Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

90mins against 10 men' date='that was terrible,but it proves that the prem league is overrated.Arsenal outclassed at home to Monaco.City losing easily to Barca at home,Liverpool not making through the group stage!

With all the money in the league,it is not a good league..[/quote']

It's an incredibly competitive league, which means that sides are more tired. PSG were playing Lens at the weekend, and they're dire. There's also the argument that the Premier League is played in a more different style to European football than any of the continental leagues.

It's an incredibly competitive league' date=' which means that sides are more tired. PSG were playing Lens at the weekend, and they're dire. There's also the argument that the Premier League is played in a more different style to European football than any of the continental leagues.[/quote']

We had no game at the weekend :)

We don't get enough from Oscar,Willian or Ramires.

Hard to believe Everton could actually be the only team left in europe for england after this round.

Makes you wonder :rolleyes:

You say that like Danny Welbeck isn't going to score a twenty five yard scorpion kick against Real Madrid in the final to win Arsenal the CL :rolleyes:

It's an incredibly competitive league' date=' which means that sides are more tired. PSG were playing Lens at the weekend, and they're dire. There's also the argument that the Premier League is played in a more different style to European football than any of the continental leagues.[/quote']

That's probably the funniest post I've seen in a while.Chelsea had no game at the weekend and every league has its own style but the teams manage to adapt their style and be as good in UCL as they are in the league.I guess it depends on the manager aswell anyway...

We had no game at the weekend :)

We don't get enough from Oscar' date='Willian or Ramires.[/quote']

Point still stands over a number of games. More games against higher quality opposition means a more tired squad. Not tired enough to explain your wilting after about 50 minutes today, but still hugely different from a lot of Euro leagues.

A fair few City fans on Bluemoon (City forum) have been following Lille this season since Lopes is on loan there. Half of the comments on how low quality a league Ligue Un is. PSG will pretty much need to just turn up every week.

I'd like to believe this, but even so, I think the standard of our league has dropped and it's time we admit as much. We have the resources to fix it, so it's time we do something about it

I'd like to believe this' date=' but even so, I think the standard of our league has dropped and it's time we admit as much. We have the resources to fix it, so it's time we do something about it[/quote']

It has,the likes of Willian,Oscar,Ramires are average enough,yet are in the team of the league leaders.

Liverpool have a lot of average players yet could finish top 4

Man U are a mess,Arsenal are Arsenal,City have looked poor most of the season,yet are second.

I don't.

Playing the second leg at home is always advantageous and Chelsea got to play an extra 30 minutes in front of their own fans. Allowing the away goal rule to continue into extra time keeps it fair.

Absolutely fantastic game management from PSG in the last few minutes. I'm not particularly a fan of it' date=' but you have to admit - it is effective.[/quote']

I don't understand how it's fair when in modern football playing away or home it's almost irrelevant and one team has more minutes than other to score away.

Diego Costa didn't score this year in CL..

Hopefully they'll be no excuses from him. But with Mourinho being Mourinho' date=' I highly doubt that will happen.[/quote']

3rn5kb.jpg

It's quite refreshing to see Mourinho being diplomatic and honest (after a defeat) in his post-match interview.

I don't understand how it's fair when in modern football playing away or home it's almost irrelevant and one team has more minutes than other to score away.

Diego Costa didn't score this year in CL..

Could you provide evidence that playing home or away is irrelevant? I think you're making up some absolute garbage there.

90mins against 10 men' date='that was terrible,but it proves that the prem league is overrated.Arsenal outclassed at home to Monaco.City losing easily to Barca at home,Liverpool not making through the group stage!

With all the money in the league,it is not a good league..[/quote']

These kinds of comments are both stupid and infuriating.

Just because a team from another league beat a team from the prem does not make the prem over or under rated. By that reasoning League One is better than the EPL. You were pants tonight. SO BAD. Players showed no desire whatsoever.

Each game should be looked at individually and no further. PSG were miles better tonight and deserve to go through. But Ligue Un is woefully poor. Arsenal were disgraceful two weeks ago and got beat by an incredibly poor European side. Anyone who says anything else is just wrong and deluded. The fact Monaco are in the CL with their squad is testament to how bad the league is.

Richest league in the world likely to have no English team in the last 8?

Not good enough.

You're reading way too much into it.

If four English teams drew Barca, Bayern, Real and Juve and all went out in the R16 it would not mean the league is failing. It means in each individual game, the better team won.

if you play to win like every team does or should do' date=' it's irrelevant the field you play.[/quote']

No, it isn't. I bet you that the vast majority of teams will pick up more points at home than they will away across every single league. It's why these CL ties are held over two legs.

if you play to win like every team does or should do' date=' it's irrelevant the field you play.[/quote']

Have you ever played any sport yourself?

On the few occasions I played in front of a couple of hundred people on my side, it definitely motivated me in a significant way. I can only imagine the impact of playing in front of 40,000+ of your own fans.