Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

I see us being linked with Remy and Destro. Roma will play hard ball with just over 2 days to go for the closing of window. How about possibility of bringing Chicha? He is been put up on sale by United isn't it?

Id gladly take Remy or Destro for <20M, but id rather not take another flop on board. Especially given that Remy would likely be a similar/cheaper option who imo has had far greater impact in his time in the league surrounded by lesser players.

yep he is... his release clause has been activated this is going to be so much like Demba Ba a quality striker who scores quite a lot but just doesn't fit the chelsea system

To be honest,I don't think Remy is Chelsea quality.He is a decent striker who would do well at a decent team.I doubt Chelsea were very interested in him before.It smacks of bringing in a cheap striker to make up the numbers.Also he needs a lot of space to do well.Harder to get that at Chelsea..

I'd be surprised if you went for Remy, especially after what Mourinho said about the difficult decision to get rid of a foreign player, I would of thought he's killed two birds with one stone loaning Torres out. If Remy comes he'd still need to offload a foreign player. Good player though will be interesting to see how he does at Chelsea if he signs.

I'd be surprised if you went for Remy' date=' especially after what Mourinho said about the difficult decision to get rid of a foreign player, I would of thought he's killed two birds with one stone loaning Torres out. If Remy comes he'd still need to offload a foreign player. Good player though will be interesting to see how he does at Chelsea if he signs.[/quote']

SSN say we have activated his clause.But why did he not end up at Liverpool? If he really failed a medical,how would he pass one now? Plus Man City are the champions and benchmark.Remy is weaker than all their strikers..

I'd be surprised if you went for Remy' date=' especially after what Mourinho said about the difficult decision to get rid of a foreign player, I would of thought he's killed two birds with one stone loaning Torres out. If Remy comes he'd still need to offload a foreign player. Good player though will be interesting to see how he does at Chelsea if he signs.[/quote']

Think we're just shipping out another foreign player. Any replacement striker will be non-HG anyways since Bamford was loaned out

SSN say we have activated his clause.But why did he not end up at Liverpool? If he really failed a medical' date='how would he pass one now? Plus Man City are the champions and benchmark.Remy is weaker than all their strikers..[/quote']

Probably just that it's late in the window, so we need someone who's willing to sit on the bench. And Destro isn't available, and certainly not for 20m

Think some Roma fan said they paid 16m for him to begin with so he'd never be sold for just 20m

Probably just that it's late in the window' date=' so we need someone who's willing to sit on the bench. And Destro isn't available, and certainly not for 20m

Think some Roma fan said they paid 16m for him to begin with so he'd never be sold for just 20m[/quote']

Yeah signing a striker for the sake of it.. Never being impressed with him.We need strikers to compete,two anyway..

SSN say we have activated his clause.But why did he not end up at Liverpool? If he really failed a medical' date='how would he pass one now? Plus Man City are the champions and benchmark.Remy is weaker than all their strikers..[/quote']

Heart problem Liverpool most likely didn't want to pay the insurance premium to sign him, same reason we ducked out of a deal for Diame a few years back. He's a good player I was gutted we didn't take the risk a couple of other clubs pulled out back in his Marseille days. I'd expect the insurance premium is a drop in the ocean for Chelsea and QPR.

Remy > Torres. And for 8m he's the best option we can get. Falcao is too expensive, risky and off to Madrid; Cavani too expensive and poor form, Hernandez ****, Welbeck off elsewere Destro would be great but Roma playing hard ball, Maybe Benzema if Falcao does move? But ulikely.

Remy > Torres. And for 8m he's the best option we can get. Falcao is too expensive' date=' risky and off to Madrid; Cavani too expensive and poor form, Hernandez ****, Welbeck off elsewere Destro would be great but Roma playing hard ball, Maybe Benzema if Falcao does move? But ulikely.[/quote']

No doubt Remy is better than Torres,but it should not be a case of anyone but Torres.

No doubt Remy is better than Torres' date='but it should not be a case of anyone but Torres.[/quote']

Who realistically can we get that would be happy to play second fiddle to Costa but be competitive enough? You were un-happy with Lukaku because he was seemingly unwilling to fight for a place, well name me another top forward who would move to play second fiddle?

Suarez only had eyes for the big two in spain, we didn't need Sanchez as we have enough wingers; Balotelli might have been a good shout for his price; Mandzukic moved from Bayern as he didn't fit Peps plan and wanted to be a starter, he also is hardy creative which we need - avg <20 passes a game; I don't think Eto'o and Mou's relationship was the best at the end of the season; Morata was never going to happen as a club like Chelsea cannot allow itself to buy players with buy back clauses; Jackson Martinez's price is too high at 32M buy-out, Cavaini, Falcao, Destro etc i touched upon in my previous post.

Even from the beginning of the window a lot of the big strikers were tied down or snapped up quickly. Remy for 8M is good value for money, offers us something different up top and his value would only rise given the current market for strikers.

I'm surprised nobody activated Remy's release clause before you (unless they did and it just wasn't made public). £8M is a steal for a proven striker in today's market!

As others have said, he's not a big enough player to demand first team football every week (especially above Costa when fit), but he's also good enough to feature quite a few times and play a bigger role than just being a bench player. Sort of a first-bench teamer :P

I'm surprised nobody activated Remy's release clause before you (unless they did and it just wasn't made public). £8M is a steal for a proven striker in today's market!

Only stood for CL teams. Liverpool did but pulled out under the rouse of a failed medical.

Only stood for CL teams. Liverpool did but pulled out under the rouse of a failed medical.

Ah, that makes more sense. Still, I'm sure there are a number of teams in the CL that could have found him to be a useful acquisition. It would obviously come down to where Remy wanted to move too, so he was probably holding out for a bigger side like Chelsea to come him.

I forgot about him having a medical at Liverpool, but everything happens for a reason ;)

Ah' date=' that makes more sense. Still, I'm sure there are a number of teams in the CL that could have found him to be a useful acquisition. It would obviously come down to where Remy wanted to move too, so he was probably holding out for a bigger side like Chelsea to come him.

I forgot about him having a medical at Liverpool, but everything happens for a reason ;)[/quote']

he wanted one of the top teams in world football

Ah' date=' that makes more sense. Still, I'm sure there are a number of teams in the CL that could have found him to be a useful acquisition. It would obviously come down to where Remy wanted to move too, so he was probably holding out for a bigger side like Chelsea to come him.

I forgot about him having a medical at Liverpool, but everything happens for a reason ;)[/quote']

Not 100% sure but i think it may have been a Premier League CL team only, either way, Arsenal could've done with him for sure.

The reason is because Remy really ain't that good, and before people get on ere high horse I said the same thing on the Liverpool thread when we in to sign him.

I just think he is overrated he is alright as a back up option but as a starter for a Champions League side in this country, Na not for me.

At the very least he should receive an "interesting" reception at Loftus Road for the West London. Derby :o

The reason is because Remy really ain't that good' date=' and before people get on ere high horse I said the same thing on the Liverpool thread when we in to sign him.

I just think he is overrated he is alright as a back up option but as a starter for a Champions League side in this country, Na not for me.

At the very least he should receive an "interesting" reception at Loftus Road for the West London. Derby :o[/quote']

Oh i don't see him being a starter. At 8m he represents good value for money and should score 10-15 goals comfortably with the quality around him. He is also a different option to the bulls that are Drogba and Costa. Given the late stage in the window and the lack of striking options available i think its a good move. Id have loved Balotelli working under Mou again, but we'd have never sold Torres otherwise.