Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread

I have said it many times...

1.Sky and the British media brainwash people into thinking English players are top talents. (Sterling' date='Barkley)

2.Not sure he has the right mentality

3.Relys on pace big-style,very lttle end product,and very naive

Yes he is young,but we are talking about 40mill and a 200,000 a week contract? If I was Liverpool I would jump at the chance and get rid of him for that.

Have you seen Griezmann play?[/quote']

1) That doesn't mean that none of them are top talents.

2) He's turned down a £100k contract (a 200% pay rise) and a cushty role at Liverpool to fight more to make the first team elsewhere, but where he could win things. That, IMO is the right mentality.

3) He's only 20. Ronaldo's end product was all over the place at the same age. Plenty of time to learn.

The price is because he is home grown and that rumoured wage is that British media codswallop you so helpfully pointed out in point 1.

I haven't seen much of Griezmann, but that isn't the point I'm arguing. He may well be better than Sterling but I don't think you need to demean Raheem to do that.

Yes true' date='I know that,but my main point was(from Chelsea point of view),that I hope we don't go for Sterling and hope we go for Griezmann.[/quote']

That's understandable, Griezmann is twice the player Sterling currently is, and would most likely be cheaper.

1) That doesn't mean that none of them are top talents.

2) He's turned down a £100k contract (a 200% pay rise) and a cushty role at Liverpool to fight more to make the first team elsewhere' date=' but where he could win things. That, IMO is the right mentality.

3) He's only 20. Ronaldo's end product was all over the place at the same age. Plenty of time to learn.

The price is because he is home grown and that rumoured wage is that British media codswallop you so helpfully pointed out in point 1.

I haven't seen much of Griezmann, but that isn't the point I'm arguing. He may well be better than Sterling but I don't think you need to demean Raheem to do that.[/quote']

No I was just asking if you have seen Greizmann play as a matter of interest..

Not sure I agree with point 1 though,who is to say that he may want to leave for the money...

You say he is turned down a 100k week contract to join a club who may pay him 200k..

Also you say yourself that he has a lot to learn,so you are paying 40mill and 200k for possible potential..

That's understandable' date=' Griezmann is twice the player Sterling currently is, and would most likely be cheaper.[/quote']

Doubt he'd be any cheaper. Atletico get big bucks for their best players and Griezmann moved there last summer for £24m. His value has risen massively since then and I reckon you'd be looking at over £40m.

And City also value Sterling's home grown status very highly with us losing Lampard, Sinclair, probably Milner and possibly others this summer.

No I was just asking if you have seen Greizmann play as a matter of interest..

Not sure I agree with point 1 though' date='who is to say that he may want to leave for the money...

You say he is turned down a 100k week contract to join a club who may pay him 200k..

Also you say yourself that he has a lot to learn,so you are paying 40mill and 200k for possible potential..[/quote']

City are not going to offer Sterling £200k a week. I'd be surprised if we offered him much more than the offer he's turned down at Liverpool.

Doubt he'd be any cheaper. Atletico get big bucks for their best players and Griezmann moved there last summer for £24m. His value has risen massively since then and I reckon you'd be looking at over £40m.

And City also value Sterling's home grown status very highly with us losing Lampard' date=' Sinclair, probably Milner and possibly others this summer.[/quote']

I can't see it being over £40m, I'd say £40m would be the maximum if anything, however no one can no for sure, so my guess is as well as yours.

I can't see it being over £40m' date=' I'd say £40m would be the maximum if anything, however no one can no for sure, so my guess is as well as yours.[/quote']

£43.5 is his current buy-out clause, we are apparently willing to meet that.

I can't see it being over £40m' date=' I'd say £40m would be the maximum if anything, however no one can no for sure, so my guess is as well as yours.[/quote']

They got around that for Aguero and Falcao and the transfer market has become more expensive since. Especially with FFP seemingly out of the window.

I wouldn't be surprised' date='by the way,you seem fairly sure he will actually join City?[/quote']

I don't think Silva gets £200k a week. Sterling won't be on that much.

We're bookies favourites and the number of ex-Liverpool players who've made examples of players that have moved to City is conspicuously high. We'll be in the market for a winger or 2 and Sterling's age and home grown status will mean we'll be happy to pay a fair bit for him.

If we don't get him than that's fine too. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Griezmann is 4 years older than Sterling and although he is an excellent player now Griezmann was no different to Sterling at 20.

Big reputation for being a potential talent who would often show case his ability in games but lacked composure and maturity on the ball in the final third, he also had a tendency to go missing in games. Sound familiar?!

Griezmann is 4 years older than Sterling and although he is an excellent player now Griezmann was no different to Sterling at 20.

Big reputation for being a potential talent who would often show case his ability in games but lacked composure and maturity on the ball in the final third' date=' he also had a tendency to go missing in games. Sound familiar?![/quote']

Your point is? That doesn't mean Sterling will reach Griezmanns level,you are talking about a finished(ish) product for approx the same price.Have we a few sensitive Englishmen about?:D

Griezmann would help Chelsea move to the next level,Sterling would not make our starting 11..

Your point is? That doesn't mean Sterling will reach Griezmanns level' date='you are talking about a finished(ish) product for approx the same price.Have we a few sensitive Englishmen about?:D[/quote']

Sterling may turn out to be worse than Griezmann, he may trun out to be better. Hell Griezmann my move from Atletico and be a complete failure at his next club, no one knows the future.

My point is that it is stupid to try and compare the two. One is older and has matured into his ability, the other is still yet to reach his full potential.

Sterling may turn out to be worse than Griezmann' date=' he may trun out to be better. Hell Griezmann my move from Atletico and be a complete failure at his next club, no one knows the future.

My point is that it is stupid to try and compare the two. One is older and has matured into his ability, the other is still yet to reach his full potential.[/quote']

But you are missing the context...

Both players have been linked with Chelsea,my basic point is,that I hope we go for Griezmann and not Sterling,I am not comparing them as such,just simply(if you are to believe the press),IF we really are interested in them,I would much prefer went for the frenchman.:)

Both players have been linked with Chelsea' date='my basic point is,that I hope we go for Griezmann and not Sterling,I am not comparing them as such,just simply(if you are to believe the press),IF we really are interested in them,I would much prefer went for the frenchman.:)[/quote']

But what's good for Chelsea is not necessarily best for everybody else. And labelling Sterling as overrated and the next SWP without any argument just makes you sound ridiculous.

But what's good for Chelsea is not necessarily best for everybody else. And labelling Sterling as overrated and the next SWP without any argument just makes you sound ridiculous.

Well he is overrated and I have explained many times why he is too,why would I explain every post? :)

Both players have been linked with Chelsea' date='my basic point is,that I hope we go for Griezmann and not Sterling,I am not comparing them as such,just simply(if you are to believe the press),IF we really are interested in them,I would much prefer went for the frenchman.:)[/quote']

Pretty such you did compare them. In your original post you stated you wanted Griezmann because he doesn't rely on pace, which he does in parts, and has a better end product.

I have pointed out that when Griezmann was the same age as Sterling he too had trouble with his end product and went missing in games.

Well he is overrated and I have explained many times why he is too' date='why would I explain every post? :)[/quote']

You've explained once and your argument was:

1) All English players are overrated, which is a gross generalisation.

2) He doesn't have the right mentality, despite having Liverpool rely on him all season and turning down an offer to triple his wage because he doesn't think he's at the right club.

3) He's naive and lacks some end product, which is a mark of being young. He's no worse in that regard than several world class players were at 20.

Pretty such you did compare them. In your original post you stated you wanted Griezmann because he doesn't rely on pace' date=' which he does in parts, and has a better end product.

I have pointed out that when Griezmann was the same age as Sterling he too had trouble with his end product and went missing in games.[/quote']

I think people are over thinking the whole thing to be honest,no matter what I say it won't be enough..

Lets all pretend I think Sterling is class. :D

You've explained once and your argument was:

1) All English players are overrated' date=' which is a gross generalisation.

2) He doesn't have the right mentality, despite having Liverpool rely on him all season and turning down an offer to triple his wage because he doesn't think he's at the right club.

3) He's naive and lacks some end product, which is a mark of being young. He's no worse in that regard than several world class players were at 20.[/quote']

No I have explained previously,just not tonight!

Hmm,selective reading again,very common on these forums..:rolleyes:

I think people are over thinking the whole thing to be honest' date='no matter what I say it won't be enough..

Lets all pretend I think Sterling is class. :D[/quote']

I really couldn't give a toss whether you think Sterling is good or not, I just think you are being naive when trying to compare him to a player much older and more mature.

No I have explained previously' date='just not tonight!

Hmm,selective reading again,very common on these forums..:rolleyes:[/quote']

Yes, I've selected to not go through your post history to attempt to find suggestions from you that Sterling is overrated.

Instead, and much more reasonably, I asked you to give some evidence tonight as to why you thought that. You have refused to debate my counters to your points whatsoever, so I have to assume you've realised your arguments are stupid.