Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Like vitor said, all of this before the other competitions start??? If I was a Chelsea fan, I'd dread Christmas....the period where the team needs to be well oiled, up and running with the squad players ready to step in when fatigue and inevitable knocks come around.....and it doesn't seem like there's anyone available to correct the problem...Pedro is quality, but it's further back.....Ivanovic and Cahill are liabilities....why not shift Azpi over to the right and throw in Baba.....Costa looks like he's seconds away from throwing a punch, rather than scoring...Fabregas seems to have lost what little work ethic he had and Matic is a shadow of the colussus he was.....

since the community shield, Chelsea looked sluggish, tired, no hunger

Ivanovic - Once a rock, now speedy wingers like Bolasie, Monero etc are getting passed him

Cahill - Has always had an error in him

Terry - It's hard to right him off but speedy players are trying to go against him and he has no pace

Fabregas - doesn't look the same half season player of last year

Matic - Lot his rockness

Hazard - Seems invisible, Thought he was meant to be up there with Ronaldo and Messi

Costa - Always wants to fight or flop, for his age '30+' can only see few years in him

Very strange to see Chelsea in this "state", and whilst I would agree with those who say that it's too early to start using superlatives, there is clearly something fundamentally wrong; this is not just a (small) dip in form. To start with Nemanja Matic - what was the "bolster in midfield" last season seems to have become a clumsy, inattentive individual this season. More than actually losing the ball countless times, he seems to be more of a ball-watcher nowadays, which is worrying as he's the one who really made Chelsea tick. Guaranteed, it doesn't help having minimal support, but even so, you'd expect him to do far better; if only Metaphysical was here to tear me a new one "Busquets style" [which for the record I would accept gracefully].

The player I would drop immediately would have to be Fabregas - absolutely useless in every department; and that for the last eight months, which is frankly absurd for someone with his qualities. He's absolutely abysmal in defending, and whilst that might be pardonable, he does even less up front, which is what is extremely jarring for me. He's supposed to be the liaison between the forward line and the defensive compartment, and as so far shown that he's probably fit to do that for a non-league team.

The second player I would drop would be Hazard - the classic case of the player being placed over the club, and whilst that isn't his doing (as he is by nature a modest and selfless figure), it's something that has been created by the constant overhyping of his qualities; and that not only by Chelsea fans, but by unknowledgeable football fans in general. Ultimately, he is still a sideways dribbler with an eye for the spectacular, but to live up to the "name and fame" many credit him with, he needs to do so much more.

Finally, a third player needing urgent dropping is Costa - a two-season wonder in the making, and all-in-all a dreadful figure.

Very strange to see Chelsea in this "state"' date=' and whilst I would agree with those who say that it's too early to start using superlatives, there is clearly something fundamentally wrong; this is not just a (small) dip in form. To start with Nemanja Matic - what was the "bolster in midfield" last season seems to have become a clumsy, inattentive individual this season. More than actually losing the ball countless times, he seems to be more of a ball-watcher nowadays, which is worrying as he's the one who really made Chelsea tick. Guaranteed, it doesn't help having minimal support, but even so, you'd expect him to do far better; if only Metaphysical was here to tear me a new one "Busquets style" [which for the record I would accept gracefully'].

Matic was Solid in Midfield, Not sure what happened there

The player I would drop immediately would have to be Fabregas - absolutely useless in every department; and that for the last eight months, which is frankly absurd for someone with his qualities. He's absolutely abysmal in defending, and whilst that might be pardonable, he does even less up front, which is what is extremely jarring for me. He's supposed to be the liaison between the forward line and the defensive compartment, and as so far shown that he's probably fit to do that for a non-league team.

Fabregas hasn't done much in 2015 for Chelsea, He did the most assists and like assisted 6 games in a row at the start. Fabregas doesn't like defending

The second player I would drop would be Hazard - the classic case of the player being placed over the club, and whilst that isn't his doing (as he is by nature a modest and selfless figure), it's something that has been created by the constant overhyping of his qualities; and that not only by Chelsea fans, but by unknowledgeable football fans in general. Ultimately, he is still a sideways dribbler with an eye for the spectacular, but to live up to the "name and fame" many credit him with, he needs to do so much more.

He hyped up to much and goes missing, also he basically waits for the fouls at times

Finally, a third player needing urgent dropping is Costa - a two-season wonder in the making, and all-in-all a dreadful figure.

Costa is a 30+ yr old hot head, more focused on being physical, If someone does something to him, he will target them.

I agree just added more

Pogba and Stones on deadline day for a combined 150m pounds, im putting my money on it. Missed the game, was all pumped to watch the replay today, avoided all scores/news from all last night games, then right before i sit down to enjoy it, i click the wrong link and see the score, pretty glad i did tbh as i dont think i couldve sat down and watched the whole thing as bad as it was.

Pogba and Stones on deadline day for a combined 150m pounds' date=' im putting my money on it. Missed the game, was all pumped to watch the replay today, avoided all scores/news from all last night games, then right before i sit down to enjoy it, i click the wrong link and see the score, pretty glad i did tbh as i dont think i couldve sat down and watched the whole thing as bad as it was.[/quote']

Lol nice story. :P

I can see Stones moving, but I doubt Juve will let Pogba leave this window.

Pogba and Stones on deadline day for a combined 150m pounds' date=' im putting my money on it. Missed the game, was all pumped to watch the replay today, avoided all scores/news from all last night games, then right before i sit down to enjoy it, i click the wrong link and see the score, pretty glad i did tbh as i dont think i couldve sat down and watched the whole thing as bad as it was.[/quote']

The board have been very disappointing this season,I get the feeling Jose wanted certain players and the board were not so keen to bring them in.

Finally' date=' a third player needing urgent dropping is Costa - a two-season wonder in the making, and all-in-all a dreadful figure.[/quote']

In my opinion Falcao is a better player than Costa, and i think it will be shown through the course of this season.

The board have been very disappointing this season' date='I get the feeling Jose wanted certain players and the board were not so keen to bring them in.[/quote']

Probably, history repeats itself.

The board have been very disappointing this season' date='I get the feeling Jose wanted certain players and the board were not so keen to bring them in.[/quote']

Mourinho should be doing far better with the squad that he has. The side seems to lack motivation and that's on him. You can't expect to get £100m spent on you every summer.

Mourinho should be doing far better with the squad that he has. The side seems to lack motivation and that's on him. You can't expect to get £100m spent on you every summer.

Players need to work harder as simple as that,we have played more or less the same 11 for a year now too because our squad depth is poor.Man City get 100mill nearly every summer.

Players need to work harder as simple as that' date='we have played more or less the same 11 for a year now too because our squad depth is poor.Man City get 100mill nearly every summer.[/quote']

But you have bought. The squad you have should not be in the position you're in and the blame has to lie with Mourinho. Not the board.

City are fortunate, but I don't and won't ever expect sums of that amount to be spent every year.

But you have bought. The squad you have should not be in the position you're in and the blame has to lie with Mourinho. Not the board.

City are fortunate' date=' but I don't and won't ever expect sums of that amount to be spent every year.[/quote']

Well Jose bought first team players and it improved us,we won the league! But I maintained even last season that our squad players are no were near good enough.Bradford beat the, 4-2 last season as an example.As a result some of our first teamers have no pressure on them.At the end of last season Jose said we needed to kick on and the board have failed him here.A few bad results and suddenly we are looking to buy.The board thought we did not need players with quality..

Yes but that was a laughable first offer and then you made two more bids that weren't going to be accepted. Maybe a deal would have been done if you opened with your first offer.

How much do you think Stones is worth? 25mill max imo.I reckon Chelsea will get him in Jan or the summer for about that price anyway.

How much do you think Stones is worth? 25mill max imo.I reckon Chelsea will get him in Jan or the summer for about that price anyway.

Hi value is difficult to determine due to how stupid the transfer market is especially for English players. Probably around £30m, which is what Luke Shaw went for. However we won't sell him for that, IMO he will be the future Everton captain (if he is still here when Jagielka goes) and a future captain of his country, that added onto the fact that we only have two centre backs and we don't need to sell with Barnsley also getting 15-20% of the transfer fee, I can't see us selling for a penny under £35m. I also don't think he will go to Chelsea, I have heard rumours Pep has had scouts at a number of Everton games (mainly in Europe last season) and there was also interest in him from Barca last summer, it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at one of the top foreign clubs.

Hi value is difficult to determine due to how stupid the transfer market is especially for English players. Probably around £30m' date=' which is what Luke Shaw went for. However we won't sell him for that, IMO he will be the future Everton captain (if he is still here when Jagielka goes) and a future captain of his country, that added onto the fact that we only have two centre backs and we don't need to sell with Barnsley also getting 15-20% of the transfer fee, I can't see us selling for a penny under £35m. I also don't think he will go to Chelsea, I have heard rumours Pep has had scouts at a number of Everton games (mainly in Europe last season) and there was also interest in him from Barca last summer, it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at one of the top foreign clubs.[/quote']

Interesting,he is still very raw though from what I can see.If he was bought it could prove to be a great investment,.but right now he still has a lot to learn.Have a feeling Chelsea will go again in January.. You never know perhaps Chelsea have first option..Barnsley are probably annoyed that he didn't go! :)

Interesting' date='he is still very raw though from what I can see.If he was bought it could prove to be a great investment,.but right now he still has a lot to learn.Have a feeling Chelsea will go again in January.. You never know perhaps Chelsea have first option..Barnsley are probably annoyed that he didn't go! :)[/quote']

If he doesn't got tomorrow, he wont go until next summer unless someone bids a stupid amount. Can't see you having first option, in fact other than Liverpool I can see you being the last team we want to sell to now :P

On the Chelsea front, apart from that CB are you linked with getting anyone else? Is the Pogba deal still possible?