making mistakes and I really don't trust them. :o

The reason why Benayoun isn't playing is probably because Kalou was pretty decent last season and Ancelotti seems to like and trust him, and he does do the job usually not to mention his winning pen in this fixture last season ;)

What do you Chelsea fans think about Sturridge? What do you think of his potential? A great prospect or overrated? Can you see him having a big impact this season. Personally, I think he's a little overrated and he won't be as good as some may think, he'll be decent, yes, but not to the standard needed to play every week at Chelsea. He really should have joined someone like West Ham imo. That would be more his level, he could have a real impact at a club like that, and be a success there.

He just thinks he is going to be a world beater, he probably won't be. He needs to start playing every week somewhere soon though, or, there is a real risk he will go to waste. He's 20, very soon he'll be 21, it's about now he really does have to step up a bit more. This season could be the key one for him. I just hope Chelsea give him a proper chance, and a run in the side. But obviously thats going to be difficult, unless injuries come up. Which is why he would have been better off at a club like West Ham. He's not going to be a world beater, he'll be good, very good, but not world class. Just hope for English football's sake this guy doesn't go to waste.

Hilario is better than Turnball imo. Turnball can be ok' date=' but we need a better back-up keeper than those two clowns, who are far to prone to making mistakes and I really don't trust them. :o

The reason why Benayoun isn't playing is probably because Kalou was pretty decent last season and Ancelotti seems to like and trust him, and he does do the job usually not to mention his winning pen in this fixture last season ;)[/quote']

the thing is we basically do. He is 17, croatian, still with his old club which is called Inter Zapresic and his name is Matej Delac.

Ricardo Carvalho is off to Real Madrid for €8M. A really brilliant defender that I liked, it's a shame he's going. :( But, we already have good replacements for him. Alex can easily replace him, Ivanovic could and Bruma would be a good back-up. :)

Ricardo Carvalho is off to Real Madrid for €8M. A really brilliant defender that I liked' date=' it's a shame he's going. :( But, we already have good replacements for him. Alex can easily replace him, Ivanovic could and Bruma would be a good back-up. :)[/quote']

Wheres this Dan :eek: