Official Chelsea FC Thread

Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

15 hours ago, Cvilhete said:

Costa gets injured and then we have solanke or traore leading the line? No if you have seen the impact Michy has had already I doubt you'd question his signing, Cuadrado has gone on loan but will turn into a permanent deal has just been shaped in a certain way to aid Juventus, Chelsea will be playing one game a week makes no sense in keeping a bunch of youngsters who will not play there just aren't enough matches without Europe to rotate the squad, lets offer relevant points to conversations rather than spouting rubbish without actually doing the research to back up what you're saying. I realise you're a Man U fan and you guys think you're the dogs bolloxs but I haven't seen much from you guys to warrant the arrogance to start criticising other clubs 3 games into the season after the few years you've had

Got you properly riled up I see...

I never said Batshuayi wouldn't have an impact; all I said is that I wouldn't have deemed a new forward to be a priority with players such as Traore, Kenedy and Abraham in the ranks. And if anything, your argument supports mine, as less games means less chance of injury, and less need for a bigger squad. You wouldn't feature inexperienced youngsters in European competitions unless you really had to anyway.

Also, no response for the Luiz part? How convenient.

18 hours ago, Cvilhete said:

Costa gets injured and then we have solanke or traore leading the line? No if you have seen the impact Michy has had already I doubt you'd question his signing, Cuadrado has gone on loan but will turn into a permanent deal has just been shaped in a certain way to aid Juventus, Chelsea will be playing one game a week makes no sense in keeping a bunch of youngsters who will not play there just aren't enough matches without Europe to rotate the squad, lets offer relevant points to conversations rather than spouting rubbish without actually doing the research to back up what you're saying. I realise you're a Man U fan and you guys think you're the dogs bolloxs but I haven't seen much from you guys to warrant the arrogance to start criticising other clubs 3 games into the season after the few years you've had

I watched Batshuayi highlights from pre season on youtube don't know if it was a terrible video or what but he looked more of a support striker and he missed a fair few easy goals and picked out bad passes when he should have shot and the exact opposite. I also watched the cup game where he bagged a double but to say he's made a impact did you mean negative ? 

I'm only joking but he's done nothing whatsoever yet, though I think at 33m considering todays market it will be difficult not to fufil that price tag I actually think 33m is a complete bargain even if he fails in first season for a 23? year old.

Where does Alonso actually play these days I haven't seen Fiorentina play for ages I guess CB?

9 hours ago, AniAniAni said:

Got you properly riled up I see...

I never said Batshuayi wouldn't have an impact; all I said is that I wouldn't have deemed a new forward to be a priority with players such as Traore, Kenedy and Abraham in the ranks. And if anything, your argument supports mine, as less games means less chance of injury, and less need for a bigger squad. You wouldn't feature inexperienced youngsters in European competitions unless you really had to anyway.

Also, no response for the Luiz part? How convenient.

If you play in Europe you have more games Fa cup/EFL cup to play youngsters, you're obviously not going to experiment on youth in the UCL, if you're playing once a week there is no need to rotate, so youngsters will undoubtedly get less playing time, everybody is talking like Chelsea is the only team that loans players, sure it is a high amount but it's the clubs business model and every club does it just to a lesser extent, on the matter of Luiz I'm never been one to criticise a player before he has even kicked a ball, if he plays and does rubbish then by all means have a go until then I've got no comment on the matter, Martial is a perfect example as to why I won't fall into that trap.

6 hours ago, S04 said:

I watched Batshuayi highlights from pre season on youtube don't know if it was a terrible video or what but he looked more of a support striker and he missed a fair few easy goals and picked out bad passes when he should have shot and the exact opposite. I also watched the cup game where he bagged a double but to say he's made a impact did you mean negative ? 

I'm only joking but he's done nothing whatsoever yet, though I think at 33m considering todays market it will be difficult not to fufil that price tag I actually think 33m is a complete bargain even if he fails in first season for a 23? year old.

Where does Alonso actually play these days I haven't seen Fiorentina play for ages I guess CB?

Like you said 2 goals in the cup along with 2 assists and a goal in the league and he's probably played a combined total of 45mins  if that, in the league the guys doing just fine if you ask me, Alonso has been signed to play as LB, that's what's been reported

55 minutes ago, Cvilhete said:

Like you said 2 goals in the cup along with 2 assists and a goal in the league and he's probably played a combined total of 45mins  if that, in the league the guys doing just fine if you ask me, Alonso has been signed to play as LB, that's what's been reported

I thought he was 23 he's not even 23 yet which is even more spectacular for 33m I hope he has success at Chelsea and I shouldn't have even brought that up about the impact it's a irrelevant argument no-one has yet. 

I know you talking about Chelsea loan system, Luiz and Alonso

Luiz hasn't improved as a player, still have red card and mistakes in him, he was in the team who got embarrassed by Germany and still no improvement, against Monaco last week he gave away a pen. Even Chesea Fan Paul Merson(love or hate him) regretting it and thinks PSG needed to sell him. Shame as Marquinhos will get game time now. People talk about Pogba returning, at least he has massively improved as a player.

Alonso isn't no were near a top signing and £23mil seem a panic buy as he not worth that

Chelsea Loan system has good and bad points(before Ashtini bites back) they do find or bring up good youth but the problem is none get permanently in the 1st team squad. Main thing Chelsea does is buy youth, get them game time at sister club Vitesse or elsewhere, sell on for profit if club comes calling but that might be good for Chelsea business but IMO I think it kinda kills talent but at least they aint like Barcelona with their youth

6 hours ago, Cvilhete said:

If you play in Europe you have more games Fa cup/EFL cup to play youngsters, you're obviously not going to experiment on youth in the UCL.

I think if SAF was around still, he would of/has done put youth into CL games. SAF likes to put youth into the deep end and see how they play. Flop LVG did it in Europa cup, less said the better. Even Italy has tried Donnarumma even know they lost 3-0 to France. Smaller teams in Europe are using youth in UCL - exa. Renato Sanches, Neves, Tielimens

6 hours ago, Cvilhete said:

If you play in Europe you have more games Fa cup/EFL cup to play youngsters, you're obviously not going to experiment on youth in the UCL, if you're playing once a week there is no need to rotate, so youngsters will undoubtedly get less playing time, everybody is talking like Chelsea is the only team that loans players, sure it is a high amount but it's the clubs business model and every club does it just to a lesser extent, on the matter of Luiz I'm never been one to criticise a player before he has even kicked a ball, if he plays and does rubbish then by all means have a go until then I've got no comment on the matter, Martial is a perfect example as to why I won't fall into that trap.

But if you have less striking options, then surely the youngsters will be called up anyway? Look at City last season: they had Aguero as their #1, with Iheanacho practically acting as their #2 towards the end of the season. Had City invested in another striker, I doubt whether we would have seen him make his breakthrough. Guaranteed, I assume many did not expect Bony to flop as hard as he did, but even when Aguero was fit to play the full 90 minutes, Iheanacho got enough time to showcase his talent, featuring in every competition City were playing in.

And in my opinion, Chelsea should have done the same this season. Costa is a solid #1, and when you compare Traore (14-15) and Batshuayi's (15-16) stats, there isn't much much difference really. Not saying that the latter will not have an impact this season, but I was quite honestly expecting the former to stay at the club as a backup/secondary striker to Costa, with Abraham and/or Solanke staying at the club as #3 and #4 respectively. Shame that that didn't happen, and I for one expect Traore to seek a permanent move away after his loan at Ajax ends. 

Regarding Luiz, if he does manage to prove doubters wrong, I will quite happily hold my hands in the air and say I was totally wrong. However, I'm not expecting big things from him, bar the occasional thunderbolt and comedic antics that is.

On 1 September 2016 at 4:38 AM, AniAniAni said:

Forget Pogba to United as the "mugging of the season", bringing back a soon-to-be 30-year old liability of a defender in David Luiz for 32M is utterly stupid.

Well said here. Bringing back that side show melon is almost laughable, well it is. Why would you bring a 30 year old defender back when you are building for the future. surely there would of been other, more younger, melon then him around.

Don't get me wrong, i not complaining chelsea brang back a liability  of that kind back to  there team, good I'm happy they did as there will be more goals scored and chances created with side show bob in defence. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interested to know- what's caused Courtois's loss of form? His injury from last year, Mourinho, Chelsea's poor year or was he generally overhyped? Poor defense exposing his flaws?

Don't know much about his situation in general tbh

Was between him and de Gea for best u-25 keeper in the world- I'd think Oblak has overtaken Courtois now..

1 hour ago, Sir Rahul said:

Interested to know- what's caused Courtois's loss of form? His injury from last year, Mourinho, Chelsea's poor year or was he generally overhyped? Poor defense exposing his flaws?

Was between him and de Gea for best u-25 keeper in the world- I'd think Oblak has overtaken Courtois now..

All of the above is correct, I don't think he was massively overhyped tho.

4 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

In my opinion he wants to return to Spain

I think the Defence isn't helping as Terry is getting on, Cahill and Defo Luiz has a mistake in them and I also think Chelsea has had a change in GK coach - Testing how good Courtois is

Glad that Liverpool result has come this early in the season, should be a wake up call to the manager and players that we need to up our game, we have had to salvage games way too late on and that liverpool performance was dire, can't see why we were so afraid of them when we were playing just as good as them if not better, Conte set up the game tactically wrong and we were punished for it, but as i said happy its happened now and that players can up their game! can't let city gain anymore of a gap on us, Leicester in the week then Arsenal should be the perfect test to determine if we are really up for it this season.

1 hour ago, Cvilhete said:

Glad that Liverpool result has come this early in the season, should be a wake up call to the manager and players that we need to up our game, we have had to salvage games way too late on and that liverpool performance was dire, can't see why we were so afraid of them when we were playing just as good as them if not better, Conte set up the game tactically wrong and we were punished for it, but as i said happy its happened now and that players can up their game! can't let city gain anymore of a gap on us, Leicester in the week then Arsenal should be the perfect test to determine if we are really up for it this season.

Unfortunately the Liverpool game only showed the glaringly obvious failure of the club to get players Conte wanted, a solid near top class CB, and a box-to-box midfielder. and more importantly needed, a good fullback (left or right).

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 2:27 AM, Sir Rahul said:

Spain? Only Real Madrid would take him now....and they're transfer banned.

SkySports -Thibaut Courtois wants to return to La Liga one day and intends to make a decision on his Chelsea future when he enters the final year of his contract in the summer of 2018.

That's what I think is effecting his game

1 hour ago, TalentSearcher said:

SkySports -Thibaut Courtois wants to return to La Liga one day and intends to make a decision on his Chelsea future when he enters the final year of his contract in the summer of 2018.

That's what I think is effecting his game

Indeed, after Chelsea sold Cech to make him first choice, it's poor. I hope it's not Atleti as I rate Oblak highly. 

Wonder if Butland may be the replacement?