Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

10 points up top' date=' 6 games to go :)

I think the golden number is now 9 points - we need the combination of Arsenal's dropped points and our gained points to be 9 to win the title.[/quote']

Think you only need a point at Arsenal to win? (Maybe 3 points). Either way it seems impossible for Chelsea not to win this title. Dont see you going on that bad of a run, espeically with no competitions to distract.

Just got back from dinner' date=' missed the second half but delighted with the result, especially after reading about how the second half went. Delighted :).[/quote']

Was feeling sort of sour after the game, but at the end of the day one result doesn't change much - Chelsea will deservedly become champions at the end of the season, and as consolation at least Tony won't be right.

Do expect more competition next season haha.

EDIT: Must add, great reception for Mata today - really didn't expect it to be that thorough. Even when he was taking corners they were applauding him like he was still Chelsea's.

Arsenal - Chelsea

1-1 draw?

Think you only need a point at Arsenal to win? (Maybe 3 points). Either way it seems impossible for Chelsea not to win this title. Dont see you going on that bad of a run' date=' espeically with no competitions to distract.[/quote']

Best to secure the title before celebrating. One way to get those 9 points would be to win 2 games and have Arsenal lose 1.

Leaving the ground following the Chelsea victory over United it was hard not to feel anything but delight. This was a methodical performance, the team completely negated one of the league's in form sides, who a week ago put four past Manchester City. On this occasion, United looked lost on the ball, Kurt Zouma marked Marouane Fellaini out of the game from the first minute and despite having 70 percent of possession throughout the match, the team in red looked bereft of ideas.

The majority of their possession was at the feet of a defensive trio in Paddy McNair, Chris Smalling and Antonio Valencia at the half way line. There was not a single clue between them as to how they could breakdown Chelsea, now that lobbing the ball up to Fellaini was no longer an option. In the end the two centre backs decided pot shots from thirty yards out would be the best solution. It really wasn't.

With that in mind, it came as somewhat of a shock to read on my timeline that Chelsea fans should feel embarrassed by the performance or that for some reason we should not be proud of that win. It wasn't the performance of champions. These are the rambling of football's alleged purists, rooting out the evil, enemy of the game that is Jose Mourinho. In reality, the problem isn't Mourinho, it is the self-righteous, naive mind that thinks a pragmatic performance is anything but the right way to play football.

Football is, after all, the only sport that so thoroughly chastises those who excel at defending. For those who need reminding, defending is half the game. Imagine a boxer being criticised for not allowing his opponent to hit him. Floyd Mayweather, boxing's most technically proficient fighter, will hereby be known as "The Anti Boxer". Imagine thinking the Seattle Seahawks are an enemy of the NFL as opposed to the embodiment of it. Or that San Antonio's empire in the Tim Duncan era should be forgotten because they can defend their own half of the court.

Just read an article on SB Nation and this quite pretty much sums up my view on the whole matter of "Anti-Football".

I'm all for getting the job done whatever the way is but at the same time but a section of fans also believes that Mourinho is a hypocrite in criticizing Sam for doing the same.

I think in a twisted Mourinho way it was a 'backhanded insult' so to say, however the media will always twist it for a better story. Having said that, we all know Mourinho can be a hypocrite to get the media focus off his players.

I think in a twisted Mourinho way it was a 'backhanded insult' so to say' date=' however the media will always twist it for a better story. Having said that, we all know Mourinho can be a hypocrite to get the media focus off his players.[/quote']

exactly on all counts......

Mourinho and Allardyce are pals though, a little friendly ribbing and all that.

Very different context from the usual criticisms of defense-first football.

In the end it's always a question of the team prioritizing offense or defense and sadly for the critics I must say that at the top level, defense-first teams seem to be more likely to win titles across all the different professional sports.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2436298-hotel-doorman-confuses-jose-mourinho-after-marouane-fellaini-brother-mix-up

Mourinho said, per Cross:

I came down in the morning and the doorman said, "Fellaini isn’t playing."

The doorman asked him, "What do you want here?" He said, "I’m Fellaini and I’ve come to get tickets from my friend Eden Hazard."

Didn’t smell well for me. I go to Google on my phone and I put in Fellaini brother. The guy is the same.

So I go with the pictures to the doorman. I say, "This one or this one?" He looks, "This one."

"F--- off, he’s the brother.”

lmao

Btw, honestly, when it's a big team vs a big team, i don't think moral victories exist. Only the result matters.

When it's a big team vs a small team, I get it. it would be quite concerning to lose to the bottom of the table team with a bad performance since that would signal the likelihood of repetition. A loss with a dominating performance wouldn't be too bad as long as it was an anomaly.

Mourinho and Allardyce are pals though' date=' a little friendly ribbing and all that.

Very different context from the usual criticisms of defense-first football.

In the end it's always a question of the team prioritizing offense or defense and sadly for the critics I must say that at the top level, defense-first teams seem to be more likely to win titles across all the different professional sports.[/quote']

Chelsea controlled the game,anyone who cannot see or understand that don't get football.

Chelsea controlled the game' date='anyone who cannot see or understand that don't get football.[/quote']

Well, I think United controlled certain aspects of the game too, but perhaps not as much as people seem to think. I feel like the defensive and strategic aspects of the game genuinely get overlooked by a sizable chunk of the casual viewers.

To be fair though, I do think that these aspects are only fun for the team that's winning (successfully trolling other teams with defense is much more fun than being trolled)

So I guess the only fans who really appreciate defense are the ones whose teams are winning with defense?