Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Costa to Atleti is always possible, but Courtois is deffo not going anywhere.

If any changes in the goalkeeping department, it's the back-up. Begovic likely to leave to Everton (?) with Diego Lopez (of AC Milan) a touted replacement. Back-up keeper who won't complain much about lack of time, so it would be a smarter purchase than Begovic.

i expect both to stay, Costa is the type of player that will succeed under Conte and courtois is definitely staying.

• 2 weeks later...

Accordingly everyone has been calling Obi Mikel wrong as his real name is John Michael Nchekwube Obinna

Accordingly Nigeria spelt his name wrong in 2003 in the under 17 World Cup but Mikel/Michael stuck with it and now officially change it to Mikel

Soon Nigeria Federation will come out and say Kanu was 10 years older than he was

disappointed to see Baba go on loan, i realy hope this doesn't mean azpi stays left back and ivanovic right back, ivanovic can't be starting for us if we are looking to win the league he was absolutely shocking last season

What has Conte been playing pre season with regards to formation?

What has Conte been playing pre season with regards to formation?

4-2-4 mainly but pretty fluid with it as its been hit & miss.

I expect us to line up like this for Milan:

Courtois

Aina-Cahill-Terry-Azpilicueta

Kante-Fabregas

Willian ------------- Pedro

Hazard - Batshuayi

I'd expect Loftus-Cheek & maybe Costa to vie for a starting place too.

I can definitely see a mutual agreement termination of contract at some point or possibly sacking within the first season because I don't think Conte will get them where they want to be. He's already put pressure on himself saying no CL football will help them in the league and come January they may decide to part ways. I hope he has success and see's out his contract but I definitely think hE will struggle adapting to the EPL I don't know why it's just a feeling. We will see I guess but one thing for sure is Kante and Mitchy aren't enough in my opinion to get them top 4 still a month to go but who's actually available that is Chelsea quality ? 

Also IF that Juve position becomes available and Chelsea are struggling I think he'll jump at the chance to get back to Italy what with all the other big names as manager he's not in my eyes one of the big fish. I think there's a number of managers who could have come in and do what Conte will do for Chelsea this season but I honestly hope Chelsea or Arsenal win the league. 

Anyway it's going to be a mad mad season does anyone know who are favourites right now?

I can definitely see a mutual agreement termination of contract at some point or possibly sacking within the first season because I don't think Conte will get them where they want to be. He's already put pressure on himself saying no CL football will help them in the league and come January they may decide to part ways. I hope he has success and see's out his contract but I definitely think hE will struggle adapting to the EPL I don't know why it's just a feeling. We will see I guess but one thing for sure is Kante and Mitchy aren't enough in my opinion to get them top 4 still a month to go but who's actually available that is Chelsea quality ? 

Also IF that Juve position becomes available and Chelsea are struggling I think he'll jump at the chance to get back to Italy what with all the other big names as manager he's not in my eyes one of the big fish. I think there's a number of managers who could have come in and do what Conte will do for Chelsea this season but I honestly hope Chelsea or Arsenal win the league. 

Anyway it's going to be a mad mad season does anyone know who are favourites right now?

I do feel 2 more signings are needed. As do who is available that's a big mess at the moment. I'd like to see if Arda Turan is available or a player of similar ilk, Matuidi would be great knowing that Verratti has signed a new deal and they have the likes of Rabiot there. In terms of defenders (CB's) god only knows, Koulibaly situation seems a mess, Murillo appeals, as would Gimenez (out of favour I believe towards the end of last season).

A defender for sure & a box-to-box midfielder. The other thing is the need to sort out the Costa saga, unless it is all just paper fluff, as 1 I don't really want a player who has his heart set on playing elsewhere, & 2 I REALLY don't want to be left short up top again - at the moment Costa, Batshuayi & Traore is OK (I see Remy leaving). I think an ideal striker would have been Gabigol but that is unlikely.

Good line-up last night, great to see Aina, Moses & Traore start. With Loftus-Cheek I can see all of those getting some game time this season which is a relief. But then again Victor Moses is our pre-season Messi who then gets sent out on loan every time!

With Conte giving a lot of players a chance this pre-season its quite hard to predict the line-up come the West Ham game, (Transfers depending ofc)

4-1-4-1 seems to be our most comfortable set up: 

Courtois

Aina/Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpilicueta

Kante

Moses/Pedro - Willian - Fabregas - Hazard

Costa

But 4-2-4 is the Conte way:

Courtois

Aina/Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpilicueta

Kante - Matic

Willian ------------------------- Hazard

Costa - Batshuayi

In his first press conference did say he would choose a set up that suits the players, and 4-1-4-1 seems to have suited most so far.

Will be very interested to see the line-up for Bremen.

i'd have to totally disagree with this post apart from the fact we need more signings but not many! one more centre back will do koulibaly will come in as soon as Napoli find a replacement so its a waiting game in that department, were pushing hard for Lukaku although the deal doesn't make sense to me, what we really need to do and i believe Conte should do this a lot better than Mourinho is bring through the talented youth players 

With Ivanovic getting the full 90 vs Bremen it seems as though Aina's run at RB has already come to a halt. To be expected though as very young.

Great attacking play during the game as we set up 4-2-3-1 but there is still a worry defensively when it comes to pace.

Good to see Hazard, Costa & Oscar all score and be involved in all three goals together.

Rumours swirling that we want to offer Remy & Begovic in a deal for Lukaku, its getting steeper & steeper by the day!

Rumor has it that Conte is interested in Lindelof. A very good buy if it's true.

He is very good BUT unproven at a higher level he's fierce and very hardworking and he done well in CL to if i remember correctly BUT again the Portuguese league is abysmal.