Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

See bolded.

I don't claim to be anything and never have.

I can't even be bothered with this, you are absolutely worse than Tony.

I haven't threatened you either, pathetic - I don't remember seeing someone ruin a reputation as quickly as you have in these past couple of weeks - please hurry up to going back to being a Spurs fan.

I don't claim to be anything and never have.

I can't even be bothered with this' date=' you are absolutely worse than Tony.

I haven't threatened you either, pathetic - I don't remember seeing someone ruin a reputation as quickly as you have in these past couple of weeks - please hurry up to going back to being a Spurs fan.[/quote']

Every single word of what you just wrote is a complete falsehood.

Please stop being condescending.

So it looks like we are in the front seat for Khedira - although I do think Arsenal will still hover around despite the rumoured stumbling block of wages.

Whatever happens it doesn't look like he will be leaving Real until next summer - I think Jose is a fan so quite excited to see what happens - although it wouldn't exactly help Omeruo or Van Ginkel's situations, or even that of Ramires (but hopefully means Mikel could leave - £20m to Utd anyone? :P)

He isn't any better than the players you got at the moment. In fact' date=' he'd be quite a step down.[/quote']

I'd be inclined to agree with you. These guys don't though

He'd almost certainly be an upgrade to the Chelsea starting XI, even if it's a pretty minimal upgrade over Andre Schurrle or Willian. For a club with lots of money and without a ton of holes though, it's the sort of upgrade that probably makes at least a little bit of sense.

Its happened.

Diego Costa is a doubt for Palace' date=' fantasy team panic stations??.....[/quote']

He'll get a hat-trick.

I like Mourinho. In fact, he's probably my favourite top level manager, but you've heard the tail of the boy that cried wolf...

...He still ended up with a good backup in Remy. Oh :P

He'll get a hat-trick.

I like Mourinho. In fact' date=' he's probably my favourite top level manager, but you've heard the tail of the boy that cried wolf...

...He still ended up with a good backup in Remy. Oh :P[/quote']

I just wonder if he would rest him with Utd in mind..

Awwwwww

A really nice piece on Hazard. Absolutely love it.

[H]e’s a fantastic kid. He is humble, very humble. Very nice. Very polite. Selfish – zero. Egocentric – zero. He is fantastic.

I had a conversation with his father. His father told me something that I loved. I don’t think it’s a problem to tell you. He said – ‘I have a wonderful son. He is a wonderful father. He is a wonderful husband. I want him to change, because I want him to be a wonderful player. But I don’t want him to change a lot. I don’t want him to become – and he used the name of two or three players. I just want him to be the same husband, the same father, the same son, with a little but more tenacity, mental aggression, ambition, personal ego. A little bit more. And you are the guy to give it to him.’

We can never transform these fantastic players and men into a competitive animal, a competitive machine. Not even his father wants [that]. We have just to bring him to a different level, working hard in training, which he’s doing.

It's interesting to see the difference between the manager's perspective on Hazard and the fans, who've long considered him a sort of mercenary after the extended transfer saga which brought him to Chelsea. Mourinho, who works with him every day, sees him as a grounded guy who needs to develop more ambition. I'd wager that Mourinho's version is more accurate. Also the conversation with Hazard's father sounds adorable.

Are the lessons taking? It certainly sounds like it:

[Hazard is] never afraid to play and take responsibility. But it’s not about that. It’s about him saying – today, I have to be decisive. What he says in that press interview, when he says ‘I’m not one of the five top players in the world’ – he can be, but he cannot be in a match where he doesn’t do something in the 90 minutes that makes him decisive. The week before against Arsenal, I was on him every day – be decisive. Don’t be happy with doing nice things. Don’t be happy being up and down in the game. You have to do something in the game that wins the game for us. And he did. This is the point with Eden. The talent is amazing, and the human side of him – especially in the modern days, because I work with top players for 30 years – he is not from these times. He’s from the old times.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/10/17/6995173/jose-mourinho-eden-hazard-quotes

Not sure' date='to be honest,Costa always seems to be injured,yet he plays,its a bit odd :D[/quote']

Costa is indeed out, hopefully he'll back for Man U.

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-2-3-1 formation:

Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry ©, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Remy.

Subs: Cech, Zouma, Filipe Luis, Mikel, Salah, Drogba, Solanke.