Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Official Chelsea FC Thread

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

I think we can afford to rest players..

I've never understood this. You've got a bunch of millionaire athletes that can't play a couple of football games a week after a holiday? Rotate one or two sure, but we're a month into the season, not a single one of them needs a rest.

Chelsea should dismantle these boys with ease so long as they don't put out a team with too many changes. Absolutely love watching them play at the minute so hoping it's a cracking fixture.

Being it's his natural position I wouldn't call it wasting him.

Correction: it was his natural position. Over the course of the last two years' date=' the Hazard we've seen has been faster, stronger, and generally better in a wider position because of his ability to trump full-backs in almost any possible way (if not sheer power, than a combo of agility and technique, or simply making the opponent dizzy). The sacrifice in my opinion has been the vision he possessed over as a teenager, which made him a natural #10 whilst playing for Lille.

Played for Lille as a number 10 and was excellent.I think he would be more productive than Oscar here.But Hazard is better wide than Oscar..

He was [see above], but his game was adapted to a more physically demanding league, making players of his type better suited for wider positions. Oscar is more like a glass figurine compared to him.

Besides, at Lille he had two periods as well. His last season at Lille he almost played as a CF most of the time (due to departures), whilst the season before that he always had extremely good runners (Gervinho) and finishers (Sow) by his side.

Exactly. He was a natural number 10, but actually still is. Barely been played there for ages, give him a game or two to work it out, he wont' be wasted. Not one bit. The lads basically one of the best players in the league without even playing in his best position, full credit to him. The fact he utilities what he has so well that people think he's better as an 11 is just a testament to how world class that boy is.

Think the regulars that didn't play/didn't play for much last game will feature.

Willian

Luis Filipe I guess?

Maybe Cech

Remy maybe?

Schurrle maybe

Then others are a toss up in my mind.

Think we're not going to field a complete second XI though, since it's important to win the first match of the group, otherwise we'll have to do lots of risky catching up which is always dangerous

Courtois

Ivanovic-Cahill-Terry-Luis

Ramires-Matic

Willian-Fabregas-Hazard

Drogba

Annouced?

Edit: Yes it was.

Got my Willian/Luis correct, the two most likely.

Got my guess of a strong line-up correct.

All of my risky bets missed: Schurrle, Cech, Remy. Though Drogba isn't that different from the idea on the last one.

Annouced?

Edit: Yes it was.

Got my Willian/Luis correct' date=' the two most likely.

Got my guess of a strong line-up correct.

All of my risky bets missed: Schurrle, Cech, Remy. Though Drogba isn't that different from the idea on the last one.[/quote']

Hate to say it (with Courtois being a fellow countryman), but Cech might be missed here - Valuable experience unnecessarily benched in my opinion.

Hate to say it (with Courtois being a fellow countryman)' date=' but Cech might be missed here - Valuable experience unnecessarily benched in my opinion.[/quote']

I thought this would be a good game for Cech too, especially given TC signed the extension already, but I'm sure the big man will get his chances.

Wasn't gonna be that surprised either way

Hate to say it (with Courtois being a fellow countryman)' date=' but Cech might be missed here - Valuable experience unnecessarily benched in my opinion.[/quote']

Thought you were Indian ?

RE Cech, I'm just as much surprised to see him not starting.

I thought this would be a good game for Cech too' date=' especially given TC signed the extension already, but I'm sure the big man will get his chances.

Wasn't gonna be that surprised either way[/quote']

Spoilt for goalkeeper options, are we? (Well I guess you technically are.) I do feel sorry for Cech though.

Thought you were Indian ?

RE Cech' date=' I'm just as much surprised to see him not starting.[/quote']

I might be. I might not be. Only I know.

Je suis en fait français' date=' né à Paris, vécu en Mexique et l'Angleterre et pour l'instant en Belgique, avec des ancêtres indiens et colombiens ... ;)[/quote']

Tres bon :)

I could pick out the essentials without a translator (yay, feeling proud :P). To be fair no French education is probably needed for that, but I did study French from grades 3-9 :)

I guess the one truly unknown word would've been Angleterre hehe

Didn't watch your game but just seen the goals, how on Earth was your goal allowed to stand about as blatant a foul in the build up as I have ever seen :P

Wouldn't worry about it, easiest group in the Champions League you will still cakewalk it.