Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

if you play to win like every team does or should do' date=' it's irrelevant the field you play.[/quote']

No, it isn't. I bet you that the vast majority of teams will pick up more points at home than they will away across every single league. It's why these CL ties are held over two legs.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bradford

• ashtini

• Keith Fitz

• Hunty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Well, if the moment when Silva scored the winner for PSG ever becomes a "what were you doing when.." moment, then here's what Cahill and Terry was doing:

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread Probably mistook the ball for a sheep...

if you play to win like every team does or should do' date=' it's irrelevant the field you play.[/quote']

Have you ever played any sport yourself?

On the few occasions I played in front of a couple of hundred people on my side, it definitely motivated me in a significant way. I can only imagine the impact of playing in front of 40,000+ of your own fans.

No' date=' it isn't. I bet you that the vast majority of teams will pick up more points at home than they will away across every single league. It's why these CL ties are held over two legs.[/quote']

It happens because teams tend to be a bit more cautious away than at home. Playing away or at home is just a mental problem, the players at high level have to be mentality strong to surpass that. Imo, the field only makes difference if it's artificial/natural pitch.

I have played handball .

It happens because teams tend to be a bit more cautious away than at home. Playing away or at home is just a mental problem' date=' the players at high level have to be mentality strong to surpass that. Imo, the field only makes difference if it's artificial/natural pitch.

I have played handball .[/quote']

They may be more cautious away but, in the same manner of thinking, home teams are expected to control the game. If the away side didn't exert caution then they know the home team will be pressing forwards and will take advantage of any errors.

I also think you're disregarding the effect of having a crowd support you, and baying the referee. I don't think Ibra would have been sent off for that in Paris but the ref had 40,000 Londoners screaming for a red. The Costa penalty was probably his way of making amends for a crap call.

It happens because teams tend to be a bit more cautious away than at home. Playing away or at home is just a mental problem' date=' the players at high level have to be mentality strong to surpass that. Imo, the field only makes difference if it's artificial/natural pitch.

I have played handball .[/quote']

That's all just an opinion. The facts show that player at home is a huge advantage over playing away.

I just checked the Premiership this season and only one team out of the 20 has won more points away from home.

I don't understand how it's fair when in modern football playing away or home it's almost irrelevant and one team has more minutes than other to score away.

Diego Costa didn't score this year in CL..

Of course not everybody likes the away goal rule but I think that youre using the wrong game here to show why it shouldnt be in place.

They may be more cautious away but' date=' in the same manner of thinking, home teams are expected to control the game. If the away side didn't exert caution then they know the home team will be pressing forwards and will take advantage of any errors.

I also think you're disregarding the effect of having a crowd support you, and baying the referee. I don't think Ibra would have been sent off for that in Paris but the ref had 40,000 Londoners screaming for a red. The Costa penalty was probably his way of making amends for a crap call.[/quote']

Teams have an proper DNA, some are able to control away, home or in a neutral field but the majority prefers to sit back and bet in the counter attack. Teams are expected to play to win in every stadium despite having more or less arguments to achieve that.

or was it a way to prove isn't the crowd that decides the way the game goes but him?

Midnight, if you have played handball, you would know that you had no time to breath because the game is defense-attack-defense, let alone have time to listen what anyone sings..

I am not against the away goal rule. I am against it in the extra time.

Teams have an proper DNA' date=' some are able to control away, home or in a neutral field but the majority prefers to sit back and bet in the counter attack. Teams are expected to play to win in every stadium despite having more or less arguments to achieve that.

or was it a way to prove isn't the crowd that decides the way the game goes but him?

Midnight, if you have played handball, you would know that you had no time to breath because the game is defense-attack-defense, let alone have time to listen what anyone sings..

I am not against the away goal rule. I am against it in the extra time.[/quote']

This is an absolutely ridiculous argument that, to be honest, I can't believe we are even having. To suggest that playing at home doesn't give a team a big advantage is one of the most foolish things I have ever heard.

There is a reason teams set up to play counter-attacking football away from home. You're trying to say that teams don't perform away from home because they play the counter attack, but it's the other way around. Teams play the counter attack because they are away from home.

Not having time to breath in handball is not even remotely related to the discussion so I'm not sure why you've brought it up. To suggest that playing in front of their own fans doesn't motivate players because they shouldn't be concentrating on that, is once again ridiculous. You have this thing called a subconscious. And it's rather powerful.

I'm well aware what you are against. I'm not a huge fan of the away goal myself. But if you're going to use it in normal time, you absolutely have to use it in extra time also. How is it fair to have one team play a second leg at home and get an extra 30 minutes (and potentially penalties) all in front of their home fans? While if you manage to score an away goal in extra time it should just count as normal? Come on.

Dunno about overrated but premier league is quite clearly not very good these days. Chelsea started well but have been quite mediocre for the last few months. The only reason they are still top is because they are being chased by an even more mediocre City side. Liverpool were embarrassing in the CL and if not for a dodgy pen they would have finished dead bottom in their group. Arsenal are well....Arsenal. You can always count on them to bottle it. Less said about United, the better. We can't even make it to Europe and that pretty much says it all. Only Everton have done anything of note in Europe this season and

It takes a great deal of arrogance to put down the French league after what Monaco and PSG have done in the last couple of weeks. No, doubt the overall quality of the French league is not as high as the PL but it's hardly a walk in the park for PSG. Montpellier won the league despite PSG's millions a couple of years back. Lyon's academy players top the league right now with Marseille in there as well which is ironic given Mourinho was moaning about Chelsea having to compete in the league while Bayern had a free ride. Tiredness is a ridiculous argument. Not only does Mourinho not rotate a lot but Chelsea usually have about 500 players away on loan every season. Yes, Chelsea play more tougher games across a season but you could argue that it leaves them in a better shape to compete in the CL.

PSG were the team on the night despite the referee trying his best to help out Chelsea. PSG are the better team in general.

Also, Willian is the most pointless player I've ever seen.

Other than the period around the Cuadrado transfer he has been pretty avg offensively, but its his defense that saw him chosen over Schurrle after Schurrle had first crack but was really suffering from world cup hangover. Cuadrado really should fancy his chances of taking his place unless Ramires gets t the nod or we switch the 4-3-3.

This is an understatement. Have you watched Willian once this season? :o

Not sure what you're implying.

But, yes I've watched a fair bit of him at Chelsea. He works hard; that's pretty much all I've deduced from watching him play. An attacking midfielder who works hard for 30m. Seems a bit pointless if you ask me.

Point still stands over a number of games. More games against higher quality opposition means a more tired squad. Not tired enough to explain your wilting after about 50 minutes today' date=' but still hugely different from a lot of Euro leagues.

A fair few City fans on Bluemoon (City forum) have been following Lille this season since Lopes is on loan there. Half of the comments on how low quality a league Ligue Un is. PSG will pretty much need to just turn up every week.[/quote']

Tiredness should not come into conversation. PSG is fighting in all 4 competitions still, with an extremely depleted squad all season. Last week I believe they had a 17 year old on the bench, and just couldn't make any relevant subs as Rabiot was perhaps their only viable option.

Where's Keith Fitz? I want to hear his excuses. Come on Keith' date=' give me my morning entertainment.[/quote']

lol!

no excuses,performed poorly,but it confirms my thoughts.If we truly are the best team in the premier league,it shows how poor this league is.The top teams in England are not good enough,and people are brainwashed by sky.

This is an absolutely ridiculous argument that' date=' to be honest, I can't believe we are even having. To suggest that playing at home doesn't give a team a big advantage is one of the most foolish things I have ever heard.

There is a reason teams set up to play counter-attacking football away from home. You're trying to say that teams don't perform away from home because they play the counter attack, but it's the other way around. Teams play the counter attack [i']because[/i] they are away from home.

Not having time to breath in handball is not even remotely related to the discussion so I'm not sure why you've brought it up. To suggest that playing in front of their own fans doesn't motivate players because they shouldn't be concentrating on that, is once again ridiculous. You have this thing called a subconscious. And it's rather powerful.

I'm well aware what you are against. I'm not a huge fan of the away goal myself. But if you're going to use it in normal time, you absolutely have to use it in extra time also. How is it fair to have one team play a second leg at home and get an extra 30 minutes (and potentially penalties) all in front of their home fans? While if you manage to score an away goal in extra time it should just count as normal? Come on.

If the subconscious is powerful as you say the people have to be mentality strong to not see the difference between playing home or away. In a modern world, full of competitiveness only the mentality strong will survive and people should not be negative or pessimistic if they aren't in their Comfort zone. Players have to be motivated to do their job, despite the field they have to play, despite of how many fans are cheering for you or against.