Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

I think they want Moses + Cash' date=' id say Moses is worth 10-15m in this current economic environment, we are selling Cech for 11m. The question we then need to ask is, what do we value Begovic at.[/quote']

£10 - £15 million, way too much. I would be very disappointed if we did sign Moses for that much, especially when Shaqiri is valued around that figure.

Butland to step up next season? :)

Do you think you will get Moses permanently?

I was wrong about the story. Seems to be about Villa looking to sign him, which apparently has a fair bit of truth to it!

Pretty sure Begovic will definitely leave though and more than confident in Butland stepping up this season.

I don't think we will end up signing Moses, he seems to have rejected the idea of coming to us. I'd be happy to have him at the club, he did well for us and we seem to be his level. However I'm hoping that we get our other targets over Moses, a little Ukrainian fella and either a Dutch or Swiss international.

£10 - £15 million' date=' way too much. I would be very disappointed if we did sign Moses for that much, especially when Shaqiri is valued around that figure.[/quote']

We paid 7m for him, money in the league has sky rocketed since then and he performed well for you. Yes you will find some examples of players undervalued and those over priced, heck we've been rumoured to be after Enner Valencia for 25-30m. I would say 10m is the price, but we are pretty decent at getting good money from sales so who knows.

We paid 7m for him' date=' money in the league has sky rocketed since then and he performed well for you. Yes you will find some examples of players undervalued and those over priced, heck we've been rumoured to be after Enner Valencia for 25-30m. I would say 10m is the price, but we are pretty decent at getting good money from sales so who knows.[/quote']

You could of paid £100 million for him, doesn't alter the fact that £10 million is too much for a player that has had 6 months of good playing time in the last however many years.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it. Even Keith is no where to be seen in the Chelsea thread!

Ha,not a fan of the lay-out to be honest(but I have been busy)

Begovic is a good signing,but at the end of the day he replaces Cech(albeit it a good replacement),Falcao has arrived but he is not the player he used to be.A bit to go in the window,but we are not exactly making any statements.Yes we have a good side,but there is a big gap in quality between starters and or bench.We are champions of England and obviously have money,so,so far the window has been a bit of a disappointment..

20mill for Stones and it is rejected? Stay away from English players,they are too inflated.Stones currently would be our 4th choice cb if signed.I am sure you could pick up better defenders for 20mill. Surprised we are not looking at first team players.We won the league,we want to challenge for the champions league,I thought we might make a statement of sorts,but so far we have not.

20mill for Stones and it is rejected? Stay away from English players' date='they are too inflated.Stones currently would be our 4th choice cb if signed.I am sure you could pick up better defenders for 20mill. Surprised we are not looking at first team players.We won the league,we want to challenge for the champions league,I thought we might make a statement of sorts,but so far we have not.[/quote']

The only 'first team player' that would make a difference would be at DM/CM. A Koke or Verratti, at a far push, Greizmann but that's only if Roman is desperate to spend money.

I don't see why we need to improve our starting line-up all that much. I would rather cover quality depth to help us as we our going for titles on four fronts once again.

Stones is highly rated though and it'll be stupid for Everton to sell him for 20m when they could've sell him for much more when he'll developed more aswell. I think it's just the case Chelsea need more HG players to fill the quota. I believe only 4 of them so far in the first team with Moses likely to go (Begovic,Cesc,Cahill,Terry)

Stones is highly rated though and it'll be stupid for Everton to sell him for 20m when they could've sell him for much more when he'll developed more aswell. I think it's just the case Chelsea need more HG players to fill the quota. I believe only 4 of them so far in the first team with Moses likely to go (Begovic' date='Cesc,Cahill,Terry)[/quote']

Begovic, Cahill, Terry, Cesc, Moses (has gone on tour though), Loftus-Cheek, Solanke. But you are right, I think a large chunk of it is homegrown, as well as promise.

The only 'first team player' that would make a difference would be at DM/CM. A Koke or Verratti' date=' at a far push, Greizmann but that's only if Roman is desperate to spend money.

I don't see why we need to improve our starting line-up all that much. I would rather cover quality depth to help us as we our going for titles on four fronts once again.[/quote']

Well that is true,we were fortunate with injuries in general last season.I think Griezmann is gettable.

The only 'first team player' that would make a difference would be at DM/CM. A Koke or Verratti' date=' at a far push, Greizmann but that's only if Roman is desperate to spend money.

I don't see why we need to improve our starting line-up all that much. I would rather cover quality depth to help us as we our going for titles on four fronts once again.[/quote']

I would say there is room for another top Centre Forward. If Costa were to get injured is Falcao really the man to step up? With the rumours that Remy could be sold that only really leaves Bamford unless I am missing someone out.

I would say there is room for another top Centre Forward. If Costa were to get injured is Falcao really the man to step up? With the rumours that Remy could be sold that only really leaves Bamford unless I am missing someone out.

Be hard to get a top CF to play second fiddle to Costa.I would keep Remy,but not sure what is happening there.Falcao would be my 3rd choice....

Ha' date='not a fan of the lay-out to be honest(but I have been busy)

Begovic is a good signing,but at the end of the day he replaces Cech(albeit it a good replacement),Falcao has arrived but he is not the player he used to be.A bit to go in the window,but we are not exactly making any statements.Yes we have a good side,but there is a big gap in quality between starters and or bench.We are champions of England and obviously have money,so,so far the window has been a bit of a disappointment..[/quote']

Chelsea have been doing very well in the market in the last 2 years, maybe Mourinho is looking for the right kind of deal and not splashing cash at the first opportunity! But he really needs to make a couple of very good signings if he wants CL glory.

Chelsea have been doing very well in the market in the last 2 years' date=' maybe Mourinho is looking for the right kind of deal and not splashing cash at the first opportunity! But he really needs to make a couple of very good signings if he wants CL glory.[/quote']

Yeah we are a bit behind Real Madrid,Barca and Bayern,to challenge them we need to make a statement..