Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

That's bull. IMHO he still sucks so whatever lolz

I'm done talking to the trolls here.

How is is it? He was your best striker at the start of last season. Just because someone has a different view to you doesn't mean they are trolling you.

If I was trolling you I would bring up how you used to support Spurs;)

How is is it? He was your best striker at the start of last season. Just because someone has a different view to you doesn't mean they are trolling you.

No he wasn't. He's still rubbish. Deal with it. He's an overhyped useless misfiring pylon with attitude problems. Happy?

So what? Why do you care who I support? For all I care I could be supporting Arsenal tomorrow, QPR the day after, Man United and Man City at the same time by next week. Who honestly gives a damn who I support, it has nothing to do with your life.

Finally' date=' no one has yet mentioned the major factor that is Bertrand Traore just loaned out to Vitesse for work permit reasons. Barring some unlikely twists he will blow Lukaku out of the water during their respective careers. Mourinho is very much a believer in him, he has a better attitude and has to be THE player to watch in the Eredivise this season. I've seen Bamford mentioned in arguments about Lukaku but it is Traore who will be world class.

PS, the Lampard thing is a fuss about nothing. He is a legend here already and if you think a handful of games for City will make even a little bit of difference then you don't understand what a legend is.[/quote']

I have mentioned Bertrand a few times, although not recently in any depth. He has been a favourite of mine for a couple seasons and the fact he remained around the club from the age of 15 despite us being able to offer him nothing speaks volumes about the lad. Im not 100% sure if he will be considered homegrown a la Lukaku due to him being unregistered with visa issues.

When you factor in Lampard is only joining City so he can stay fit for the MLS season it becomes even more trivial, I wish him the best of luck.

Really???

Ha, Ha brilliant :P

Lukaku thing is being massively overblown on here. As with all transfers on here people have trivialized it and tried to make it look really simple when obviously all decisions are taken carefully and looked into by managers and executives with much more information than us.

Lukaku has a very high ceiling but a lot of players never reach that ceiling. The main issue is that he wasn't willing to fight for a starting spot for a variety of reasons. Some good (safe game time is good at his age)' date=' some not so good (he clearly thinks he's a lot better than he is). This is evidenced by asking to go out on loan last season when his competition was the weakest set of strikers we've had in the Abramovich era. Even this season he would have had a great shot at number 2 striker and a chance to be more than that and declined it to go to Everton.

So Chelsea had 2 choices: ensure him loads of game time or sell him. To ensure him loads of game would be difficult because 1) he simply isn't good enough right now to lead our line this season and 2) elite clubs do no ensure anyone a starting place. They work on competition and anyone who has played for a top club knows that if you aren't willing to fight for your place then you aren't gonna play at such a high level. This is particularly evidenced by the complete lack of top clubs interested in him. [b']If he was a really obvious player for a top club to keep, why wasn't he an obvious target for a top club to buy?

[/b]

For the same reasons as Chelsea, no other elite clubs would be willing to offer what he demanded. Everton were the only club in for him because they were the only club rich enough to buy him but poor enough that they can't afford / get an actual top striker to compete with him.

The fee is very fair when you consider how good he can be (top drawer) AND how average he could end up being. None of us can predict the future and there have been many top young strikers who have come to little.

Finally, no one has yet mentioned the major factor that is Bertrand Traore just loaned out to Vitesse for work permit reasons. Barring some unlikely twists he will blow Lukaku out of the water during their respective careers. Mourinho is very much a believer in him, he has a better attitude and has to be THE player to watch in the Eredivise this season. I've seen Bamford mentioned in arguments about Lukaku but it is Traore who will be world class.

PS, the Lampard thing is a fuss about nothing. He is a legend here already and if you think a handful of games for City will make even a little bit of difference then you don't understand what a legend is.

Superb post! Wolfsburg were also interested in Lukaku. No elite clubs as you say..

On Lamps' date='lets be honest,he won't make a difference to City at this stage,and won't play many games at all.Could have being worse,he could have joined QPR![/quote']

A player like Lampard can always make a difference given any amount of game time.

Harsh words for one of your best ever mids. He can make an impact and can still play regular football. If anything he can help people come trough at city etc

Ah no Lamps is a club legend and you cannot overstate his importance to the Chelsea cause over the years(maybe even a bit under-rated),just his legs have gone for the highest level,it happens,no fault of his.To be honest I think him going to City is him building up his fitness..

Ah no Lamps is a club legend and you cannot overstate his importance to the Chelsea cause over the years(maybe even a bit under-rated)' date='just his legs have gone for the highest level,it happens,no fault of his.To be honest I think him going to City is him building up his fitness..[/quote']

I agree with Keith here. Chelsea didn't give a contract to him and we have absolutely nothing to moan about. But painful to see him in the other shade of blue.

I agree with Keith here. Chelsea didn't give a contract to him and we have absolutely nothing to moan about. But painful to see him in the other shade of blue.

Ummm I just watched Mourinho's interview on skysports and he said he offered both Lampard and Cole Contracts ;) There's an article as well as the video.

It might not be nice for Chelsea fans to see Lampard in a City shirt but in reality where else was he going to go while waiting for NYC FC to get started. It doesn't make him any less of a Chelsea legend and is different to him just ending his time at Chelsea to sign directly for City.

It might not be nice for Chelsea fans to see Lampard in a City shirt but in reality where else was he going to go while waiting for NYC FC to get started. It doesn't make him any less of a Chelsea legend and is different to him just ending his time at Chelsea to sign directly for City.

Australia could've been an option, City have a team there too.

Australia could've been an option' date=' City have a team there too.[/quote']

Yes your right he could of done like Villa but would he really want to up root from England to go to Australia only to go on to New York. I still think the most practical option for all parties is for him to stay in England and go to Man City.

I don't expect Lampard to play many minutes in the league as in reality he is competing for 4th spot with Garcia at best. He is there to maintain his fitness and keep sharp around some of the finest footballers. As much as i love the place, Australia has very little to offer football wise.

Yes your right he could of done like Villa but would he really want to up root from England to go to Australia only to go on to New York. I still think the most practical option for all parties is for him to stay in England and go to Man City.

I guess so, particularly with him having children which live in England as well as Christine Bleakley working here as well. Gives him time to work out a viable solution before he heads off to New York.

Still going to be weird seeing him in a City shirt...

I guess so' date=' particularly with him having children which live in England as well as Christine Bleakley working here as well. Gives him time to work out a viable solution before he heads off to New York.

Still going to be weird seeing him in a City shirt...[/quote']

Oh yeah definitely, completely agree mate. It will be very strange seeing him in a City shirt rather than a Chelsea one. Although like others have said i wouldn't expect him to start and i see it more of an exercise to keep his fitness levels up. However i would of thought he would get some game time and like you said, seeing him in a City shirt playing in the EPL will be very strange.