Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

It's the same squad that won the league at a canter last season. All it needed was a few tweaks. Making players a little bit unsettled' date=' meaning they have to pay for their place, is a good thing. Far too many Chelsea players have got in the mind-set that they don't really need to perform to keep their spots (particularly defence) and that's dangerous. Baba and Pedro should help the situation.[/quote']

Exactly spot on.I was slagged off for suggestion that months ago.If you have more competition for places,you will also find players will come back to from.

It's the same squad that won the league at a canter last season. All it needed was a few tweaks. Making players a little bit unsettled' date=' meaning they have to pay for their place, is a good thing. Far too many Chelsea players have got in the mind-set that they don't really need to perform to keep their spots (particularly defence) and that's dangerous. Baba and Pedro should help the situation.[/quote']

​Yeah, but every other top team did improve their squad (except arsenal, but they got what they needed, a very good keeper), and Chelsea didn't, and for that they won't be cruising in PL like they did last season. Sure, they've got Pedro now, but i never rated Pedro that much anyway.

​Yeah' date=' but every other top team did improve their squad (except arsenal, but they got what they needed, a very good keeper), and Chelsea didn't, and for that they won't be cruising in PL like they did last season. Sure, they've got Pedro now, but i never rated Pedro that much anyway.[/quote']

People were saying exactly the same about City - Sterling was the only first team player bought and he wasn't a huge improvement on what was there. Adding a player causes others to play differently though. Navas has been fantastic so far as he knows he's playing for his place with Nasri out of the side. Silva is enjoying more space than usual because Sterling plays wider, stretching the defence. Kolarov has been great because Sterling has a better work ethic than Nasri so he can be more confident going forwards that he's not leaving holes. It's the knock on effect that new signings have on a squad.

All Chelsea had done was bring in Falcao but he's unlikely to challenge Costa's first team spot so there's no pressure. Pedro adds some pressure and other signings of that ilk would have helped. Perhaps another CM just to keep Matic and Cesc (both of whom have started the season terribly) on their toes.

People were saying exactly the same about City - Sterling was the only first team player bought and he wasn't a huge improvement on what was there. Adding a player causes others to play differently though. Navas has been fantastic so far as he knows he's playing for his place with Nasri out of the side. Silva is enjoying more space than usual because Sterling plays wider' date=' stretching the defence. Kolarov has been great because Sterling has a better work ethic than Nasri so he can be more confident going forwards that he's not leaving holes. It's the knock on effect that new signings have on a squad.

All Chelsea had done was bring in Falcao but he's unlikely to challenge Costa's first team spot so there's no pressure. Pedro adds some pressure and other signings of that ilk would have helped. Perhaps another CM just to keep Matic and Cesc (both of whom have started the season terribly) on their toes.[/quote']

ya defo without doubt.Some players have taken their places for granted,a few good signings would improve that.Pedro will do that,but we could do with another cm of quality.Costa's hamstring problems are a concern..

Jose seems to think that this a no win....I'm inclined to agree somewhat being that the season is only 2 games in for you' date=' however, your title win last season had what, 3 losses? Think the average over the past decade is 4 losses...a loss today=immense pressure, definitely possible, but a hurdle nonetheless....[/quote']

I think whoever wins will have more than 4 losses.

Jose seems to think that this a no win....I'm inclined to agree somewhat being that the season is only 2 games in for you' date=' however, your title win last season had what, 3 losses? Think the average over the past decade is 4 losses...a loss today=immense pressure, definitely possible, but a hurdle nonetheless....[/quote']

I think this may be the strongest the competition has even been and i can see the winners losing more than 4, or at least a lot more draws than previous seasons.

Ivanovic better bring his game or he's toast, Glad to see Pedro start and WIllian through the middle, shame Oscar is injured though as he was the only person who showed something against Swansea.

Fantastic game to watch this afternoon. Chelsea haven't looked as tough to break down as they did last year, which for a Mourinho team is quite uncharacteristic. Terry has proved time and again to never write him off but is age finally catching upto him?

I'd be a bit concerned if it is, no real top class cover to replace him.

​Yeah' date=' but every other top team did improve their squad (except arsenal, but they got what they needed, a very good keeper), and Chelsea didn't, and for that they won't be cruising in PL like they did last season. Sure, they've got Pedro now, but i never rated Pedro that much anyway.[/quote']

I know right, Pedro is absolutely crap!

More insightful garbage from yourself.

Fantastic game to watch this afternoon. Chelsea haven't looked as tough to break down as they did last year' date=' which for a Mourinho team is quite uncharacteristic. Terry has proved time and again to never write him off but is age finally catching upto him?

More insightful garbage from yourself.[/quote']

Pedro has been very important for Barca down through the years,they have Neymar,Suarez and Messi,very hard to break that.What I like about him is his direct style,thats something Chelsea have lacked on the wing.As regards Terry,too early to say,but I am more concerned about Ivanovic.He has been at fault for a lot of goals we have conceded so far,and every player that has got up against him has destroyed him.

Fantastic game to watch this afternoon. Chelsea haven't looked as tough to break down as they did last year' date=' which for a Mourinho team is quite uncharacteristic. Terry has proved time and again to never write him off but is age finally catching upto him?

More insightful garbage from yourself.[/quote']

From what hole did you come out from? LOL

Chelsea finally managed to win a game, congrats! I know my English is far from perfect, but i never said that Pedro was crap, i just don't like him as a player. Did he improve the team? It seems he did, but i still think chelsea squad needs a bit more quality and more depth. WBA isn't exactly a football powerhouse and you still managed to concede 2 goals...

Nice handy draw for the champs league..

Porto

D.Kiev

Tel Aviv

In other news Kenwright has released a statement saying Stones is not for sale.Perhaps he could have done this earlier,but I am happy with that.The money been quoted was getting out of hand and Stones is not ready to play in a Chelsea first team.

However Chelsea have been chasing Stones for a while,why didn't they release a statement earlier instead of a few days before the window? Everton don't have to sell the player for any price but Martinez seems to have an attitude of how dare anyone bid for our players something needs to be done about it! He could well damage the good relationship Chelsea and Everton have.We have given them players on loan in recent years etc.

Well, that's a tough afternoon for Chelsea. That Chelsea midfield and defense really needs fresh blood, just like it got up front with Falcão and Pedro, Pogba 200M euro transfer (transfer bid plus salary) might be worth it. As for the defense, there have been talks about Varane again. And Falcão starts showing what he does best, scoring goals.

I think we are seeing the trend of champions having an inexplicable malaise the season after' date=' United, City and Chelsea are proof.....7 goals conceded in 4??? Like I said, ASTONISHING......[/quote']

NINE goals conceded in 4 games.I would make an example of most of the team and drop them,see if they are willing to work hard to get back into the team

Jose wrongly stated that that City defeat was fake, nothing unauthentiv today whatsoever......just a bunch of players lacking hunger and verve....they look at the bench and see the likes of with no disrepect, Kenedy and Falcao and feel secure.....they should be hungry to maintain their place......dunno if it were possible, but maybe having a guy like Salah off the bench rather than Kenedy would keep the attacking mids on their toes...Pjanic maybe??? I dunno....

Jose wrongly stated that that City defeat was fake' date=' nothing unauthentiv today whatsoever......just a bunch of players lacking hunger and verve....they look at the bench and see the likes of with no disrepect, Kenedy and Falcao and feel secure.....they should be hungry to maintain their place......dunno if it were possible, but maybe having a guy like Salah off the bench rather than Kenedy would keep the attacking mids on their toes...Pjanic maybe??? I dunno....[/quote']

I said this months ago and most Chelsea fans told me to cop on,I'm afraid I was right.