Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

The main thing I'm absolutely shocked about it is the way Jose seems to casually brush off criticism nowadays. In the same way that Advocaat openly stated that he'd be holding "crisis meetings", Jose should be doing the same, as it's not normal for the champions to have already lost as many games as they did in a whole season last season, in five games this season.

However, he seems to be more focused on letting everyone know that it's mostly been a question of luck so far, and that Chelsea's luck hasn't been there in the past couple of weeks. He might be partially right for all you know; for example: no way could Martinez have predicted his forced sub to make a three-goal impact, but because of his [Jose's] nonchalance, the Chelsea players don't seem capable of reacting in any way whatsoever.

The first goal was a perfect example of this irresponsiveness that has been plaguing Chelsea's game so far. Arguably Ivanovic should be closing down Galloway better to stop the cross from coming in, although I'd say it's as much Pedro's fault as it was Ivanovic's, but once that ball is in, the centre backs should be able to suss out any player trying to get to that ball. Instead, Naismith, who is considerably shorter, and weaker in the air, is given acres of space to head in an open chance.

At this point, you'd expect Chelsea to move one of their DM's into a more advanced role, as there is no need to play an attacking game with two defensive midfielders, but once again there is no one taking real initiative. Matic is the only player interested in taking the ball forward, with Hazard, Costa and Pedro completely out of position. The back line is as leaky as can be, but that is also down to the fact that Hazard and Pedro aren't tracking back to support. If a player is out of form, it is the team's task to help him out if the manager is sticking by him, and that is the case with Ivanovic. Pedro does absolutely nothing to help him, and in the process leaves that side vulnerable to any attack.

The second goal is again very preventable, and is Ivanovic's fault completely.

Jose needs to grab his players by the scruff; Baba, Remy and Willian should be starting next game.

We've done the standard thing of winning the league and failing to improve the squad for the following season, it's happened most seasons in recent years.

3 things at the top of my list were a centre back, a defensive/centre midfielder & a young upcoming striker.

CB - Varane/Stones

DM - Kondogbia/Schneiderlin/Koke

ST - Lacazette/Fekir/Griezmann

This season was only ever going to go two ways after winning the title last season at an absolute canter -

Progress

Regress

We traditionally don't do well in pre-season but I could see the signs then.

Never thought it would be down to him but the return of Oscar could be the spark we need.

We've done the standard thing of winning the league and failing to improve the squad for the following season' date=' it's happened most seasons in recent years.

3 things at the top of my list were a centre back, a defensive/centre midfielder & a young upcoming striker.

CB - Varane/Stones

This season was only ever going to go two ways after winning the title last season at an absolute canter -

Progress

Regress

Never thought it would be down to him but the return of Oscar could be the spark we need.[/quote']

Agree 100% and have been saying this all summer.That said we should be doing better with the players we have.

We've done the standard thing of winning the league and failing to improve the squad for the following season' date=' it's happened most seasons in recent years.

CB - Varane/Stones

Progress

Regress

Never thought it would be down to him but the return of Oscar could be the spark we need.[/quote']

Varane, Koke, Griezmann would be amazing. But Varane, Pogba and Griezmann would be the dream.

got a bit of swagger back today. Costa lucky the ref wasnt paying attention when he inspected Koscielny's face. Gabriel is an idiot for getting engaged, and from what ive read on Twitter, he was calling Costa a traitor and saying nasty things about his mother in Portuguese. Bit of swagger back hopefully we can string a few together now.

Now this is interesting the media don't show what happens before Costa "belly flops" Kosielney..

https://cdn2.streamable.com/video/mp4/qk8p.mp4

All in all I don't have a problem with what Koscielney was doing or Costa or Gabriel,its all part of it,we don't see enough of the old fashioned tussles.I think Gabriels red was a bit harsh,Cazorla deserved his.

But from a Chelsea point of view,I hope we can go on a run now.We rarely do well at Newcastle though!

Violent conduct' date='I'm sorry but exactly what did he do that was violent?? He threw himself about he did not do anything violent.football used to be a bit better than this,now we can't have clashes etc?[/quote']

Come on Keith, you have to be kidding?!

He full on whacked Kos in the face, how is that not violent conduct?

I actually really Costa and how he gets stuck in but he went too far on the weekend and should have seen red.

Come on Keith' date=' you have to be kidding?!

He full on whacked Kos in the face, how is that not violent conduct?

I actually really Costa and how he gets stuck in but he went too far on the weekend and should have seen red.[/quote']

We have seen elbows in players faces not brought up in retrospect though? Oscar knocked out by Ospina last season etc etc etc,shouldn't every incident brought up in that case then?

The other point I would make is that Wenger openly criticised the ref,yet no ban or fine.. Now I don't think any manager should be fined unless they use foul language etc,but the FA have now made a rod for their own backs.Jose will now be fully justified in coming out and criticising any referee mistakes and will make sure the media knows about it if they FA try and punish him having let Wenger away with it..

The other point I would make is that Wenger openly criticised the ref' date='yet no ban or fine.. Now I don't think any manager should be fined unless they use foul language etc,but the FA have now made a rod for their own backs.Jose will now be fully justified in coming out and criticising any referee mistakes and will make sure the media knows about it if they FA try and punish him having let Wenger away with it..[/quote']

You views on the Costa charge I disagree with.

Your views on this I do agree with. They punish Mourinho left right n centre for stuff like this.

Elbows - It is hard to tell if they use the elbow when jumping to header a ball as your arms always go up in a header, why they don't get brought up is because only the player know if they were going for the ball or not plus the ref seen the incident and took action- Like was Fernandinho header challenge with Costa few weeks back

Oscar incident last season, IMO Ospina was rushing out, no chance of pulling out and the ref has seen the incident and took action

Costa thing - Imo I think Kosielny doesn't do much and Costa flops - that video isn't clear to see what happens

then u clearly see Costa putting both hand in Kos face then whack with the left after - I thought there was a rule that you couldn't put your hands or head to a person face or it's red card

Costa and Gabriel has history when both were in Spain

Elbows - It is hard to tell if they use the elbow when jumping to header a ball as your arms always go up in a header' date=' why they don't get brought up is because only the player know if they were going for the ball or not plus the ref seen the incident and took action- Like was Fernandinho header challenge with Costa few weeks back

Oscar incident last season, IMO Ospina was rushing out, no chance of pulling out and the ref has seen the incident and took action

Costa thing - Imo I think Kosielny doesn't do much and Costa flops - that video isn't clear to see what happens

then u clearly see Costa putting both hand in Kos face then whack with the left after - I thought there was a rule that you couldn't put your hands or head to a person face or it's red card

Costa and Gabriel has history when both were in Spain

[/quote']

Yes but I still think they whole thing has gone overboard...

Yes but I still think they whole thing has gone overboard...

It has gone overboard, But it was already building up to go overboard with Costa around and now it has happened

Since Costa been around, he has been trouble with his aggression(kicking or throwing hands around) and he deserves to be punished

Costa killed the match between Arsenal and Chelsea, but if he not getting his way, he throws his toys out the pram, even when Fernandinho accidentally elbowed the back of Costa, Costa had to react

I'm sorry but do the FA make the rules as they go along? How can Gabriel get his red rescinded,it makes no sense.Arsene comes out slagging off the ref and its ignored,he left his area last season to go over and push Mourinho,we all know if Mourinho did that there would be uproar.As I said before the FA have now created a rod for their own back,do they like the attention or something? Ashley Barnes last season,were was the retrospective action there?

Ahaha this is hilarious

OK' date=' whatever

From one extreme (no penalty) to another (3 games)

1 game suspension at most would've been fair[/quote']

By the way the 3 match ban for Costa is for an incident in the 43th min,thats ths so-called belly flop in which Koscielny goes down like a sack of spuds,that was just after Kosicielny knocks Costa to the ground while Costa is running for the ball...

Wenger said after the game that Gabriel deserved his red,Arsenal appeal and get it rescinded! :D