Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

They cannot sell Torres' date='and as I said,I fully expect a better striker than Lukaku to be signed[/quote']

How can you sign a better striker than Lukaku when you have no foreign spots available? That is unless we see more of an exodus.

Exactly' date='but Torres will not take a pay-cut elsewhere,meaning Chelsea were forced to sell Lukaku(who refused to sign a new contract),so,you have no option but to sell.It really is that simple..[/quote']

The question you aren't looking at is 'why did Lukaku refuse to sign a new contract?'. Chelsea treated him awfully.

How can you sign a better striker than Lukaku when you have no foreign spots available? That is unless we see more of an exodus.

The question you aren't looking at is 'why did Lukaku refuse to sign a new contract?'. Chelsea treated him awfully.

Chelsea treated him awfully? Poor footballers eh? feel so sorry for them..:cool:Look he is an Everton player now and we got good money for him.. On another note with FFP,how could Everton afford the fee? They don't spend much at all,but they pay 30mill euro in the first season of FFP?

It's an even worse decision when you realise that Lukaku would have counted as home-grown.

The re-signing of Drogba was completely unnecessary' date=' 2nd goes at clubs hardly ever go right. As for replacing I doubt you will you have the foreign player quota problem which is why Cech and Torres are linked with moves away and there aren't many strikers better than Lukaku that are home-grown.

What happens if Costa flops? What happens when Mourinho leaves again?[/quote']

What happens if Suarez leaves? :D No seriously though,what happens if a top player gets injured for a season etc?

Chelsea treated him awfully? Poor footballers eh? feel so sorry for them..:cool:Look he is an Everton player now and we got good money for him.. On another note with FFP' date='how could Everton afford the fee? They don't spend much at all,but they pay 30mill euro in the first season of FFP?[/quote']

He's a 21 year old striker who scored 32 goals in his last 49 PL appearances. If this deal was going the other way Chelsea would be paying close to £50m so they got a terribly poor deal.

Based on Everton's shrewd transfer history and low losses they're in a better position than most - they're fine for FFP.

Lol how you can't back up anything that you're saying. Decent troll or terribly deluded.

Chelsea treated him awfully? Poor footballers eh? feel so sorry for them..:cool:Look he is an Everton player now and we got good money for him.. On another note with FFP' date='how could Everton afford the fee? They don't spend much at all,but they pay 30mill euro in the first season of FFP?[/quote']

Of course Everton can afford it, with the new TV deals even the smaller PL sides should be able to pay out decent money from now on, and they are in Europe and that bring a few extra euros not the pot, he was pivotal to what Everton achieved last year and they have recognised that gone the extra mile, shown immense faith in him, trust him that is important to a player like Lukaku given his experiences at Chelsea feeling loved and wanted must be something he really appreciates.

You can call it any which way you like but he never got a shot and he HAS proved himself, 32 goals in 49 PL games is a record that stands up there with the best of the past two seasons. Imagine what he might have done in a side better than Everton??

That alone merited an opportunity but if he ain't going to get it, the manager shows no faith or trust in you what do you expect him to do??

As others say as much as Drogba is a club legend, to dump Lukaku who could be the answer for the foreseeable future and replace him with a player who despite once being amongst the very elite is now on the slide and can probably only give you a disjointed one season at best is a strange move.

Comparing Lukaku to Drogba isn't really fair, if Lukaku was willing to play as a second choice striker then he would have stayed. As it stands however, Lukaku only has 2 years remaining on his current deal and won't sign a new contract, with Diego Costa signed as the main striker our only real option is to sell Lukaku or risk losing him for nothing in two years time if not for a vastly reduced fee next summer.

Lukaku should have been made first choice striker last season, that should have been his chance, but he was loaned out and given the sums the club has spent building a world class team it makes sense that the club isn't willing to gamble on Lukaku, seeing Costa as a far safer bet.

We're also playing now, 2-0 against Vitesse.

Comparing Lukaku to Drogba isn't really fair' date=' if Lukaku was willing to play as a second choice striker then he would have stayed. As it stands however, Lukaku only has 2 years remaining on his current deal and won't sign a new contract, with Diego Costa signed as the main striker our only real option is to sell Lukaku or risk losing him for nothing in two years time if not for a vastly reduced fee next summer.

Lukaku should have been made first choice striker last season, that should have been his chance, but he was loaned out and given the sums the club has spent building a world class team it makes sense that the club isn't willing to gamble on Lukaku, seeing Costa as a far safer bet.

We're also playing now, 2-0 against Vitesse.[/quote']

I feel like the second loan spell was need to develop the player to the more complete forward you see before you. In all i believe hes better than Costa who is for me still a one season wonder and has failed to produce whenever i watch him play. Anyone can have a great season and Chelsea spent a lot of money but they have a more complete player who will cost you nothing and who is home grown and wont affect your ability in the market with FFP.

If he goes then Everton have a star forward who they can easily grab upwards of 50m in a few season. They only need to look above them to see Sturridge's transformation.

Comparing Lukaku to Drogba isn't really fair' date=' if Lukaku was willing to play as a second choice striker then he would have stayed. As it stands however, Lukaku only has 2 years remaining on his current deal and won't sign a new contract, with Diego Costa signed as the main striker our only real option is to sell Lukaku or risk losing him for nothing in two years time if not for a vastly reduced fee next summer.

Costa is a much bigger gamble than Lukaku, Lukaku's settled in the prem, Costa has had one season on the top of his game and he could easily flop in the Prem.

IMO if I had to choose between Lukaku or Costa leading the line i'd choose Lukaku.

At last,somebody using their common sense! fair play to you ;)

Costa is a much bigger gamble than Lukaku' date=' Lukaku's settled in the prem, Costa has had one season on the top of his game and he could easily flop in the Prem.

IMO if I had to choose between Lukaku or Costa leading the line i'd choose Lukaku.[/quote']

Well then you are mad.. Costa is a far better striker than Lukaku.Chelsea may be a better tam than the toffees,but most teams park the bus at the Bridge,Lukaku would not do well in that.I do think he would have been a good sub,but...

Well then you are mad.. Costa is a far better striker than Lukaku.Chelsea may be a better tam than the toffees' date='but most teams park the bus at the Bridge,Lukaku would not do well in that.I do think he would have been a good sub,but...[/quote']

On what basis is he 'far better'?

Costa - 2013/14 - 34 Games/27 Goals

2012/13 - 24 Games/10 Goals

Lukaku - 2013/14 - 29 Games/15 Goals

2012/13 - 20 Games/17 Goals

Costa is 25, Lukaku is 21

Lukaku has had two good seasons in the Premier League. Don't see how Costa is far better, long term selling Lukaku was a dreadful decision. On contract wise, had he actually been supported and made the main striker he probably would have extended his contract.

Comparing Lukaku to Drogba isn't really fair' date=' if Lukaku was willing to play as a second choice striker then he would have stayed. [/quote']Since you signed Lukaku you've also signed Ba, Moses, Eto'o, Schurrle, Costa and Drogba. You can understand why Lukaku grew frustrated and wanted away. He's better than all these (Costa I'm unsure of, though I think he'll do well) and to constantly be overlooked is shocking.

Well then you are mad.. Costa is a far better striker than Lukaku.Chelsea may be a better tam than the toffees' date='but most teams park the bus at the Bridge,Lukaku would not do well in that.I do think he would have been a good sub,but...[/quote']

At Lukaku's age Costa managed 9 goals for Albacete in the Segunda and then 8 for Valladoid, who got relegated. Lukaku's had top scoring seasons for both West Brom and Everton in a tougher league to score goals in.

At Lukaku's age Costa managed 9 goals for Albacete in the Segunda and then 8 for Valladoid' date=' who got relegated. Lukaku's had top scoring seasons for both West Brom and Everton in a tougher league to score goals in.[/quote']

On point mate. As i said before Costa is at the moment a one season wonder. He has a massive chance to make a name for himself. Most players for me aren't taken to seriously when they enter from the spainish league as a forward after Soldado also Negredos up and down season. He has something to prove when it comes to La liga as well.

To get the money they did is impressive but i expect most will be clauses like how many goals etc.

At Lukaku's age Costa managed 9 goals for Albacete in the Segunda and then 8 for Valladoid' date=' who got relegated. Lukaku's had top scoring seasons for both West Brom and Everton in a tougher league to score goals in.[/quote']

So what! Drogba was a late bloomer too..

So what! Drogba was a late bloomer too..

Imagine how good Drogba could have been if he was as good at 21 as Lukaku is then ;) He's much more the exception than the rule too.

I see Jose said that Lukaku lacked the right mentality and approach' date='he wasn't highly motivated to be competitive at Chelsea.Jose would have dealt with him,so he knows more than anyone here,if I am delusional,so is Jose.[/quote']

As Allan said, it's hard to be motivated when you have no confidence shown in you. Chelsea have signed two squad's worth of strikers since Lukaku arrived and that's hardly going to be good for his moral.

Jose likes to be judged on his short term success. I said when he arrived that he'll probably leave Chelsea in a few years with a stack of trophies and another ageing squad. So far he's not won a dime and has sold on Lukaku and De Bruyne. You have to wonder who'll be shifted next summer. Maybe Azpilicueta if he starts with Ivanovic RB and Luis LB all season?

Imagine how good Drogba could have been if he was as good at 21 as Lukaku is then ;) He's much more the exception than the rule too.

As Allan said' date=' it's hard to be motivated when you have no confidence shown in you. Chelsea have signed two squad's worth of strikers since Lukaku arrived and that's hardly going to be good for his moral.

Jose likes to be judged on his short term success. I said when he arrived that he'll probably leave Chelsea in a few years with a stack of trophies and another ageing squad. So far he's not won a dime and has sold on Lukaku and De Bruyne. You have to wonder who'll be shifted next summer. Maybe Azpilicueta if he starts with Ivanovic RB and Luis LB all season?[/quote']

We have a younger squad than Citys..