Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

2 hours ago, ashtini said:

Thank god for a winning start under Conte!

I thought we played well & were to better team!

Costa should have seen red, but the ref was on the lenient side. These things tend to come back around though.

Delighted to see both Hazard & Costa score.

ive yet to see any highlights of the game, but yeah a winning start against a team like West ham is great, as i've said before i expect costa to do well this season under Conte

4 hours ago, Cvilhete said:

ive yet to see any highlights of the game, but yeah a winning start against a team like West ham is great, as i've said before i expect costa to do well this season under Conte

Yes it was a good win but shocking that your thug was still on the pitch to score the winner.

Let's face it, he is always at it and it needs dealing with. If I was ref he would have been red carded and if I was the FA I would have trebled the suspension. He will seriously injure someone one day.

I am not a Chelsea fan (obviously) but I know that managers like Hoddle and Guillet would not have tolerated that.  If this is what you think is Conte getting the best out of Costa then that is a sad reflection on the desperate times at Chelsea these days.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AniAniAni said:

Forget Pogba to United as the "mugging of the season", bringing back a soon-to-be 30-year old liability of a defender in David Luiz for 32M is utterly stupid.

finding it quite hard how you can compare, signing your own youth player for £89m, in comparison to re-signing a player you sold for £50m and getting him for £32m but apparently we've been mugged off, cool story bro

11 hours ago, Cvilhete said:

finding it quite hard how you can compare, signing your own youth player for £89m, in comparison to re-signing a player you sold for £50m and getting him for £32m but apparently we've been mugged off, cool story bro

"Signing your own youth player" who is now also regarded as one of the best midfielders in the world, and who is yet to hit his prime? Guaranteed, he's not worth the price United paid, but as he still had time on his contract, and was only going to increase in value as time went on, the inflated price can be somewhat contextualised. A mugging nevertheless, especially considering he is from the youth, but this is something else.

In Luiz's case, you are basically signing a player who has regressed over the past two seasons, and who is about to hit thirty in a few months, for 32M. He is as bad, if not worse than Cahill, and anyone who thinks that he's the answer to Chelsea's defensive problems is on some high-quality crack. Horrendous buy, especially considering how other options like Mustafi were available for less. Don't forget that you lot were laughing your heads off when he left two seasons ago. Wonder how many laughs are coming from the PSG camp now.

Shambolic stuff really.

And to add, shipping Cuadrado off on a THREE-YEAR loan deal? I heard that there are some options for buying and whatnot, but still, what on earth is going on? If Conte does plan on playing with three at the back, wouldn't that make someone like him an ideal full-back, if not decent backup? Absurd.

Chelsea's only great signing has been Kante this window, as I don't think there was a reason to spend big for Batshuayi either, with players like Traore, Abraham and Solanke clearly capable of providing decent backup. 

4 minutes ago, AniAniAni said:

And to add, shipping Cuadrado off on a THREE-YEAR loan deal? I heard that there are some options for buying and whatnot, but still, what on earth is going on? If Conte does plan on playing with three at the back, wouldn't that make someone like him an ideal full-back, if not decent backup? Absurd.

Chelsea's only great signing has been Kante this window, as I don't think there was a reason to spend big for Batshuayi either, with players like Traore, Abraham and Solanke clearly capable of providing decent backup. 

Solanke & Abraham are a long way off being decent backup (loving Abraham at Bristol City) but letting the likes of Traore and Kenedy go on loan really annoys me.

5 minutes ago, ashtini said:

Solanke & Abraham are a long way off being decent backup (loving Abraham at Bristol City) but letting the likes of Traore and Kenedy go on loan really annoys me.

You say that, but everyone's initial reaction to seeing Rashford start against Mdtjylland was also shock, until he actually started playing. The fact of the matter is that kids play with less fear than older players, especially if they're insanely talented, and that in turn makes them excellent squad players. It doesn't surprise me that players like Abraham are doing incredibly well at smaller clubs, but surely that should be a sign that they're ready for the big stage?

Chelsea's striking options should have been (in order): Costa, Traore, Abraham/Solanke, Solanke/Abraham. (IMO)

EDIT: Kenedy and Ake leaving also baffles me. And instead of spending crazy money on liability Luiz, why not pay a fraction of the amount to bring Christensen back? 

Just now, AniAniAni said:

You say that, but everyone's initial reaction to seeing Rashford start against Mdtjylland was also shock, until he actually started playing. The fact of the matter is that kids play with less fear than older players, especially if they're insanely talented, and that in turn makes them excellent squad players. It doesn't surprise me that players like Abraham are doing incredibly well at smaller clubs, but surely that should be a sign that they're ready for the big stage?

Chelsea's striking options should have been (in order): Costa, Traore, Abraham/Solanke, Solanke/Abraham. (IMO)

Oh I agree, they do. 

Solanke & his contract issues have put a real dampner on his progression but he is extremely exciting. Abraham is doing very well at Bristol City and long may that continue.

I'm a big fan of Traore and seeing him on loan was my biggest disappointment of the summer.

I think Batshuayi is a very good signing.

Costa - Batshuayi - Traore (Abraham then Solanke) would've been just lovely.

14 hours ago, AniAniAni said:

Costa gets injured and then we have solanke or traore leading the line? No if you have seen the impact Michy has had already I doubt you'd question his signing, Cuadrado has gone on loan but will turn into a permanent deal has just been shaped in a certain way to aid Juventus, Chelsea will be playing one game a week makes no sense in keeping a bunch of youngsters who will not play there just aren't enough matches without Europe to rotate the squad, lets offer relevant points to conversations rather than spouting rubbish without actually doing the research to back up what you're saying. I realise you're a Man U fan and you guys think you're the dogs bolloxs but I haven't seen much from you guys to warrant the arrogance to start criticising other clubs 3 games into the season after the few years you've had

38 players out on loan. Yikes. Including one at a Police team and one on a 3-year loan.

The SW database tells me there are 7 youths are still at the club. Tomori and Suljic are probably for the youth team, while Aina and Loftus-Cheek are part of first-team plans i believe. So does Chalobah?

Not sure what the situation with Solanke is though. Todd Kane didn't find a club, which Wikipedia reveals is down to an ACL tear. Van Ginkel too is injured. So potentially 40 players could have been out on loan which is astounding. 

I don't get how they're allowed to get away with this. And I don't get the benefit players get.  

Amuses me though that Chelsea re-signed Luiz when two better options were already at the club: Ake (for Alonso) and Christensen (for Luiz). I know Gladbach didn't want to send AC back but even then, a solution could have been found. 

Maybe this will be my next article.

6 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

38 players out on loan. Yikes. Including one at a Police team and one on a 3-year loan.

The SW database tells me there are 7 youths are still at the club. Tomori and Suljic are probably for the youth team, while Aina and Loftus-Cheek are part of first-team plans i believe. So does Chalobah?

Not sure what the situation with Solanke is though. Todd Kane didn't find a club, which Wikipedia reveals is down to an ACL tear. Van Ginkel too is injured. So potentially 40 players could have been out on loan which is astounding. 

I don't get how they're allowed to get away with this. And I don't get the benefit players get.  

Amuses me though that Chelsea re-signed Luiz when two better options were already at the club: Ake (for Alonso) and Christensen (for Luiz). I know Gladbach didn't want to send AC back but even then, a solution could have been found. 

Maybe this will be my next article.

Its shocking really, We should just sell the dead wood off. Our academy is in an amazing place at the moment.

Christensen was never going to return this summer, which is a shame as I already consider him starting XI quality. And I would rather have kept Ake at LB over signing Alonso any day, the jury is still out on both but I'd have rather spent the Luiz and Alonso money on a top class CB and kept Ake.