Guest CHELSEA NO.1 YOUTH !!!!!

Official Chelsea FC Thread

7 hours ago, Cvilhete said:

Tired of Nainggolan talk if he rejected us last summer then leave at that, the guy loves to talk about it lol you'd think he was actually fishing for a move every times he's asked the same question.

if Sanchez were to move clubs and we didn't sign him I'd be gutted, I think he'd slot in perfectly within our front three, personally don't believe the city links as like you said there'd be no space for him. 

Also agree about going in for the top top players but it's only 2nd June let's see how this month unfolds.

Huh? Nainggolan hardly ever talks about Chelsea. Even now it had more to do with Conte's past and his hatred for Juve. Big clubs will get plenty of mentions (in the last 48hrs or so Buffon admitted he turned down 3 offers, Griezmann came out professing his love for Atleti and snubbing Man Utd, etc.). Even outside silly season it happens a lot and I'd worry if there's a complete silence around the club. At least we know the facts now, Radja stays and Chelsea haven't returned with another offer, and there's no use to speculate on a transfer to Chelsea any longer. TBH it's a shame. Kante and Nainggolan would have terrorized opponents. Perfect player for Chelsea and Conte. Watching him on and off the pitch you quickly get why he's a crowd favourite.

Mertens was never strongly linked to Chelsea. Mostly rumours about Man Utd going after him. He did decline a move to China last year as he didn't want to retire early despite the insane wages on offer. Sounds like Chelsea did go in with an offer, from Sky (seeing there's a PL link):

MERTENS STAYING AT NAPOLI

Dries Mertens says he has no intention of leaving Napoli to play in the Premier League. 

The Belgian scored 33 goals in 44 games last season and signed a new three-year deal last week, which has a buy out clause.

"Yes there is a buy out clause. But I'm happy at Napoli and I want to stay. I really like Italy. I am good there and they treat me good," he said.

Mertens confirmed his agent has had talks with Chelsea. He said: "Yes there was interest, and from other clubs also, but in my head there was never an intention to change clubs. This season was really good. I am gong to try and be even better next year."

Conte might not change his tactics. Based on how Mertens is used by Martinez he usually plays behind the striker, drifting inside, looking for combinations with Lukaku or Hazard, while the wingbacks provide width (but Bobby also experimented with Mertens as a striker to replicate his Napoli form). Mertens isn't really a striker by nature but he is surprisingly good at it. At the beginning of this season he was still a super sub and often used out wide. When deployed in more central areas Mertens was very prolific. Plenty of options of how Mertens would have fit in so it doesn't really reveal too much of Conte's plans for next season (although I'm now leaning towards Conte staying the course, providing continuity and only adding more tactical flexibility). If Diego stays you already have a very experienced striker. Hazard enters his prime years. In that case I'd prefer Conte adding a younger, more promising option than Mertens and only go for an "older" option if it's a top top player like Alexis. I still think he'll either stay at Arsenal (maybe sees out the last year on his contract) or moves to Bayern (this summer or the next). It would be quite typical for Bayern and you also have Vidal in his ear.

1 hour ago, 1000dB said:

http://www.beinsports.com/en/premier-league/video/wenger-sanchez-and-ozil-arent-leaving-this-su/558696

Arsenal and they can't offer CL football. Probably they'll go all out to hold onto Alexis.

I wouldn't expect him to say anything else, I'm a firm believer of if a player wants to stay at an underachieving side and not push for a move to challenge for titles then he's not someone we need, I don't believe Sanchez is one of those but if he stays and signs a new deal then he's not for us, we want people who are hungry to win and Arsenal aren't winning anything of note anytime soon

15 hours ago, Cvilhete said:

I wouldn't expect him to say anything else, I'm a firm believer of if a player wants to stay at an underachieving side and not push for a move to challenge for titles then he's not someone we need, I don't believe Sanchez is one of those but if he stays and signs a new deal then he's not for us, we want people who are hungry to win and Arsenal aren't winning anything of note anytime soon

Well he did move to Arsenal in the first place and very well knew/should have known they only challenge for a top 4 finish not the title. I keep hearing he just wants a big pay-day and is wringing Arsenal for as much as possible. Reportedly even PSG have rejected his insane wage demands. If he leaves next summer on a free he'll get to cash in big and if he does move this summer the club he'd join will have to look at their wage structure (or there will be lots of unhappy faces in the dressing room).

Alexis to Chelsea, I'm very doubtful about that one. Any idea who else Chelsea are targetting?

21 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Well he did move to Arsenal in the first place and very well knew/should have known they only challenge for a top 4 finish not the title. I keep hearing he just wants a big pay-day and is wringing Arsenal for as much as possible. Reportedly even PSG have rejected his insane wage demands. If he leaves next summer on a free he'll get to cash in big and if he does move this summer the club he'd join will have to look at their wage structure (or there will be lots of unhappy faces in the dressing room).

Alexis to Chelsea, I'm very doubtful about that one. Any idea who else Chelsea are targetting?

moving to a club like arsenal after the bad time he had at barca was a smart move, had the chance to re-establish himself and gain confidence, now he's at a stage where he needs to be challenging for top honours, the ball is firmly in his court.

in terms of signings i don't know and i'm just goin to wait until concrete things begin to happen trying not too get drawn into the speculation

3 minutes ago, Cvilhete said:

Hazard has fractured his ankle last thing we needed, hopefully pushes board to make proper signings

Not really, the season is finished with and it may put Real off signing him, hopefully, please, please lord.

2 minutes ago, ashtini said:

Not really, the season is finished with and it may put Real off signing him, hopefully, please, please lord.

in any case an ankle injury won't stop them from pursuing him,but it does affect the players ability to have a proper pre season and even so can't see him moving this summer possibly next.

11 minutes ago, Cvilhete said:

in any case an ankle injury won't stop them from pursuing him,but it does affect the players ability to have a proper pre season and even so can't see him moving this summer possibly next.

I know what your saying.

@1000dB in regards to transfer targets I'd say Bakayoko is the main obvious one. CB another priority so potentially Van Dijk (others seem bigger front runners) but maybe he'll revisit Romagnoli (I'd like that, a proper Conte signing).

As for a striker your guess is as good as mine, need to sort out what's happening with Diego first.

I doubt Eden is leaving. Even without the injury it sounded like he's planning on staying. The team doctor said on VTM (ITV's counterpart) that his ankle is expected to heal completely in 2 to 3 months. The injury happened when there wasn't a teammate near him (twisted it during an individual action). "Luckily" the season is over and he won't miss much. At worst he also skips the next international break (end of August) and misses the first 2 or 3 games with Chelsea. That should be ample time to heal properly.

PS a few quotes from Eden's last interview (mostly was about the London attacks, Kompany and the captaincy, the previous and upcoming ties with the NT, etc.):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBfO9zZXkAA8QGT.jpg:large

On 5/6/2017 at 1:11 PM, ashtini said:

I know what your saying.

@1000dB in regards to transfer targets I'd say Bakayoko is the main obvious one. CB another priority so potentially Van Dijk (others seem bigger front runners) but maybe he'll revisit Romagnoli (I'd like that, a proper Conte signing).

As for a striker your guess is as good as mine, need to sort out what's happening with Diego first.

Costa claims Conte has sent him a simple message that Conte isn't counting on him for next season. It very much sounds like Costa will finally get his wish. Usually he's in great form until winter, then makes a fuzz and his form drops off a cliff. With Atleti's transfer ban will Costa just play pingpong for half a year?

On 6/8/2017 at 3:26 AM, 1000dB said:

Costa claims Conte has sent him a simple message that Conte isn't counting on him for next season. It very much sounds like Costa will finally get his wish. Usually he's in great form until winter, then makes a fuzz and his form drops off a cliff. With Atleti's transfer ban will Costa just play pingpong for half a year?

i understand the sentiment but its not how things should be done, weakens our stance in the market in terms of buying and selling, we could've got a bigger fee for him and fingers cross we still do, and other teams will know were desperate for a striker and will play hard ball. hopefully china come in again and save the day

13 hours ago, Cvilhete said:

i understand the sentiment but its not how things should be done, weakens our stance in the market in terms of buying and selling, we could've got a bigger fee for him and fingers cross we still do, and other teams will know were desperate for a striker and will play hard ball. hopefully china come in again and save the day

Despite his statements that he doesn't fancy a move to China any longer Costa has a bit of a mercenary reputation. Maybe it's still on the cards but with the CSL rule changes who knows. I'm still expecting plenty of competition, from European clubs as well. Say what you want about KDB and Lukaku but neither of them went out of their way to harm the club despite not getting a real chance/looking to play as much as possible (their fees at the time seemed somewhat reasonable although KDB leaving, permanently and without a buy-back clause, was a decision that had many scratching their heads).

The next bit is not meant to downplay what Costa achieved at Chelsea. I value him for what he contributed but can't exactly claim he was a loyal servant and like with Mourinho there are things I respect a lot yet some of it not so much.

Costa comes with a lot of baggage and has proven to be a half-season striker, e.g. he was a passenger from January during Mourinho's title winning season until Hiddink put his arm around him (only scoring 6 or so goals in a year while his CL record is abysmal, even against ters it's laughable; I remember games where I was SMH; Costa being bambi-on-ice bad and deliberately moving out wide or hardly ever getting in front of goal; Hazard gesturing with his arms, begging for targets/someone to play off or create chances for). Costa also caused a lot of problems on and off the pitch for the club, he often is injured or serving a match ban and he's in decline (maybe there's something to that age cheat claim as it did look like he started shaving his beard when he was 6yo). Costa could very well be looking for a last big cheque. Chelsea will owe him loyalty payments, as well, unless what's in the papers isn't the whole story. I wouldn't put it passed a "character" like Costa to do a number on Conte and the club. For all we know Conte or somebody else did sit him down for a face-to-face and we only hear about fragments of what went on (the board didn't seem all too impressed with Costa's stunt but escalation is the last thing they'd want now). Regardless, Costa's antics have done more harm to the club than only the financial aspect, e.g. forwarding the message to teammates will strain Conte's relationship with them. It didn't look like Costa wanted to be at Chelsea from the start. He didn't make an effort to properly adjust to life in the UK and especially in winter he'd throw his toys out of the pram (it isn't even that cold but I know quite a few S.Americans/S.Europeans that struggle that time of year). Considering his transfer tantrums, stories about him being a cvnt behind closed doors (e.g. the Chalobah incident), his form dropping off pretty much at will, his sour relationship with Conte, ... maybe it's for the best to grant a wantaway striker that causes so many headaches his wish and make another club deal with his sh1t.

13 minutes ago, 1000dB said:

Despite his statements that he doesn't fancy a move to China any longer Costa has a bit of a mercenary reputation. Maybe it's still on the cards but with the CSL rule changes who knows. I'm still expecting plenty of competition, from European clubs as well. Say what you want about KDB and Lukaku but neither of them went out of their way to harm the club despite not getting a real chance/looking to play as much as possible (their fees at the time seemed somewhat reasonable although KDB leaving, permanently and without a buy-back clause, was a decision that had many scratching their heads).

The next bit is not meant to downplay what Costa achieved at Chelsea. I value him for what he contributed but can't exactly claim he was a loyal servant and like with Mourinho there are things I respect a lot yet some of it not so much.

Costa comes with a lot of baggage and has proven to be a half-season striker, e.g. he was a passenger from January during Mourinho's title winning season until Hiddink put his arm around him (only scoring 6 or so goals in a year while his CL record is abysmal, even against ters it's laughable; I remember games where I was SMH; Costa being bambi-on-ice bad and deliberately moving out wide or hardly ever getting in front of goal; Hazard gesturing with his arms, begging for targets/someone to play off or create chances for). Costa also caused a lot of problems on and off the pitch for the club, he often is injured or serving a match ban and he's in decline (maybe there's something to that age cheat claim as it did look like he started shaving his beard when he was 6yo). Costa could very well be looking for a last big cheque. Chelsea will owe him loyalty payments, as well, unless what's in the papers isn't the whole story. I wouldn't put it passed a "character" like Costa to do a number on Conte and the club. For all we know Conte or somebody else did sit him down for a face-to-face and we only hear about fragments of what went on (the board didn't seem all too impressed with Costa's stunt but escalation is the last thing they'd want now). Regardless, Costa's antics have done more harm to the club than only the financial aspect, e.g. forwarding the message to teammates will strain Conte's relationship with them. It didn't look like Costa wanted to be at Chelsea from the start. He didn't make an effort to properly adjust to life in the UK and especially in winter he'd throw his toys out of the pram (it isn't even that cold but I know quite a few S.Americans/S.Europeans that struggle that time of year). Considering his transfer tantrums, stories about him being a cvnt behind closed doors (e.g. the Chalobah incident), his form dropping off pretty much at will, his sour relationship with Conte, ... maybe it's for the best to grant a wantaway striker that causes so many headaches his wish and make another club deal with his sh1t.

I agree, just annoyed that it's being handled this way, puts us in a tough spot in terms of negotiations that's why I'm annoyed. But it's no coincidence that he says he doesn't fancy a move to China just days before it's announced there's a rule change doesn't take a genius to figure that one out lol he was just trying to save face, if they come in he'll definitely go, he's been talking about Atleti for ages aswell I'm under no illusion who's the bad guy in all of this, Costa clearly trying to play victim here but he's been the cause of his own problems got no one to blame but himself. Anyhoo we'll see how it ends up

Seeing Lukaku is strongly linked to a return, people have been writing up a storm. IF the move happens I can list a ton of upsides while the main worry IMO is the pressure that will be piled on Lukaku. Possibly the fee won't be cheap (he should be able to handle that though), Costa isn't leaving in the best of circumstances, Lukaku wanting to prove himself at the club of his dreams (trying too hard doesn't always work), there are so many opinions in the media and they'd love to turn anything, really, into a circus, he'll be put under a microscope from the very first minute, ... Hopefully the match-going fans give him a bit of credit and aren't overly critical (if he indeed returns). Like every striker he'll make a few mistakes.

When people compare Costa to Lukaku I hear a lot of moaning about Rom's link-up play. I don't know where this notion that Costa's link-up is better came from. The only thing he's better at is flick-ons + one-twos and Lukaku has improved that part of his game considerably in the last 2 seasons. Costa can't dribble for sh1t, he's useless in the air and he's terrible on the counter (lost count of how many times he took the sting out) plus when build-up play breaks down he often is guilty as sin.

Also, last season Costa was the PL striker with the most poor touches per game and he was dispossed more often per game than any other PL striker (ffs, every season Costa has even had more poor touches than Lukaku, yet the latter gets all the criticism). To add context: Lukaku sees more of the ball as he often is the only outlet and the service he receives is nowhere near as good as Costa receives at Chelsea (you'd expect Costa to have fewer poor touches but that isn't the case at all). Especially against the top sides Lukaku has to chase lost causes, is marooned with several defenders breathing on him when he receives the ball and gets a lot less support, playing with teammates that aren't on the same level as Chelsea players. Lukaku has even fewer poor touches playing for Belgium with much better teammates than at Everton and he finds the back of the net easily. That should bode well.

Lukaku's scoring record is very impressive, PL proven, a guarantee for goals. Against the top 6 he's up there with the best (outscoring Costa as well). Scoring against teams outside the top 6 is the bread and butter of every striker yet Lukaku often gets more criticism for doing this part of his job than other strikers (TBF Aguero gets it too). While Costa's big chance conversion rate is around 30%, despite receiving better service, Lukaku is much more clinical (over 70%). He also works harder at it than you'd imagine. In the past year he's being coached by Henry, his striker coach when he's with Belgium. Henry has praised his work ethic, his drive to constantly improve all aspects of his game, his inquisitiveness and was overwhelmed by Lukaku's massive library with vids of the best strikers (to learn from). If Conte gets to work with Lukaku as well I would be surprised if he stopped improving all of a sudden.

IF Lukaku returns he'll very well know what's expected at a club of Chelsea's standing and that he needs to hit the ground running. It doesn't matter who will be Conte's striker(s) next season there's no period to be eased in or you risk the title defence. That's why I'm hoping Chelsea act swiftly, to allow for the ideal preparation for the start of the season.

Everton want near £100-80mil so he gonna be under the same pressure as Pogba so when he doesn't score, he gonna be criticised like Pogba has been.

Costa this season has done more than Lukaku in some area -

Lukaku has a very poor average sprint of 44.7(puts him 42nd out of 48 strikers in the league) but Costa has an average sprint of 62.7(14 out of 48). Another poor stats for Lukaku - No striker who has played more than 1000 minutes average less than Lukaku 8.84km distance covered(48 out of 48) , Costa has averaged 9.75km covered(35 out of 48), 0.9km more than Lukaku.

More passed and successful passes which ended up as 75% success(big 10% more than Lukaku) even know he created only 4 less chances.

65 Forwards made an interception this season but 16 forwards didn't and Lukaku was 1 of them whereas Costa done 9 interceptions

Lukaku will need to adapt to all this if Conte want him to move about more and create an impact

2 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

Everton want near £100-80mil so he gonna be under the same pressure as Pogba so when he doesn't score, he gonna be criticised like Pogba has been.

Costa this season has done more than Lukaku in some area -

Lukaku has a very poor average sprint of 44.7(puts him 42nd out of 48 strikers in the league) but Costa has an average sprint of 62.7(14 out of 48). Another poor stats for Lukaku - No striker who has played more than 1000 minutes average less than Lukaku 8.84km distance covered(48 out of 48) , Costa has averaged 9.75km covered(35 out of 48), 0.9km more than Lukaku.

More passed and successful passes which ended up as 75% success(big 10% more than Lukaku) even know he created only 4 less chances.

65 Forwards made an interception this season but 16 forwards didn't and Lukaku was 1 of them whereas Costa done 9 interceptions

Lukaku will need to adapt to all this if Conte want him to move about more and create an impact

Different teams play differently. That's true. KDB's passing accuracy was woeful at Wolfsburg but every game he created chances by the boatload. For country he already showed he could still be very potent with a much higher passing accuracy which he also replicated at City playing anywhere on the pitch he was asked to play. Different approach and much better teammates. Lukaku is also doing quite well for country. If he indeed moves to Chelsea we'll see if he can manage more interceptions (Chelsea's press caused a lot more interceptions, including higher up the pitch, than Everton's), if he scores more goals on the break (Everton doesn't score as much counter attack goals as Chelsea while Lukaku shines when he has acres of space to sprint into), he'll also need to get at the end of many more chances than was the case at Everton (Lukaku's conversion rate should drop, and it will, or he's going to score a truly insane amount of goals), etc. Always need a bit of context with these stats. Also, younger strikers tend to be more wasteful and then it's good to know that Lukaku has proven he is not only prolific but also quite clinical. Besides I adressed criticisms of Lukaku's game (which, despite deserving worse criticism, Costa doesn't have to deal with).

The conclusion remains the same: "It doesn't matter who will be Conte's striker(s) next season there's no period to be eased in or you risk the title defence. That's why I'm hoping Chelsea act swiftly, to allow for the ideal preparation for the start of the season." If it indeed is Lukaku, still an IF, I'll be very happy for him if he hits the ground running. We'll see if it was meant to be or not. He only needs 19 goals to reach Drogba's career record, one decent season and he'll get there at the age of 24 (Drogba was still at Guingamp at that same age).

PS: journos, pundits and the like can do a lot worse than the treatment Pogba received this season. Some of the "criticism" levelled at Pogba was laughable, e.g. he's so good that he plays like crap.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hargreaves pogba is too good

22 hours ago, 1000dB said:

PS: journos, pundits and the like can do a lot worse than the treatment Pogba received this season. Some of the "criticism" levelled at Pogba was laughable, e.g. he's so good that he plays like crap.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hargreaves pogba is too good

Don't think Lukaku is the right guy as you say Chelsea high press but Lukaku doesn't do that, that not in his game, I never see Lukaku running down defenders.

You say he doing well for country but Country different from club, just look at Kane struggling at England but scoring for Spurs

He will need to adapt his game if he goes to Chelsea

Pogba thing which Hargreaves was saying is true and right

1 hour ago, TalentSearcher said:

Don't think Lukaku is the right guy as you say Chelsea high press but Lukaku doesn't do that, that not in his game, I never see Lukaku running down defenders.

You say he doing well for country but Country different from club, just look at Kane struggling at England but scoring for Spurs

He will need to adapt his game if he goes to Chelsea

Pogba thing which Hargreaves was saying is true and right

British media have a reputation and considering how Pogba's season went I'd say they've been soft on him. His performance this season was miles away from what you'd expect of any top player, let alone the world's most expensive one (had he repaid some of it on the pitch his pricetag wouldn't keep getting a mention). There's no such thing as being "too good at everything". Even though he didn't show much of it this season, Pogba is talented, to that extent I agree, but how can you be too good at everything? That really doesn't make a lot of sense. Especially as Pogba was a bit sh1t at a lot of things this season it's a laughable statement (not even "too good" at dabbing any longer).

Other players have been treated much worse after a bad season (correction: players that are too good at everything except having a good season) and it isn't exactly that journos try to hide their bias for/against certain clubs. Do you remember how badly Terry was hammered in the media? Wayne Bridge wasn't even at Chelsea during JT's affair with his ex. Giggs, fvcked around a lot, but the affair that really stands out is the 8 years he betrayed his own brother. JT sleeping with an ex-girlfriend of an ex-teammate is nowhere near as bad as Giggs screwing his brother's wife, for 8 years, even getting her pregnant and forcing her to abort the baby, etc. Giggs was made OBE and looks like a saint compared to how the media slaughtered JT. His choice to retire early was only logical. England definitely could have used JT, by far their best defender at the time, but the way the media and the public treated him he was 100% right to stay away.

PS Belgium also play 3-4-3, even started using it a couple of months before Chelsea and have done so in every competitive tie. Lukaku already has a bit of experience and in the WCQs only Lewandowski and CR7 have more goals. IF Lukaku indeed returns and IF he hits the ground running we'll see IF it was meant to be or not. IF another striker will start next season I hope he'll be the better choice.

9 hours ago, 1000dB said:

British media have a reputation and considering how Pogba's season went I'd say they've been soft on him. His performance this season was miles away from what you'd expect of any top player, let alone the world's most expensive one (had he repaid some of it on the pitch his pricetag wouldn't keep getting a mention). There's no such thing as being "too good at everything". Even though he didn't show much of it this season, Pogba is talented, to that extent I agree, but how can you be too good at everything? That really doesn't make a lot of sense. Especially as Pogba was a bit sh1t at a lot of things this season it's a laughable statement (not even "too good" at dabbing any longer).

Other players have been treated much worse after a bad season (correction: players that are too good at everything except having a good season) and it isn't exactly that journos try to hide their bias for/against certain clubs. Do you remember how badly Terry was hammered in the media? Wayne Bridge wasn't even at Chelsea during JT's affair with his ex. Giggs, fvcked around a lot, but the affair that really stands out is the 8 years he betrayed his own brother. JT sleeping with an ex-girlfriend of an ex-teammate is nowhere near as bad as Giggs screwing his brother's wife, for 8 years, even getting her pregnant and forcing her to abort the baby, etc. Giggs was made OBE and looks like a saint compared to how the media slaughtered JT. His choice to retire early was only logical. England definitely could have used JT, by far their best defender at the time, but the way the media and the public treated him he was 100% right to stay away.

PS Belgium also play 3-4-3, even started using it a couple of months before Chelsea and have done so in every competitive tie. Lukaku already has a bit of experience and in the WCQs only Lewandowski and CR7 have more goals. IF Lukaku indeed returns and IF he hits the ground running we'll see IF it was meant to be or not. IF another striker will start next season I hope he'll be the better choice.

Actually I think Giggs got her pregnant before her and his brother were actually married and didn't he get the OBE for bedding Imogen Thomas???? 

But yeah, you make a fair point.

The way the press treated John Terry was shameful after he gave everything for England. Also the way he was treated over the Ferdinand affair was shocking too. Acquitted of all charges in a court of law but the crusty old duffers at the FA decide they are superior to the law and give him a ban and a fine that effectively ended his England career. 

Yep, Giggs's sister-in-law aborted his baby just weeks before marrying his brother or she would have had to say her vows pregnant of Giggs's baby. Also, yes he should have been awarded a double D sized OBE for bedding Imogen.

One more thing, Lukaku blowing hot & cold is a criticism that pops up. Yet Costa went on longer goalless droughts last season and even without exaggerating Costa has been a half-season striker. Also, why claim that Lukaku will harry defenders any less than Costa did. Everton isn't Chelsea and at least for country Lukaku plays in the same system. I bet that with his eagerness and the guiding hand of the likes of Conte and Henry he'll have that covered as well. Considering the problems Costa is causing, going for somebody that sees Chelsea as his dream club, from boyhood, instead of a merc, would be a more than welcome change.

PS if Kane was a possibility you definitely should be in the market for him. Yet I very much doubt that he is (even for a record fee that breaks the £100m barrier) or that he would consider moving from Spurs to Chelsea.