Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

Fantastic game so far.

Agreed. That Abraham has one hell of a finish on him! Very exciting though and well poised going into the second half.

City could do with a bit more of the ball but I think we're doing alright considering the magnitude of the occasion is new to our players and we also have several out with injury.

Agreed. That Abraham has one hell of a finish on him! Very exciting though and well poised going into the second half.

City could do with a bit more of the ball but I think we're doing alright considering the magnitude of the occasion is new to our players and we also have several out with injury.

Your keeper hasn't helped much but then he is only 16. Considering some of the Chelsea players have more experience I think City are doing ok, seem to have come out for the second half much better.

On another note I didn't realise the academy had it's own stadium for the youth teams to play in, fantastic looking set-up.

Your keeper hasn't helped much but then he is only 16. Considering some of the Chelsea players have more experience I think City are doing ok' date=' seem to have come out for the second half much better.

On another note I didn't realise the academy had it's own stadium for the youth teams to play in, fantastic looking set-up.[/quote']

Fair point. I don't think he often plays alongside this defence either as several of them already play in the U21s the majority of the time.

Yeah, it's a really impressive complex and the women's side play in the mini stadium too.

_55457484_55457481.jpg

The mini stadium is in the top left of the academy complex that has the indoor pitch at its centre. The Etihad is just over the road in the distance in the top left of the picture.

Think you deserved the win but the third was a little cruel with us pressing well for the last 10/20 minutes. Chelsea better physically and City's defence' date=' especially Haug in net, a little naive.[/quote']

ya Chelsea got a bit complacent too,but ya just about deserved it,in the end..

Enjoyed watching the game last night. Glad we got the third, bit of a cushion to have for the second game on Monday (also on ITV4 :)).

Both us and City have some very promising youngsters, I really do genuinely hope both clubs continue to develop these players at the rate they have so far.

Also, the set-up at City is brilliant, even more impressive when you see it in person.

_____

Strong rumours have emerged linking us with Koke and Dybala.

Koke apparently has a buyout clause of £50m but we would supposedly like to sweeten the deal with Luis going the other way. I'd be amazed if we got him, and equally chuffed. If Oscar does leave, the money from his sale would certainly help.

Dybala's agent has said we have made £29m bid, but PSG have lodged one for £3.5m more.

Not sure how much I believe either of these but I'd be happy if we went after both.

Enjoyed watching the game last night. Glad we got the third' date=' bit of a cushion to have for the second game on Monday (also on ITV4 :)).

Both us and City have some very promising youngsters, I really do genuinely hope both clubs continue to develop these players at the rate they have so far.

Also, the set-up at City is brilliant, even more impressive when you see it in person.

_____

Koke apparently has a buyout clause of £50m but we would supposedly like to sweeten the deal with Luis going the other way. I'd be amazed if we got him, and equally chuffed. If Oscar does leave, the money from his sale would certainly help.

Dybala's agent has said we have made £29m bid, but PSG have lodged one for £3.5m more.

Not sure how much I believe either of these but I'd be happy if we went after both.[/quote']

Not sure Dybala is worth that amount, not the way we've conducted our buisness of late, we got Cesc and Costa for pretty similar amounts, also If we were to go for any Atleti player id like it to be Greizman, flying at the moment and can play up top or out wide, would suit Mourinho who likes that versatility.

Not sure Dybala is worth that amount' date=' not the way we've conducted our buisness of late, we got Cesc and Costa for pretty similar amounts, also If we were to go for any Atleti player id like it to be Greizman, flying at the moment and can play up top or out wide, would suit Mourinho who likes that versatility.[/quote']

The other striker I'd like is Lacazette (I've posted about him in pretty much every club thread haha) tbh but I'm not sure how much he would cost.

Griezmann would be lovely, but Bayern are reportedly very keen on him, not sure I'd like that battle tbh.

The other striker I'd like is Lacazette (I've posted about him in pretty much every club thread haha) tbh but I'm not sure how much he would cost.

Griezmann would be lovely' date=' but Bayern are reportedly very keen on him, not sure I'd like that battle tbh.[/quote']

Our good Rapport with Atleti could serve us well, and even though he wasnt playing with T-Bo, Diego and Luis im sure they could still have some sort of impact in the decision, Heck even Torres should have mainly good things to say about the club. Would be interesting if Bayern do go for him, who do they part with, Ribery im guessing.

Laca would be great too, but id imagine more competiton on him than Greizman and as you said with Koke, we always have the barganing chip of Luis to use with Atleti where as Lyon would all but need to be a cash only deal unless Remy fancies going back to France.

Enjoyed watching the game last night. Glad we got the third' date=' bit of a cushion to have for the second game on Monday (also on ITV4 :)).

_____

[b']Dybala's agent has said we have made £29m bid, but PSG have lodged one for £3.5m more. [/b]

Not sure how much I believe either of these but I'd be happy if we went after both.

Iam not convinced on Dybala plus iam sure i read today on sky sports that he prefers a move to spain anyway....would be better of going for Laca or Vietto

Iam not convinced on Dybala plus iam sure i read today on sky sports that he prefers a move to spain anyway....would be better of going for Laca or Vietto

I quite like him, but I think Vietto is a nice little shout there, while clubs are concentrating on Dybala we could sneak under the radar for him.

I quite like him' date=' but I think Vietto is a nice little shout there, while clubs are concentrating on Dybala we could sneak under the radar for him.[/quote']

exactly let them scramble and sneak under the radar Vietto has kind of been out of the limelight this season he very rarely gets mentioned while Dybala well everyone knows who he is now...

they would probably be available for similar prices also...

Koke could be a good addition as got mentioned i rank him better than Oscar find him a bit inconsistent at times...

Instead of spending £30m on Lacazette/Vietto/Dybala' date=' why not promote the Championship Player of the Year who has a near 1:2 goals to game ratio to a squad role and let him learn from Costa and Drogba?[/quote']

I said a few posts/or pages back I'd love to have him return.

If Boro' go up though I see them having him for another season.

Instead of spending £30m on Lacazette/Vietto/Dybala' date=' why not promote the Championship Player of the Year who has a near 1:2 goals to game ratio to a squad role and let him learn from Costa and Drogba?[/quote']

because we want him back next season so would prefare they buy someone new :)

I said a few posts/or pages back I'd love to have him return.

If Boro' go up though I see them having him for another season.

My bad - shows me up for being lazy and not reading all the posts.

What happens when Bournemouth and the mighty 'Ornssss go up and Boro stay in the champ ;)

This is Chelsea and this is Mourinho....

He cares about the here and now, youth promotion is not something he believes in or promotes his career shows that....

Bamford is a decent young player,but he said he would rather another loan deal than sit on the bench at Chelsea.I would like to see him loaned out in the prem,before we know how good he actually is.Chelsea are a top top club,so you have to be pretty good to break through.He could be good enough to be a 3rd choice striker at the club,but again,he wants to play,and I would rather him loaned to a prem club to see how he develops.Chelsea have some good youth players,and some of them are very young,but one or two of them will see more gametime next season.

Bamford is a decent young player' date='but he said he would rather another loan deal than sit on the bench at Chelsea.I would like to see him loaned out in the prem,before we know how good he actually is.Chelsea are a top top club,so you have to be pretty good to break through.He could be good enough to be a 3rd choice striker at the club,but again,he wants to play,and I would rather him loaned to a prem club to see how he develops.Chelsea have some good youth players,and some of them are very young,but one or two of them will see more gametime next season.[/quote']

If Jose is serious about developing youth, the next 6 games are going to go a long way to proving that. Provided we defeat Arsenal, we have 4-5 games in which he should be playing at least 2 youth players, even if he gives them 45minutes from the start, he can either sub them for two more young players or for starters.

What are the teams likely to be for your next 2 games? is Zouma going to feature?

I'd very much hope so' date=' he looked tired at the end of the Utd game but I'd like to think he will play as I preferred him there to a Ramires, or a Mikel etc.

I'd play Remy at anything above 70%. If not I'd guess at Cesc up top maybe, hard to call that one with doubts on all three of our strikers.

I'd like to see Willian back in over Oscar.

My ideal.

[center']Courtois

Ivanovic-Cahill-Terry-Azpilicueta

Zouma-Matic

Willian-Fabregas-Hazard

Remy[/center]

or

What Jose will prob go for.

Courtois

Zouma-Matic

Oscar-Fabregas-Hazard

Remy

or

Worst case.

Courtois

Zouma-Matic

Willian-Oscar-Hazard

Fabregas

Solanke waiting on the bench to be a super sub!!